The airport incident

This big world

It was 4:45 when they reached the airport. The airport was packed, half by travelers half by fangirls that were almost hangging to the railings on the second floor. The signs they were holding said different things, from "Leo marry me" to "I'm your soulmate". Hanna was disconcerted.

"This always happens"- said Jiae- "You are going to have to get use to it... Hong Kong it's going to be worse"- They were being pushed by people so they couldn't stay near the door. They decided to move to the second floor and wait for the call. Hongbin drag her two big heavy bags. They found a table in a restaurant and decided to eat something as they had skipped lunch.  She was nervous, she couldn't deny it. The idea of leaving Korea was very hard to digest.

After lunch they waited and waited. It was finally 5:30 when a bunch of girls started screaming and it spread to the hole building like fire. Hanna got up and got near the railing that showed the first floor. She could see from the top the wave of people trying to get near the tall figure that walked only with the help of security officers from the airport. Hanna noticed that MinHee was nowhere to be seen. Her cellphone rang a few minutes later.

"Hello?"

"Hi, can you come to the V.I.P entrance?"- said the Go-ssi, Taekwoon's manager. She had talked to him the night before to comfirm her personal information and the hour of the flight.

"Yes, I'll be there in 5 minutes"- They took the bags and went back to the first floor. The fans started to leave already. They moved slowly through the people but were able to reach the V.I.P entrance. The security guard let them in without asking questions. The V.I.P waiting room was big and comfortable, but there was a lot of people rumbling from one side to other, others sitting in the corners and on the floor. People reviewing lists and talking to each other. It was caotic.

"How many bags do you have?"-asked one of the staff members.

"Two..."- he took them and dispeared from one of the lateral doors. She held her handback a little stronger.

"Where is my brother?"-asked Jiae to one of the girls sitting in the floor. 

"He's in the right room"- she said pointing to the side door. 

"I need a word with him before you leave"- said Hongbin. Hanna took him by his sweater.

"Don't..."- she tried to say but Hongbin looked at her with harden expression. He was way too serious for his usual self. She shut silent and followed him to room next door. It was calmed, just Taekwoon and his manager on it. 

"... you came"- said Taekwoon in his usual soft voice and got up. She vowed to him and to his manager.

"I need to speak to you"- Hongbin looking straight in his eyes. Taekwoon nodded. The two girls stood besides- "I'm warning you. If you... hurt her, I'll kill you"- he was very serious. Taekwoon knew it in his gut, he wasn't joking.

"I won't"- he said. Hongbin and Taekwoon stared at each other for what appeared a long time, without saying a word, untill someone opened the door.

"We have to go through inmigration, please grab you things and come with me"- he said. It was finally the time. Hanna's mouth went dry. Hongbin finally looked at her.

"Binnie... Please keep my paintings alive... don't forget to do homework and don't sleep in appreciation class. God knows you need it"- she talked with her head down- "take care of yourself and Jiae... and please... call me"- Hongbin pulled her into his arms and she was about to do it too. Taekwoon's reaction was to stop her movements.

"Let's go."- he pulled her by the arm, but she shook him and went to Hongbin. She hugged him tightly and without looking back she ran through the door. Taekwoon followed but made her stop before entering inmigrations.

"Wait..."- he made her face him, she inmediately hid her face in her sleeve. She couldn't fight the tears- "I..."- his heart shrank when he saw tears falling from the angle of her jaw.

"I'm ok... can you?... I'm cold"- she said. He understood and took her free hand. It was already 6 in the afternoon so they had been apart for more than 33 hours, their vessels started to get empty, he was cold too.- "thanks... I'm sorry, it's just that... I love him"- Taekwoon squeezed her hand. That statement... he felt a sting in his heart, but in that moment he felt how someone pushed her apart forcifly and she felt backwards. He looked around and found MinHee breathing harshly.

"What were you...?"- he hugged her instinctibly.

"I needed to refill my vessels, I don't want to pass out on the flight"- he said caressing her head. He looked over her and saw Hanna getting up, the tears were still running through her face, but he saw in her face the frozen feeling she had when MinHee pushed her. Hanna was surprised, but more than other thing, she was reminded of that night in the restaurant. She was reminded that he would never held her hand with pure feelings. This was a business transaction, as she had suggested. She cleaned her clothes and turned to the line of people staring at them.

"It's ok"- she said smiling- "... who's got my ticket?"- Taekwoon's manager grabbed her wrist and pulled her from the view of people, form Taekwoon's and MinHee's view.

"You ok?"- she cleaned her tears and nodded. 

"I just have to get used to it"- she knew the expression... pity. She had to get used to that too. He hand her the ticket.

"We've informed you are a staff member so the company is going to pay you a salary and expenses"

"I can't accept money if I'm not doing anything..."

"He said you'll refuse so he gave you a job... you're gonna be translating for him"- he said- "The staff was informed that you'll be a V.I.P staff. You'll be traveling and staying in the same places as Taekwoon. He has different schedules, so you're going to be briefed on it. Every day we will have 10 to 15 minutes for refilling the vessels and after that if you have no schedules together you are free to do whatever you want. As soon as we arrive to Hong Kong we are going to go directly to the hotel and then leave for a radio station. We need you over there, so try to sleep during the flight..."- he couldn't keep on going. She was silently crying. Go Dae Jung, Taekwoon's manager was about 6 years older than Hanna. He had a soulmate of course, and she was one of the staff members. He loved her deeply and now more than ever. She was pregnant. That was why, he couldn't keep talking while seeing Hanna so broken. He remembered what happened 10 minutes later in the waiting room, when Hongbin was threatening Taekwoon, and felt a shiver in his back. If Hongbin had seen the situation Taekwoon would be death by now. He didn't want to be involved with the terrible mess, but those events... his feelings where compromissed. Right there he determined he will be looking over her, he couldn't overlook it anymore- "I'll bring a glass of water... sit down"- she obeyed, she hadn't noticed it, but she kept trembeling. 

"I'm sorry"- she said accepting the glass- "I'll control it..."

"You can't... this is going to happen often, so just feel free to cry it out"- Dae Jung's voice was comforting- "MinHee... she's really jelous. She had been having panic attacks since Taekwoon found you... This you must understand: he's never going first to you. MinHee will always be first"

"I know"

"No, you don't. Not yet. You'll know when this kind of things won't affect you..."

"So I'll never know..."- her clear eyes reflected the pain in her heart- "... It's cold"

"We have to go now... Just relax. It's going to be a long flight". 

Going through inmigrations, the first stamp in her passport, the walk to the gate, they were all new experiences for her. But she was too numb to feel excitement. She boarded the plane and walk to the back of the plane, passing through the business seats where Taekwoon sat. She didn't even looked at him, she knew he wouldn't be looking at her either. She slept throught the hole flight.