Paris

This big world

After a whole two weeks of hellish schedules, more than 5 cities and a nonstop frenetic fangirl screamings all over they were finally getting to Paris. They couldn't deny it, they all were tired. But, for a change, they could stay in Paris for a long time. The European tour had been exhausting and that's why they had planned a longer stop in the city of lights. 

Even when she had been working her off, she had enjoyed it. Of course, she had been taking the serum non stop, and even though it hurted so much, she rather have a litlle pain for some hours after that, than going on with the tight schedule with her weakned body. The environment was a million times better than before, and she was having a better communication with Taekwoon. After Berlin, he started talking to her more often, and of course, she loved it. 

"Do you think I look ridiculous in this?"- Taekwoon asked in one photoshoot. He was wearing a red corduroy tuxedo with a lace in the neck. She laughed a bit- "Sometimes I would love to refuse to use this stuff"

"You can't. If you do, your fans wouldn't be able to laugh with you"

"With me or just about me?"- he said in a very low but audible voice.

"Aren't you mocking yourself right now?"

"I guess"- and he gave a little smile while looking at the mirror- "It's absurd..."

"Yeah"

"Can you at least boost my selfsteem?"

"Even if I tried I couldn't be able to make your ego go down"

"You have quite a smart mouth there"

"Always had"- she got up her chair and started arranging his outfit- "That you are quiet and reserved has nothing to do with your over inflated ego... But...truth to be told...I'm no stylist... but this is... well"

"Ridiculous"- he completed. She laughed while arranging the western lace.

They have had those kind of conversations. In the car, in waiting rooms, on phothoshoots... Everyone had noticed the difference in their relationship and the staff was happy. However, the nice trip was over, and now everyone had to get used, once again, to MinHee's presence. Hanna knew she had to forget all those moments of bliss and just get used to the taciturn and cold Leo, once again. Paris was both a dream and a nightmare to her. 

"We're going to stay in a house"- Dae Jung said to the staff- "The company had rent it for us for our stay in Paris, so we'll all be roommates for a month. We'll have to set some rules and..."- Hanna wasn't really listening. The van was moving by the streets of one of the cities she had dreamed the most to visit. The beautiful stone pavement in some streets, the diversity of architecture in every corner, the bridges and the trees, the smell of bread and butter every time they passed by a bakery. Restaurants, book stores and fashion stores everywhere. It seemed like a dream- "... Are you even listening to me? HANNA!!"- she came back from dreamland with his yell. He was almost murdering her with his eyes, he sighed- "We were discussing the schedule... I mean, we have a month here so it'll be kind of like in Hong Kong, Tomorrow morning we have a tv show to shoot and we need you in your full senses, ok? You should also think in what to do during the times you don't have to work with us... I mean, you are an artist and everything so... Paris can give you some good experience"

"Nee!!"- she was very excited. It was true, she had been waiting for this stop in the european tour more than anything.

She was excited to see the lights and the glamour but also the museums and the parks, the people and the lifestyle. But more than anything, she was wishing to see Hakyeon. He was the one that made verable the barrier between Taekwoon and her. She had been developing a good relationship with him. Not just as a doctor, but as a good friend. One of the almost rutine things she did for the past three weeks was talking to Hakyeon by skype. Sometimes for hours, about... nothing and everything. 

"How can you be like that?"- she asked jokingly- "You know your neighboards are going to call the police if you keep singing like that?"- that day he had revealed he had a hidden hobby. Singing and dancing crazily in his house. The tall charismatic guy had that goofy side to him. She had already saw it but it was incredible to be a witness of his behavior, it differed to much from his looks.

"I don't care!! it helps me realease stress!!. I had a hellish day at the hospital today... All I wanna do is dance"- he said- "You should try it too!!"

"Why?!"- she couldn't stop smiling.

"Just because!!"- he said- "Don't you love doing meaningless stuff? From time to time, you should relax... it's always work and painting, and... drawing..."- she couldn't deny it. From time to time, she wanted to do other stuff. She couldn't stop the eager she had been building in her guts just by listening to Hakeyon and watching him going nuts in his bed. She too, started dancing without much thought and jumped in her bed, almost screaming her loungs out with some kpop song Hakyeon had on. Those were the moments were she felt Hakyeon was more her soulmate than the cold hard guy in the room next to her. She needed that, she needed her daily dosis of Hakyeon's happy serum. 

Hanna loved Hakyeon's sense of humor, but also was very thankful to have his sincere side to bring her back to earth. They had talked about their carrers, their pasts, their plans on life and even on what they had eaten for breakfast. They talked about their childhoods, and with that she felt the happiness coming back to her life. She was having a ball remembering her childhood with litlle Hongbin and Hyuk, when she was the noona and took care of the dongsaengs. Now they were so grown up, they were almost 20 cm taller than her. She missed them both. Huyk had been in Japan for over two years, and she hadn't had the opportunity to go see him and HongBin... well since he found Jiae, he wasn't Hanna's anymore, even when they went to school together and stayed in each others homes, it was different.

"I would have loved to be there..."- Hakyeon said after she told him about the first time she, Hongbin and Hyuk found the river near Hongbin's grandparent's farm and stood there till night time hunting fireflies.

"I would have loved having you there"- she said. Hakyeon was definetly one of the things that made her get up in the morning and smile. 

A bump in the road made her remember she was in Paris, going to her new one month home. After almost an hour from the airport, the van stopped in a stoned street in front of a big three floored Baroque style building, not too old, but not to new either. She got off the van and felt the almost warm wind blewing her hair. It was true what people said, the air in Paris was different, it had something special. She went into the house with great expectation. The inside was amazing too, the french rococo style was a bit to heavy, but she loved it inmediately.

She had never been one of those overly excesive girls, actually, she was the complete opposite. It wasn't that she had no money and walked shoeless in the streets, she had it all as a child and her aunt had never refused to give her anything, it was just that she wasn't comfortable showing her femenine side to other people. Hanna wore converse, jeans and simple t-shirts, and her only accesory was her bag. She hadn't wore a dress since kindergarden, and the only skirt she had been in was the uniform of her various jobs. But this kind of style was not bad. She could imagine herself in one of those puffy heavy dresses with lots of ribbons and with a poddle hairdo. She laughed a little just picturing it.

"About the distribution of the house, your name tags are glued in the doors. Some people will be sharing a room and some will have a single so be greatful you can stay in such a house.... We all have to thank MinHee on this, it was a friend of hers that lend it to us"- the staff sighed almost at unisone and then were dismissed- "We have a few minutes to unpack and we need to have a word with you"- Dae Jung said just to her,Taekwoon was at his side. He looked troubled, almost sick. Hanna nodded and started climbing the stars to see were she was assigned. She had to go to the third floor where there were only two doors, one in the other side of the other. In one of them she could read Hanna, and in the other Taekwoon/MinHee. She sighed heavily. It was a bad dream... she wanted to be as invisible as possible while in Paris, and now she had to share the same floor with the people she was trying to avoid. She would have to arrange her schedule so they would not see each other much. While she was thinking about it, she felt someone behind her.

"We're on the same floor"- Taekwoon said- "I guess I can't run from you"

"I won't disturb you"- she said taking her bags to the opposite room- "I promise I won't make loud noises or... I'll try not to make contact with you"

"I don't mean it like that"

"It's fine. I know she's important for you, so I won't do anything to cause distress"- she said without looking back. She knew things would change, they would return to normality, and she would be, once again, tied to the short rope of MinHee- "We should go back to where we didn't talk"

"You... do you really want that?"- he said.

"It's never about what I want"- she said. Her half smile vanished when he came near her and put his fingers on her jaw making her face lift to see him- "It's always about you"- she managed to say, her heart was pounting. He put a strand of hair that had scaped from the bun she had. It took her breath away.

"Meet me on the first floor... I need to tell you something"- the proximity had made her dissy, but she could also notice he looked pale, paler than usual. Was he sick? He said nothing more, and he walked in his room. She did the same and got into the room with her name on it. There was something wrong with Taekwoon, she had a bad feeling about it.

The room was little, the roof was wooden and it looked like an atic, but it was perfect. There was a little window with a table and a chair arranged in front of it, the bed was bigger than the whole room and a chest was lying in the fllor in front of it. Everyting was all covered with white cloths. She unpacked in less than half and hour and took the usual backpack filled with her stuff, after the talk, she planned to go have a walk, call Hakyeon and eat some good Parisian food.

"Oh... Hanna"- Dae Jung noticed her walking down the last flight of stairs- "I was about to call you..."- he was already talking with Taekwoon in the litlle reciving space near the door- "I was just talking to Taekwoon and... he has something to tell you, it's about the wedd..."- Hanna looked at Taekwoon who avoided her eyes. In that moment the doorbell rang.

"I'll go"- Hanna said and approached the door.

As soon as she opened the door something came in and pushed Hanna to the wall to have space to get inside. MinHee almost jumped into Taekwoon's arms. She hugged him so tight that Taekwoon had to let go of the set of papers that he was holding to hugged her too. Then, Hanna felt the same thing she felt that night in Hong Kong, the lucid and rigid pain in her right side. She could see it again, that smile that only MinHee recieved. Her heart stopped for a moment and then started to race, she felt how the warm in her hands started draining. 

"Hanna, I..."- Dae Jung said. She couldn't stop staring at the happy scene. MinHee was running her fingers in his hair and getting him nearer and nearer...- "Yah! Come with me"- he screamed in middle of dispear looking at Hanna. He knew what she was feeling but, he wanted it to stop.

"Yes"- she followed him into the living room but her eyes stayed in the receiver. She felt the room spinning faster and faster.

"Hanna...??"- that was the last thing she saw before she passed out. In the time she was out, she felt like something was happening in his surroundings, like in a feverish dream, but wasn't really aware of what was really happening. She had to admit it, those times were she pushed her body limits a bit too much, were paying off. It hurted everywhere. 

While she was out, she had a dream. It was summer time, in Seoul. It was a beautiful morning and the sky was clear. The wind was blowing slightly. Her aunt, Hyukie, Hongbin, Jiae and herself were in the park near her apartment in Seoul, eating watermelon. They were there, sitting and eating silently while the kids were running everywhere. Was any of those kids Hongbin's? She could see their faces, so peaceful and happy. She remembered when everything was like that... warm, easy... and then, the light her eyes.

"... did you unlock the celphone? We need his number... this f....it's not working.."- she was finally regaining consciousness. She could see a beautiful chandellier hanging from the beautiful ceiling decorated with a delicate rossette. She tried to incorporate, but her body felt rigid.

"I'm fine"- she could finally murmured.

"Oh my God..."- she could see Dae Jung rushing over to her- "what happend? are you ok?"

"I'm fine..."

"I have to call that doctor. The one who gave you the serum, he lives her doesn't he?... give me his phone..."- he was a bit frenetic.

"Calm down"- she said trying to sit again, but failling misserably- "I'm fine..."

"Give me the ing number!"- he said, genually mad- "I knew it was something weird... I should have pressured more to know... You lost too much weight, were pale all along..."

"Oppa... calm down... I'm fine"

"Give me the number"- said a voice behind her. The shiver went all over her spine- "Now"- Taekwoon was standing right behind her leaning against the wall. She tried to sit in the bed again, but she couldn't move, this time, it was Taekwoon hand that made her remain in her possition.

"I..."- she tried to say but was drowend by Taekwoon's low cold tone.

"Give me the phone"- Taekwoon ordered. Dae Jung hand it to him and saw something in his eyes that made him retreat.

"Let's leave them"- Dae Jung said to the people that were in the room- "Go unpack"- they went out slowly. Taekwoon then brought a chair near the bed and sat on it. He let down his head and Hanna could only see his head's crown. He kept silent and Hanna tried to sat over again. This time, she succeded with much difficulty. They stood like that for over a minute. She could feel it, something had changed. His tone of voice was the same he had that night they first met. 

"... I need to know, what's really going on"- he was looking to the floor and it made her extreamly nervous. She gulped- "I mean, it's been almost a month since you have been having those shots, and yes you do look better, but... now you faint and..."- his hands were one upon the other and were trembeling a little. She died a little inside. Was he worried about her?

"I... am greatful that you worry about me, but all you have to know it's that... I... have some health problems, and I'm taking care, so... I don't want you to..."

"know..."- he ended the sentence- " I'm not stupid, I eventually figure it out on my own... You don't want me to get near you, you don't want me to know anything, you don't even want me to know you"- he looked so down, so pale, sickish. His low tone was even lower than usual and that made her start hyperventilating. She wanted to surrender, to tell him how much she had waited, had longed for him. To hug him and to cry in his arms. But she knew, even if she dreamed about it, he would always pick MinHee in the end. She had to be strong, if she wanted to stay by his side, if she wanted to keep both their lifes save.

"It's because I want to protect myself..."

"From what?!"

"FROM YOU!!"- she screamed, and then got up. He didn't move an inch. She felt her legs giving up, but she managed to stay up. She took her phone from his hands and called Hakyeon. She wanted to feel save, and he was the only one that made her feel like that. He answered in less than three rings- "Hakyeon-ah... I'm in Paris..."

"Really?! Where are you? Do you wanna have lunch with me? I can go for you..."- he said hapily.

"I... fainted"

"What?! What happened?"

"Can you come? I... wanna see you... "- she couldn't continue talking because she felt his hand wrapped around her wrist.

"I... need to tell you something..."- he was cold as a stone. She tried to make him realease his grip, but he was way to strong- "Hongbin and sis's wedding is gonna be this friday"- he said suddenly- "The date had to changed, the church had problems... they had to move it"

"What?"- she hadn't hanged up yet but she wasn't paying attention to Hakyeon anymore.

"We can not go. I have two concerts this week, fanmeetings, interviews and some photoshoots. It's impossible to go"- the only thing she could see was the top of his head.

"You... you promised me"

"I know..."

"You... said we could go!"- he got up and started walking to the door- "It's the only thing I've asked you! I've never asked for anything else... Please!"- she screamed again, but he didn't even looked back. She stood there watching, once again, his back. The sound of the door closing behind him made her sat in the bed again, and there... she flipped. All the things she had managed to keep silent started pouring out - "I...I hate you!! Why did it had to be you?!  Why did... I wanted a family!! You never asked... I... wanted to meet my soulmate get married. have kids and a dog. I wanted to have a life... I wanted someone to love me... Am I selfish??? Am I a nonsense to you???!! You always have something to say don't you? What about me? I have so many things to..."- in that moment she felt how her tears had started to choke her voice. She could only shrink in the floor and cry out loud. She cried for Taekwoon, for what meeting him had done to her life, she self pittied herself for the first time in her life. She cried for Hongbin and Jiae's wedding and she cried for everything she had to went through with MinHee, she also cried for the impossibility of a good life after all this. She cried for her aunt and her unknowledge of Hanna's situation, she cried for Hyuk and the deception she was for everyone, even for herself. But mostly she cried because of her weakness, for her stupidity, the dreams she had for her future as an artist  and the hopes she had been building silently in her heart. Hopes of having something to hold on to with Taekwoon, to feel his warm, not just the serums...

The cold was unverable, and her body ached again. They way she felt in the floor was the way she had to stay for a long time. She didn't now how long had it been, maybe hours, untill she felt better and was able to sit in the bed. Her head hurted and a deep beep sounded in her ears. The tears hadn't stoped yet, but she regained her motion abilities. She started to calm down and stop sobbing when she heared a loud noise outside the room.

"... HOW COULD YOU? YOU COULD'VE KILLED HER... SON OF A..."- that, was definetly Hakyeon's voice.

_________________________________

Thank you for follow the story. I hope you can stay with me till the end. :D. Please comment on anything, if you have any suggestions, I'll make sure to take them in account. Ohhh!! And I'm so happy VIXX is having a comeback. Please be sure to check his new M/V!!! and support them in the music shows... It's gonna be great. I'm soooo looking forward to it. 

P.S: Don't they look great? 

I love Binnie's pink hair...