Seoul

This big world

It was an emotive talk. They screamed at each other, they showed their vulnerabilities and also their hearts. By the end of the intense fight, Hanna and Hakyeon felt better. It was cold but after they decided to make things work with the two of them, they went directly home, sat down and had a long racional talk. By the end of it they had drunk two bottles of wine and had planned the trip to Seoul over and over again. They also planned what to do about Taekwoon's condition.

By 8, Hakyeon bought his plane ticket while Hanna talked to Daejung in the bedroom. He had agreed with Hanna's idea of sending over the serum so Taekwoon would start getting stabilized. As a doctor, he knew Taekwoon's condition would only worsen little by little, but the serum would work wonders for a few days, untill they could met. Of course, under his constant supervision. He made sure to explain to Hanna that Taekwoon wouldn't have the same relieve she had, but that the serum would make his temperature rise and he would be able to eat enough to keep him fine untill Seoul. And the again, as Hanna's... boyfriend? he was just happy to feel her conviction over the biological need to see her soulmate. 

On the other side, Hakyeon also decided to take a leave on his job at the hospital and dedicate himself on investigation. His priorities had changed, and he knew that he had to find the solution to Hanna's dependency over Taekwoon, and the other way around too. He had to take things seriously if he was picturing a live with her, and of course... some day he would find his own soulmate, and he'll need it too.

As soon as Hanna's conversation with Daejung ended, Hakyeon went to the bedroom and hugged her.

"I know this is so difficult... I'm sorry to have put you in this position"- he said. She was shivering.

"You didn't pull me into this. I did this to myself. And now, I've got to live through this"- she took a deep breath- "I'm really greatful I've got you by my side"- she caressed his arm to make him let her go- "We should start packing"

"... it's Wendsday"- he said- "We've still have two days"

"Hakyeon just... help me out with this"- she said- "I'm having a nerve attack"

"You have to keep your cool and try to stay still for a while. Just having this much distress is making your vessels open and release energy. Try to get some sleep"- Hakyeon recommended.

"I cannot"- she said- "I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight"

"Let's get to bed"- he sligthly pushed her into the bed and smiled devilishly.

"What do you mean?!"- she tried to get up but he put his hands on her shoulders and leaned over her. His forehead touched hers.

"I want to cuddle"- his eye smile made her blush, but at the same time she felt relaxed and wanted to cuddle too.

"Hakyeon..."- she tried to get up again.

"I just want to be sure you are alright"- he said whispering. She blushed- "I won't do anything. Just let me see you sleeping"- she could not fight anymore, he was way too sweet. She took her shoes off and got into the bed without another word. He followed.

_____________________________

Friday morning was chaos. Hakyeon's bags were still unpacked, the kitchen was a war zone and most of Hanna's clothes were still being dried.

"I told you! We should've packed yesterday... but you wanted to keep cuddling"- she screamed trying to get the apartment clean. Hakyeon was throwing books on his bags- "And now we've got nothing done!!"

"Stop blaming me and just do what you gotta do!"- he sreamed back- "We've got to be in the airport by 7!- it was 4 in the morning and they were still at it. The day before Hakyeon's friends threw them a party and they weren't able to pack properly. Thursday was completely crazy. Hakyeon went to the hospital and passed his resignation letter, Hanna went to Ravi's to get her dress and the tailored couple tuxedo she had asked Ravi to do for Hakyeon. By noon they were having a quick meal, after which they kept going. Hanna had to buy lots of souveniers and get some stuff for the long trip. By 9 p.m they were returning home. The surprise was that Hakyeon's friends were in the apartment. They prepared a little party to set them off (and ask for things from Korea). The so called "little party" continued untill dawn, and it made impossible for them to pack.

"Are you sure you turned off the light of the bathroom?"- she asked once they were on the street. Ken had been waiting for them, he would take them to Charles de Gaulle airport.

"Yes!"- Hakeyon took Hanna's hand and dragged her the last steps.

As soon as they got into the airport they went directly to check their luggage and then to the waiting room. They were both tired and moody, but Hanna was very happy having Hakyeon by her side. She had been very nervous the last days, her body was feeling strange after the revelation of Taekwoon's symtomphs. Hakyeon had explained that her body was connected unconciously to Taekwoon's but she didn't feel pain before he told her because even when she was having a "leak" of energy, her brain wasn't processing the pain as something connected to her soulmate. He also explained that most of the pain she felt was phsycological and that vessels were organs with little nerve connections so it was impossible for them to hurt that much. In the other hand, people experienced that kind of pain from the knowledge of something going on with their soulmates. 

"I feel like I'm gonna pass out"- she said putting her head in Hakyeon's shoulder.

"Me too"- he said sighing. He rest his head on her forehead and closed his eyes. She remembered the first time they slept together. He was such a gentleman, he never made a move, he just hugged her and shared his warmth with her. Just remembering the feeling of waking up with her lips touching Hakeyon's long and slender neck was... 

"Passengers of 1315 flight to Seoul please start boarding the plane. Passengers of 1315 flight to Seoul please start boarding..." 

It was a quiet flight. They slept for most of the 12 hours and had nothing to say to each other. They were just happy of being together. They got into a taxi an hour later and rode into Seoul. Hakyeon's eyes were focoused on the city. Hanna knew he was very happy of coming back to his country, he had been silent, almost trying not to alarm Hanna, but she knew by looking into his eyes. He was static.

"Hakyeon-ah"- she called to get his attention- "We have to go to my aunt's apartment and... she's gonna be there so..."

"Are you going to tell her?"

"Yes..."- It had been a constant worry in her mind. She had to explain everything, Her soulmate problem, Hakyeon´s presence and, over everything, the fact that she decided not to tell anything before. She was happy about the fact that she was returning home, and know she needed their support more than anything, but she was very scared of the judgement.

"Should I wait outside?"' Hakyeon said. He gently passed his hand by her cheek. 

"Yes"- she had forgotten how much Hakyeon knew her. The sudden touch made her smile.

The taxi left them on the front of Hanna's apartment. As soon as she setted foot on the pavement she felt a familiar feeling. She was in her country, after almost 6 months of intense traveling, she was in Korea. The smell of the air was so different. It smell sweet and spicy at the same time. She had learned that every country had it's own smell and Korea was definetly the best. 

"I'll wait here"- Hakyeon said all of a sudden, making her daydream pop- "Don't freak out. I know they'll understand"

"Auntie is an adult... I'm more worried about Hyukie"- she took her bags and went into the apartment building. The elevator ride was never so long, her heart started raising. She stood in front of the door for a few minutes. Hanna tried to remind herself that everything was, specially Hakyeon. But her own-reasurment was lacking, her hands started sweating. It was that difficult.

"... Omma, I'm worried, she hasn't called... I'm going to the airport!"- she heared from the other side of the door.

"Hyukie just let her be! She's gonna be here in no time..."- But Hyuk had already reached the door and opened it. Hanna was standing in the middle of the corridor.

"Noona!"- Hyuk threw himself onto her. He had grown so tall. He was already tall when he left to Japan, but now he was bigger. His shoulders were as broath as Taekwoon's, but he was taller.

"Hyukie... you are heavy!"- she tried to support his weight but it was too much.

"Noona... you are so cold"- he pouted. She smiled and hugged him.

"You are no longer my cute Hyuk"- Hanna felt like dying once again. Her heart almost stopped as she was now approaching the decisive time.

"Noona, come in. Omma made kimchi jiggae..."- he pulled the bags in and she followed him. He could smell it in all the apartment. Her family was back. She had missed that feeling for such a long time. Her aunt and her little brother... she missed them so much.

"Hanna..."- as soon as she heared her auntie's voice she cracked. The tears started flowing without a sound- "ahhh.... my little girl. Come to moma"- Hanna almost run to her and let her weight rest on her. 

"I... I'm sorry"- she cried- "I made a mess... I... did this"- Hanna couldn't breath- "It's all my fault... this is not the way you raised me"

"Hanna... what's going on?"- her voice had a hint of worry.

"I... found my soulmate"- Her aunt pushed her a bit to see her face. Hanna was trembling. She didn't want to see their expressions, but she knew that they were worried, specially after her break down.

"Calm down. I'll make us some tea and then you can tell me everything"- Hyuk took her to the living room and she was able to calm down a bit. But Hyuk was as freaked out as she espected- "Son, I want you to get out and leave me with her"

"Omma... I need to know. She's..."- he tried to say.

"I need to talk to her now"- her autorithy tone was the same as before. Hyuk knew he wouldn't make her change her mind.

"I... need him to know too"- Hanna said. She look into her aunt's eyes and convinced her silently. They sat down and after a few zips of tea Hanna made up her mind to speak-"Please let me say everything in one go. You can ask me averything you want afterwards"- they nodded- "Last year, on November..."- She resumed as much as she could.  Taekwoon who had already MinHee and her that had found Hakyeon. She tried as possible for them to understand that she really wanted to be with Hakyeon and that Taekwoon was not at fault. She explained the plans she had with Hakyeon and the way she had been living with the serum he had made. For their sake (and hers), she left out the painful details and focused on the main theme.

"Why... didn't you tell me?"- Hyuk said in disbelief.

"I didn't want to burden you"

"You found your soulmate and you thought you could hide it from us?"- Hyuk said with a grasp- "Why do you always think you are not important to us? I really... ahhh"- he got up and went to his room. Hanna knew he would react like that, but now she was waiting for her aunt.

"My girl... what can I say?"- she had been avoiding her gaze from the start- "I could never imagine you could go through something like this. I'm really sad about the fact that I wasn't there for you and that you have suffered over this alone. But, I admire you... I hope you can be happy in wich ever path you have chosen. I raised you well, and I know that you'll take your own decisions"- she was greatful about her aunt's response. She went to her and hugged her. Antie patted her in the back.

"Auntie... Hakyeon is outside"

"You brought him?!"- she was startled. Hanna had never done something so daring and she was equally nervous about her reaction. She didn't know if her aunt would accept Hakyeon and let him in the apartment- "Is he waiting outside? We should let him in inmediately!..."- Auntie was excited and run to the window to look outside- "He's tall... awww, very handsome. You have good eye"- Hanna was relieved- "Hanna, before we let him in... go and talk to Hyukie. He's way too young to understand but I know he'll come to his senses. You know why he's angry, don't you?"

"He's always been very possesive"

"Yes, but he's even more angry because he spected you to trust him. He's a kid, but so do you. He is hurted because he love's you"

"I... didn't want to interfere with his studies"

"You can say whatever you want, but for him, you are the most important"- her heart was heavy. She had always had that problem, she ddidn't want to brudent he people she loved, but ended up hurting them instead. She walked heavy steps to Hyuk's bedroom. The door was slightly opened, and she could see Hyuk lying in the bed by the gap. She knocked, but didn't wait for the answer. He stood in the same possition.

"Hyuk... you are very important to me"- but he didn't let her finished.

"It doesn't seem so... Since I left to Japan, you hadn't called me once. It's always me"- he wasn't even looking at her- "I... always call Hongbin-hyung to get news from him. I feel closer to him than to you... you built a wall between us since we were young and... I hadn't been able to tear it down. What should I do for you to see me as someone important?"

"Hyukie... It's not a wall. It's different between Hongbin and I..."

"Because you made it that way"

"No!"- she raised her voice- "It's because I am your noona. I didn't want you to be disapointed in me. I wanted to have a cool image and... to be your roll model. I wanted to show you my strong sides, I always showed you how to do well on your studies and how to play well. I wanted Hyukie to grow up nicely and to experience all the things he dreams of, and I wanted to be the noona that deserves to see that. It's different with Hongbin... to him I can be weak and show my ugly sides, I don't have any responsability with him"- Hyuk rolled his body and faced the other way. She put her hand in his head and patted constantly- "Hyukie you are... my little brother. I love you so much. It's not that I didn't think about you with all of this happening to me... Is that I was so embarassed to have failed... you"

"Noona... are you hurt?"-he suddenly asked. Hanna's eyes widden. He waited a few seconds but Hanna wasn't able to answer- "Since we were young you took care of me. I remember, every time we were together. I always saw everything going on in your head. Even when you thought I didn't. I was always watching you..."

"That's why! You were always with me. I was the older one. I had to protect you"

"I learned to protect myself too! All I want is for you to lean on me. I'm not a kid anymore"

"I know"

"And yet you...."- he grasped and threw a kick on the bed. She felt bad to see how much affected him. She always knew he had those feelings inside, but for her, he was the only person she needed to protect. Always.  

"Hyuk... This is my fault..."- Hyuk sat inmediately and grabbed her wrist.

"Not again... Not everything is on your shoulders!"- he said and pulled her in his arms- "I'm inmature and silly, you are a mess too. But not everything is your fault. I'm not dissapointed, I feel angry because I'm so impotent. I really hate myself because I knew that even though you had told me earlier, I couldn't have done nothing more than watch from afar... "-she put her arms around him- "Does it hurt?"

"Yes"- she said sincerly- "I don't want to live like this... It hurts too much"- the tears started pilling up.

"He's gonna help you... the hyung that's been waiting outside. Doesn't he?"- she nodded- "Are we going to meet the other guy?"- she nodded again- "I might punch him"- she remembered the fight between Hakyeon and Taekwoon and her body shivered- "You wouldn't like that..."

"I hope everything goes well, for him and for me too"- she said- "He's not a bad guy, he loves the girl too much. He's hard working and he's gentle..."

"You love him?"- She had never spoken like that with Hyuk, but it felt natural. She didn't feel rushed or pressured to answer, it was like having a conversation with herself.

"Yes"- she sighed- "but Hakyeon..."

"He's important too"- Hyuk hugged tigher. She felt like a ton of weight was lift from her shoulders. She had finally said it outloud.

"Thank you"

"I'm always gonna be here for you Noona... I hope everything goes your way and... I need to meet the guy of course"

"I'll bring him up"- she said- "Please don't be too hard on him"

"I'll be as noisy as I can"- he showed his rascal expression. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Ahhh... I brought the bagette!"- she said running to the living room. When she got there her aunt and Hakyeon were already having some tea.

"I like him"- Auntie said- "You can keep him"- Hanna smiled just by looking at him- "You can really keep him. He makes you happy"

________________________________________________

Taekwoon was at home. He was in his old room, with his old stuff. He looked around. Everything was in the same spot he had left it. Nothing had changed, yet everything did. He wasn't as cold as before, but he couldn't stop trembling.

"Oppa"- he heard Jiae called from the outside- "Omma prepared dinner"

"I'm not hungry"- he answered. Jiae came in.

"Oppa... are you loosing weight? I think you are loosing too much"

"I'm just not hungry"

"Oppa... are you ok?"- she tried to approached him but he took several steps out of her reach- "What happened? Did you had a fight with MinHee?"

"Jiae... just let me sleep for a bit. I'm tired"- he was indeed. He couldn't move as before, and the long flight had made him weakened.

"Oppa... can I ask you something else?"- she said. He looked to her face, she was always very tough but something in her eyes made him worried- "Hongbin... and I. We just want to know..."

"Hanna is coming tomorrow. I bought the ticket"- he said- "She... is coming to the wedding"

"Thank you"- she said- "Hanna is special for us. Hongbin was very worried about her. She wasn't looking good"

"I know"

"I'll leave you to rest"- she got out and Taekwoon layed in his bed. MinHee was at her home, his mother disliked her. She didn't like the relationship and she was very clear about it. MinHee had never been at home. 

He started unpacking. It took more than 30 minutes to unpack everything and in the end he was exhausted. He panthed and had cold sweat rolling down his back. 

"Was it this difficult for you?"- he layed in his bed and panthed for 5 minutes. He looked to the roof and sighed- "What should I do?"

He walked to the bathroom and let the water run. While he was undressing he noticed his ribs sticked to his skin. He was always very slim, but this was riddiculous. He massaged his right side, it was a habit he had developed after it had hurted so much. He took a long warm bath. He needed it after a 12 hour flight. His muscled hurted, but not as badly as two days ago. The inyections hurted, but it was way better than being unable to move. The last three days were hell on earth. From the minute Hanna walked away with the doctor, his vessels started hurting and the cold spread in his body.

As soon as he got out he jumped into his pajamas and then he sat in his bed. It had been a while since he was alone. The tour was fun and it kept him bussy, but he didn't have time for anything else. It had been more than six months since he played his guitar. The notes flowed naturally, even when he hadn't touched an instrument in so long. He loved music, he loved it with all his heart. Music was the thing that made him feel alive. He kept playing the gitar for a long time, he felt his heart fluttered. He smiled after he left the guitar next to his bed.

He layed his head in the pillow, his thoughts were clearer. As always, music was the answer. His eyes felt heavy and he decided to sleep.

He started to dream. It was a empty white space, almost infinite. He started walking nothing changed much, untill two shadows started appearing on front of him. He kept walking untill the forms became clear. Hanna and MinHee standing in front of him. MinHee was wearing her favorite dress, the one he bought the first time he went on tour to Shanghai when he was 19. He remembered the way she smiled when he brought the present back. She was so happy to wear it for him... he was happy as well.  Hanna was wearing the a worned out gray t-shirt, baggy jeans and the apron. exactly like the first time he saw her in the restaurant. MinHee walked to him while Hanna stood estatic.

"Baby. What took you so long?"- she asked grabbing his shirt collar and arranging it-" We're going to be late to your sister's wedding"- he looked to his side. Hanna was still there looking at him.

"I have to take Hanna too"- he said without thinking- "My sister is waiting..."

"You know it hurts? When you speak to her... it hurts me"

"I'm sorry... I don't want to hurt you"

"Can we get back to how it was before? We always faced everything together. It was umbreakable... our love"

"I know. We are still..."

"How can I believe you... even now, you keep looking at her"- he realized it was true. He hadn't stopped looking at Hanna. He was waiting for something, for some sort of reaction out of her. But Hanna didn't move, didn't even blinked.

"Just a second..."- he said to MinHee and left her to walk to Hanna- "Aren't you gonna say anything to me?"- Hanna looked at him, her lips parted a bit as if she was about to say something, but restrained herself. He had seen it so many times already. She wanted to say something but restricted herself- "Just say it"

"Are you ok?"- she whispered.

"What?"

"You look so thin, so pale..."- she softly touched his face- "Does it hurt?"- her hand send a warm wave through his body.

"It does"- he said closing her eyes- "Why did you leave?"- she opened her eyes. Finally, some reaction.

"I..."- she said and avoided his eyes. She walked two steps out of his reach- "I want you to be happy. But I got greedy... I want to be happy too"

"So, you are leaving?"

"It's the best thing I can do"

"We can find another way..."

"It hurts"- she said- "It hurts so much... you've felt it? The intense cold... I can't... handle it anymore. It hurts but... He makes it go away"- He tried to reach to her, but she took another two steps away- "You'll be with MinHee, and I'll be with him. We'll be fine"- and she smiled -"We can be happy"

"I don't want to be without you..."- but Hanna walked back again. He couldn't move, he couldn't speak either. He could just stay there and watched how she steped away.

He woke up with Jiae's touch. He was drenched in cold sweat.

"Oppa...Are you ok?"- Jiae was pale. He shouldn't look fine. His whole body hurted, he was so cold his fingertips were almost purple- "What's going on?"

"Call Daejung"- he managed to say. Jiae obeyed and went looking for the phone. Taekwoon kept trembling in his bed. He didn't have enough strenght to get up. Jiae talked to the manager and he assured her he'll be there in no time.

"Oppa... please... tell me what's wrong"- she sat next to him and put his head on her lap.

"I need her"- he said lowly and turned for Jiae to hug him. She hugged him- "I don't want to be without her..."

"I'll call MinHee..."

"Hanna..."

__________________________________________________

 

Thanks to all the new subscribers. I hope you get to comment and to share your thoughts with me, I really apreciate it. I also want to thank the people that stood through the long hiatus. :D.

I hope to end the story in less than 5 chapters (including this) and I'm planning to start another one. Thanks for all the love you've been sending to this one and I hope you support the next one.