Soulmate

This big world

She woke up in Hongbin's arms. The lights of the restaurant hurted her eyes, but what she wasn't able to ignore was the excruciating pain she felt in her right flank. She touched it trying to find whatever was causing her pain, but Hongbin stopped her hand.

"It's fine"- he said- "It's normal"- he helped her sat and gave a figure standing in front of him a concerned sight.

"I'll go looking for him"- she said. Hanna recognized her voice: Jiae. She couldn't think straight, her brain was bangging against her skull and the pain in the right flank wasn't getting any better. 

"Wha... what's this?"- she asked Hongbin.

"He was here, it activated your vessel"- he tried to explain while making her stand. She remembered his face. Was he the person she was going to expend the rest of her life with? It was a overwhelming feeling. She had thought about this moment for most of her life, but it wasn't at all as she had imagine it. It was different, the feeling of emptiness was no longer there. It was painful but it was... complete. Did he fell the same way? And then, it hit her. Where was he?

"Where is he?"- she asked scaping from Hongbin's grab. She looked around the restaurant but only found preocupaid stares from the clients- "where..."- and then she heard shouting from the outside. She didn't think twice, as a force had made her go to whoever was standing in the other side of the door. The cold wind was like a slap to her face and it accentuated the pulsating pain, but what she heard then was even more painful. Hongbin grabbed her arm again, making her unable to keep walking towards the source of the noise.

"... JIAE! Stop! I'm not going in there again. I've been avoiding this thing forever. Why does it have to be like this?"- the sweet voice she heard before fainting was now screaming on fury.

"Oppa, please don't do this! She's a good girl... you can't let her like..."- she was pulling a sleeve of the tall man to try to make him approche the restaurant, but he was holding still. He had, behind him, another girl, crying her eyes out.

"I love MinHee! she's the love of my life. Why would I let go of her just because some stranger is my soulmate?"- Hanna felt the air was too thick for her to breath- "Do I have to love her just because?!"

"TAEKWOON ARE YOU GOING TO LET HER DIE?! YOU'LL DIE TOO!!"- Jiae was screaming but the tears suffocated the rage and make it more like a prayer than a shout. Hanna understood the situation very well. Her so called prince was never hers to begin with. That other girl, the one that was holding his hand steadily and crying, she held his heart too. She felt a lonely tear in her cheek and calmly wip it clean, before looking at Hongbin's eyes. He released her slowly, something was broken, he knew it. Deep inside her eyes, she was not the same person as 5 minutes ago. She approched them silently and touched Jiae's hand to make her stop pulling her brother- "Unnie... I'm sorry"- she was almost suffocated by the tears.

"It's ok"- she managed to say before looking into her brother's deep black eyes. She stared at him, trying to find at least a bit of... compasion in his eyes. But all she found was a blank stare, nothing to relate with. Then why? why she felt like dying right there?- "We just have to keep each other alive, don't we?"- she was cold as ice, but her heart was being ripped from the inside out.- "It's for the sake of the people you do love"- she couldn't hold the stare any longer, so she walked back her steps into the restaurant, passing Hongbin in her way.

She sat in one of the tables and waited. Those minutes where hell, what was she going to do now? Later, the tall man walked in and sat in front of Hanna. Hongbin and Jiae also came in but stood in the entrance, hoping to being able to listen to the conversation.

"It's ok. I'm used to being alone. It doesn't matter to me"- she said putting the best cold face she could. It was true, she was never loved like other people, so she was able to handle it, the pain of loneliness- "Maybe it's destiny in reality. You might be the only person on earth that is in love with someone who is not your soulmate. And I'm probably the only one on earth that doesn't care either"- Hongbin moved his body to interfere, but Hanna stoped him with a cold look- "I don't know you, you don't now me. Let's keep it this way"

"Are you telling me it's enough to keep us alive?"- he said, his expression hadn't change since the start- "I guess you are right, it's benefitial to both of us. But we need to see each other everyday, I'm on a world tour..."

"It's fine. I can go. But next semester I need to finish my studies. I can just pospone it for this semester"- she was speaking with out even concideration of what that implide, it just seemed the right thing to do. She was numb, but her rational brain was working his fullest to solve the situation. It was a mear survival matter.

"And what are we going to do to keep our vessels full?"- It was a concern, after all, if they failed they could die.

"I've heared that only a few minutes a day of skinship can solve that. It's not going to be full, but at least we won't die"- she got up and looked at him in the eye again- "This is my phone number. You can contact me so we can work out the details. Take this as a business transaction. Now I've got to keep on working"- he sudenly grab her hand. She felt the warm like energy building up in her body and reuniting in her right flank.

"Meet me tomorrow at 9 in the caffeteria across the street"- he said -"we can talk it out then"- he got up and left the piece of paper she had written her phone in. She saw by the corner of her eye how the door opened and then closed again. She sighed heavily and took the silver tray, straighten her apron and put a smile in her face again. No one even tried to stop her.

__________________

This is the second chapter. I decided to make them rather short for the flow of the story to be better, but I can make them longer as the plot develops. :D