Clash

This big world

Hanna got up that morning feeling better. Her hands had stopped trembling and she wasn't so cold. Hakyeon had inyected her the serum before going to sleep and she felt the relieve right from that moment. Even when she had some bittersweet taste in she was greatful, for everything. She felt relieved both physically and mentally and more than anything, she felt her emptiness getting bearable.  Meeting him was the best thing that had happened  to her... in her hole life. How would it be... if she had met him under different circumstances? Maybe destiny was playing with her. Destiny was without a doubt, a cruel evil thing.

As she was going to the restaurant to get breakfast she could see his mesmerizing figure, almost sparkling, sitting in the midle of the restaurant hall with his long legs crossed, a cup of coffe in one of his hands and that day's paper on the other. Hakyeon almighty the savior was the nickname she mentally had given him. 

She got a different perspective of him over the night. They shared more than a simple encounter. She learnt so many things about him during their "almost heart to heart" conversation, that she couldn't shake the feeling of him being more than just a casual acquantaince. Of course, he wasn't a random fellow, he was somehow excepcional in every way, his personality and his reactions were to much fun. And of course, she couldn't forget their scars were way too similar to dismiss, she knew when their eyes met from the first time.

"How was it? Could you sleep comfortably?"

"Yes!"- she smiled brightly. He was still angry at her, but seeing her with a little bit of color in her cheeks was the best gift he have had in a long time.

"How about breakfast?"

"Eggs, bacon and toast for me"- she said to the waitress. Hakyeon sighed and stired his coffe- "Ummm and a cup of latte"- she sat happily at his side. 

"I can't shake it... this stupid smile when I see you. You really are a piece of art"- he ruffled his hair. His chocolate hair flew gracefully in the air for a few seconds. 

"Don't you smile like that normaly?"

"Well, yes"- he took a bite of his sandwich- "but not this foolishly..."

"I can't find the difference"- she knew she was insitating him, but she liked his reactions when she .

"You talk too much"- He had been examining her from the moment she entered the restaurant. He noticed she had now even more wittiness, she looked vibrant, and rested, not like the day before at all. She could smile more naturally and the dark circles had reduced a lot. That was proof of the serum working his way into her body. 

"Look who's talking"- she knew he was charismatic, but at the same time, he gave that neighbordhood idiot vibe that made him even more approchable than before. He made a sassy face to her and she laughed.

Outside the snow was falling heavily. As yesterday, she felt a familiar environment sitting besides him. Even when they were not talking, there was... peace. The breakfast arrived and she started eating inmediatly. She couldn't remember the last time she ate food that actually satisfied her stomach instead of making her sick. She could feel the food and not just swallow it. The eggs were marvelous and the bacon... ohhh she had forgotten the feeling of the crispy delightfulness flavor... Hakyeon found her expressions amazing. He was also surprised he could find her adorable even when she was eating like a pig. 

"So how are we going to make things work? I mean... you'll leave now and I have to return to Paris"- he had been thinking about it till dawn and had no sleep.

"I know... well... I'll be in Paris in some weeks"

"You won't last some weeks without the serum"

"Mmm I can inyect myself"- she had been thinking about it. In the schedule, they had about three weeks left to get to Paris and Hakyeon was up to return in two days. Hakyeon was living in Paris and had come to Stockholm to attend a medical convention in which he was a ponent. But after that he had to return to Paris and continue his studies and the development of the serum. 

"No you can't... You'll pass out just by the pain"- she remembered the pain she felt when he was pushing the syringe in her vessel. It was probably true, she couldn't do it herself.

"How long does the effect lasts?"- she was curious. Actually the thought of inyecting it more than once a day was unberable, but it was rather accepting the pain of the inyection or living cold and without energy... till death.

"I don't know... it's the first time I've proved it in a person. But I have an estimate of 36 hours"

"Well all I can say is that it works. You are definetely a genius"- she smirked and gave a big bite to her toast. She felt so much better, she didn't want to worry for that kind of nonsense. Although she was kind of relaxed about the matter Hakyeon knew that the aftermath of not continuing with the treatment would be dangerous for her health and of course, she could die in matter of days without it.

"So... what do we do...?"- Hakyeon tried to pressure but in that moment something caught his eye. The door of the restaurant opened and he saw a man approaching their seat. Hanna felt something was definetly wrong as she could see the change of his gaze. For the first time after the serum inyection, she felt shivers. She followed Hakyeon stare and had to turn her body to have a look at what he was watching. She froze as she recognize the tall dark haired figure walking to her. She could see Hakyeon's eyes staring at Taekwoon, following him meticulously reading his every movement. It was like everything was happening in slow motion. She could look at Taekwoon too. As soon as he entered, he realized Hakyeon was sitting in the same table as her. Taekwoon's usual blank expression changed to a serious stiff one, he frowned his eyebrows slightly.

"Good morning"- she salute trying not to look overly surprised- "I was just going up to... I'll be packing my baggage and then we can leave..."

"Am I interrupting something?"- Taekwoon cut in her attempt to start a conversation without introducing the stranger. He hadn't sitted down. Hakyeon had stopped looking at him an now was more than amazed by the cup of coffe he was holding. Taekwoon on the other hand, was staring at Hakyeon and almost ignoring Hanna.

"Breakfast"- Hakyeon bluntly answered and continued taking zips elegantly from his coffe cup. After a couple of awkward seconds Hakyeon raised his head to look Taekwoon's face. Taekwoon could feel the aggression that Hakyeon directed at him. He didn't know why, but he felt that hostility towards the man he hand't even met yet- "You should sit with us, have some breakfast and stop interrupting"

"Shoul I call the waiter? Do you want to have breakfast?"- Hanna could feel the distressfull enviroment building up.

"... your name?"- Taekwoon asked in his usual low voice, but he had a dry feeling, a very cold tone.

"Doctor Cha Hakyeon"- he emphasized in the doctor part. Hanna was in an uneasy situation. She wasn't sure of what to do to make the tension drop a little.

"Jung Taekwoon... I'm his soulmate"- he pointed to Hanna. She froze. Hakyeon smiled at her warmly.

"She's my friend, so we have that in common"- Hakyeon answered. Taekwoon's eyes went directly to Hanna, he was questioning her in silence. She knew he wasn't pleased to hear Hakyeon was her "friend".

"Hakyeon-ah... I'm done... and so do you... I have to get going and pack up my things. Should we continue the converstation by phone? "- Hanna tried to take away Hakyeon so they would stop that stressfull talk.

"What conversation?"- Taekwoon's eyes showed fire, he was mad, madder than ever. She bit her lower lip and evaded his gaze.

"She's consulting me about her health"- Hakyeon was triying to see Taekwoon's reaction, and he did. Taekwoon's almost meanaceful behavior changed inmediately. His shoulders went down and he corved his body. His eyes were unfocoused and Hakyeon could see his lips flinch.- "You've noticed, haven't you? She isn't well..."- Hanna stood up and hit the table. Her breath was agitated and her eyes were murderous. Hakyeon knew he went too far. She grabbed Hakyeon's hand and made him get up. 

"Is she... sick?"- Taekwoon's voice came out normaly but had something on it that made Hanna's body felt glued to the place she was. Taekwoon got up too- "Please tell me... I... need to know"- Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon. He saw it then... what Hanna had told him the night before, what she had been believing was completely wrong. Those eyes were of a person that was not only worried, but cared enough to be having that kind of psicological war with him and then disarm his tough male act. Taekwoon cared enough to lose the war against Hakyeon.

"She... needs to have an inyection"- he felt how Hanna stucked his hand- "... Just to keep her healthy"- he added and Hanna released his hand, but he hold on to both her hands. Taekwoon felt shocked at the sudden realization of the skinship they were having.- "As you are her soulmate, you need to know...  it hurts a lot, but if she takes it every 36 hours she'll be fine"- Hakyeon felt Hanna's hands trembling in his- "You should make sure someone inyects her... that's all you can do to help"

Taekwoon needed a few minutes to process what was happening. He knew Hanna's health was poor, and he was preocupaid, but something inside him made the matter weight more than he would want. He had a bad feeling about Hanna's health and now, about the stranger that was now her friend and doctor. But at the same time, he could see that there was a difference between the Hanna yesterday and the Hanna that was now standing in front of him. She had regain... something, that something that she had back when he met her.

"So with this... she'll be ok?"

"Yes..."- and then came near Hanna and whispered- "At least for now"

_______________________________________________

Sorry about the short update but I've been really busy this days. 

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you've had a good holiday with your family and friends. I leave you with a nice photo of both Taekwoon and Hakyeon. XD.

머리 크리스마스!!!!