Radio station

This big world

As Jiae had told her, Hong Kong's airport situation was worse than Seoul's. People was much more aggresive and didn't disperse even if Taekwoon was already gone. After fighting to go throught the people, Hanna was pushed into one of the vans that were waiting on the outside of the airport. She felt how Dae Jung had helped her throught the hole conmotion, and thanked him mentally. Even when she had slept all the way to Hong Kong, she was tired just from getting out of the airport. 

"We're late"- Dae Jung said in the van helping her to take a sit- "We were expecting to get here about an hour ago, so now we have to go straight to the radio station. The radio show is set for 12 pm but we have to plan ahead."- While he was speaking Hanna realized she was sitting besides Taekwoon. He didn't look at her, and neither of them talked a single word. Taekwoon stared at the window and Hanna tried to avoid even touching him and directing her sight at the floor of the car- "Hanna we need you to translate in the broadcast station, can you do it?"

"Yes"- she automatically answered.

MinHee once again was nowhere to be seen. In the van it was Taekwoon's manager, the lead stylist and two other staff. She vowed to them and tried to change sits, but Dae Jung made her stay. She looked at him a bit distressed, but he sat in front of them making a cold face at her.

She was half happy she could help them with something, but she was still having heavy feeling for the problem with MinHee. She tried to understand the situation, but it was just something she had never been through in her entire life. Actually, she hadn't really liked a boy, so how can she fully understand what the other girl was thinking of. 

"Taekwoon-ah... We need to go throught the script. You'll have to go throught it with Hanna... it's in chinese"- he handed a fold of papers to Hanna. She opened it and started reading fluently. Taekwoon didn't turn his head, he just unplugged his headphone and listend quietly. Her voice resonated in the silent car. The awkwardness could be felt even for the staff. They were aware of the relationship between the two, but didn't want to intefiere too much. As Dae Jung had told them. It was their problem to manage. She ended reading the script and then the silence took over again.

"Do I have to be there? For the hole thing?"- she asked after a few minutes.

"Yes... you'll be the offcial translator. For all the shows"- said Dae Jung.

"I'm going on air?!"- she almost screamed. She thought the most she had to do was help Taekwoon translate somethings for him to be prepared for the show. But she never thought she would be on a live broadcast. 

"I told you before... on Seoul's airport"

"Oh... I'm going to be on tv?"

"Yes, today is a livestreaming video radio show. We'll get you prepared so don't worry"- he said.

She lacked confidence, she had always had stage panic. Not even in highschool she was able to perform in any stage nor do anything publicly. She knew was shy in different ways, but this was just purely panic. But knowing they had (he had) trust her with the job, she pushed herself and forgot completelly about the upsetting events, focussing on reading the script over and over. She was so nervous her hands started sweating, even when outside the car a snow storm started to fall.

After half an hour of driving, they got to the radio station underground parking lot. Outside, lots of fans where waiting for his arrival, that made Hanna even more scared. The building was huge, lot's of people in the halls waiting for Taekwoon to pass by. She could only keep the crew's pace and pray not to get lost. Pray for everything to be alright and for her not to screw up.

"This is your waiting room"- said a Chinese staff. Hanna thanked her and made the crew go in.

"Oh my God..."- she sat in one of the coaches and started reading the script for the thousand time. She was so nervous, she felt like vomiting. It had been an eternity since she spoke chinese fluently, so remembering it at it's fullest was kind of a challenge- "Can we go through it again?..."- it was the first thing she told Taekwoon after the airport incident, but she was so nervous she forgot she had to keep her distance. He sat across her silently. She remembered the scenes form the caffe, when they sat across each other and just drink coffee while holding hands. The staff was organizing the space to do make up and to change clothes, so no one was listening to their conversation.

"You're gonna do ok"- he said seriously, after hearing her translation. She wanted some warm words, to calm her. But his voice came out just as always, as when they had met in the restaurant. She remembered he had no obligation to help her or make her feel at ease, so those words where actually much more than she should expect. She got up and started walking from one side to other, reading the script again and again, making sure the accents were fine, and that her chinese would sound good. She took a deep breath, and while passing near Taekwoon, she felt his hand gripping around her wrist- "I... MinHee..."- she felt shivers. That name had become unpleaseant for her.

"It's fine... She saw something upsetting. I't won't happen again. I won't disturb her... Thank you for... well... giving me this job"- his eyes were hidden behind black sunglasses, but she knew he was looking straight to her eyes- "Let's just stop... please"- he released her softly. He knew she was hurt but appreciated the sense of duty she had. He was aware too that she was way too nervous, but he had to be as far form her as he could, for the better of their relationship, he had to keep it professional. In that moment Dae Jung asked them both to sit in the chair to do their make up. 

"It's going to be ok, you are just the translator, so you have to be very concentrated to translate from the MC to Taekwoonie and back"- Dae Jung sat besides her explaining her while one of the staff did her hair in a pony tail- "If there is a improvised question, try to act as natural as you can and keep on the conversation..."- he noticed her hands where shaking- "I know this is all too sudden but we appreciate to have you as one of our staff. Min Hee wasn't happy, but she had to accept it... We tried finding a translator but it was very difficult as most of them had already soulmates and didn't want to travel that long. You saved us. I know you'll do just fine."

"I won't dissapoint you"- she reassured. If one thing she took serious was the trust others put in her.

A chinese staff member knocked the door and let them know it was almost time, it had been more than 4 hours in Hong Kong, and all she had done was read that script, she had already memorized it. They got up and went to the radio booth.

It was a small space, with a sound cabin and a little, business like office with a table full of microphones and chairs. The MC, XuaChen was not much older than Hanna and Taekwoon, he had been a radio MC for a long time, so the experience and confidence bursted from his pores. He greeted happily and Taekwoon's business smile bursted. She had seen it before in the airport, but she could tell how false it was. Then Xua Chen approched Hanna, and she greeted.

"I hope you can guide me. I'm new in this"- she said a bit nervously.

"Ahhh... your chinese is really good. I thought you were from here. You have a nice voice for radio"- he reasured her- "Even if you are a rookie try not to get too nervous. Mistakes are expected so don't stop talking, just apologize and keep on going. Keep your voice as steady as posible and don't forget to be near the microphone always. That's it"

"Yes sir"- she took a sit across Taekwoon's sit and at the side of the MC. The control booth send the signal, they were on air. Hanna took a deep breath.

"Good night to everyone listening to XuaChen Radio Livestream. This winter night is beautiful in HongKong, please try to be warm and not expose yourselves to the chilli temperatures. Take a cup of chocolate and listen to XuaChen Radio while you're on it. Today we have a very special guest. All the way form Korea, Leo!"- they clapped together. The screams of the people outside the building could be heared- "Annyeonghaseyo..."- the show kept on going.

It was fun, the questions and the activities they had planned went smoothly. She started to know Taekwoon better from those questions. Leo, kept his cool almost always, but when he smiled, when he really smiled... she felt like dying right there. Sometimes the questions or the comments of the MC made him so embarassed he ended up hiding his head between the table and his arms, she found it adorable. By the end of the hour she had laughed and enjoyed the new expirience and as a plus she could see Taekwoon's true smile more than ever.

"This has been a wonderful night... ohhh we have a last question for the night. M8XIHANS2 send us this. It's quite funny, so I'm going to read it... "Who is the girl sitting besides MC XuaChen? Is she korean? Why does she speak chinese so well? Why is she so cute? Can I have your number?"  To the listeners interested in her...please, stop asking, she's already taken- Hanna felt like blushing but said nothing to correct it, but one glance to Taekwoon's face made her froze. Did the MC knew? she wasn't sure- "She's my sweetheart now..."- he laughed naughtily. Hanna could only smile. For a moment she thought maybe he had noticed her looking to much at Taekwoon, or smiling whenever he did... she thought they had been discovered.- "This is for our lovely translator that have been a great help for the success of this show. You have fans too now...Ohh!!!... I don't if you can see from the cameras but she's blushing. So cute... Well this is all for the night. We hope you had a good time with us and Leo. Leo-ssi, please keep on coming to XuaChen Radio every time you are on Hong Kong"- Leo smiled at the camera and waved lively. The red light in the wall went off indicating the end of transmission. She recline in her chair leaving her arms hanging to her side. She was satisfied but tired. - "You did really well. Seriously, keep on the good work"- the MC said to her and then left the booth after saying goodbye to Taekwoon and his manager. Hanna let her body relax in the chair, her arms hanging at her sides and she shut her eyes to stop the light from hurting her eyes. 

"It was fun"- she heared from the chair across the table- "we should grab something to eat..."

"I just wanna sleep. Can I go to the hotel?"- she couldn't believe she was refusing to go somewhere with Taekwoon. But her heart rejected the possibility as soon as she heard. She was really excited about the radio broadcast and knowing more about him, but the airport incident was too fresh. By the end of the show she had decided that if she wanted to last the 6 month tour, shen needed to be as far as him as possible... or, as Hongbin had said, she would die slowly while falling for him. She already was.

"It's fine..."- he said. She heard the noise of the chair against the floor. Taekwoon understood her. Throught he whole radio show she tried her best not to stare at him long, and direct her attention to the MC. He knew she was making an effort to avoid him. He was greatful too. Maybe if they haven't met like that she would be a great friend... Maybe if he had met her before MinHee, they would be... - "We'll leave you there and then go out"