Backstage

This big world

Taekwoon went directly to his room. He had been avoiding thinking about the situation. He wanted to keep it like that, like a numb feverish dream.

From the beginning when he felt the pain in his right side, he knew his life was turning apart. The girl that kindly smiled at them and directed them to the table in the restaurant he and Minhee were supposed to meet her sister and his boyfriend, she was the one. As he saw the girl lose conciousness the only reaction he could think of, was scaping. even with the sharp pain in his right side. He had been waiting for it to happen, he knew it was almost time he ran into her soulmate, maybe in a corner or maybe in one of his concerts he'll feel it. But he wasn't prepared to face it. Not yet. After he ran he noticed MinHee's tears rolling silently. He stopped and cleaned then, he kissed her and reasured nothing would change. He'll still love her beyond anything. 

He was afraid, he didn't want to meet the girl... his soulmate. But then his sister came and dragged him to the fornt of the restaurant. He fought back as much as he could not wanting to hurt his sister, but in the end, he was there. In front of the girl. His heart ache. Without aparent reason, he felt the pain that girl was suffering the moment he saw her eyes. 

"We have to keep each other alive, don't we? It's for the sake of the people you do love"- Those words resonated in his soul. Keep each other alive? was that everything it had to happen? It's true, they really didn't have to keep a relationship. Just keep each other alive. He saw MinHee off kissing her and calming her as much as he could and followed the girl into the restaurant.

"It's ok, I'm used to be alone. It doesn't matter. Maybe it's destiny in reallity. You might be the only person in earth that is in love with someone who is not your soulmate. And I'm the only one on earth that doesn't care either. I don't know you, you don't know me. Let's keep it that way"- Maybe she was right. They were soulmates afterall. She had the same thoughts as him. It was perfect. He coldly dismissed her with the promise of meeting in a caffe the day after.

That night he and Dae Jung redacted the confidenciality contract. Without second thoughts Taekwoon knew that, that girl was fiting for him.

Things started changing as they began seeing each other. Even for a few minutes a day, sitting across each other made him at ease. She was almost always silent, even cold towards him. But he could notice sudden changes in her mood. When a dog or a kid passed by the street, when the waiter refilled the late she always drank, and sometimes, when she observed him. He could fell her gaze.

He started to get curious. What did she do? Probably some kind of artist as the first day he saw a sketchbook under the table. Her hands were almost always dirtied by oil paints or graphite, but she had long beautiful fingers. Maybe she played piano or some sort of instrument.

The last coffee meeting, he saw her running to get to the coffe shop. She was so rushed she wasn't looking straight to the fornt. He could only stop her from running into a tall man. While holding her he saw, for the first time, the beautiful smile in her face. His heart warmed, it wasn't just the touch of her skin. Seeing her that close, he noticed she was a rare beauty. She was probably not completely korean. She had a slight tan, honey eyes and pouty lips. But then he noticed too, her complexion was different than the other days. Her eyes were swollen... had she been crying? He couldn't stop his tongue before asking her what was wrong.

"I haven't been able to sleep much"- she looked exhausted. Maybe too much. Was she doing well in her studies? Maybe she needed help. He shook the thoughts away and went back to business. The contract, work, focus. She had forgotten it at home.... great. Jiae had told him about her financial situation. That's why she had been working on that restaurant the day they met. Jiae had also told him she had a part time in a coffe shop. So that's how she lived, from college to work and back. Did she had enough money to continue after the tour? Did he had to help her with it? Maybe a job....

"I speak english, japanese and chinese"- Perfect! She can be the translator we've been looking for... He can talk to Dae Jung and make sure it happend. She can work while on tour and maybe have some money saved from when they returned. She can continue her studies and then they'll figure out how to keep on going...

"Do you love what you do?"- Her question made him return to reality. Yes, he loved what he did. He loved it so much. He had been singing since he had memories. His mother loved it when he sang so he got used to seeing her smiling at it. He loved that people liked his voice and his music. He loved the fans, but more than anything he loved MinHee's face when she knew that those songs where for her.

"I think I would die if I can't draw everyday. I was worried that once I found my soulmate I had to stop. Marry, have kids and work on a comfortable 9 to 5 schedule... that kind of live isn't for me. I guess you can't either..."- Her eyes. Her honey colored eyes in the sunlight became even more beautiful. Did she want to have kids? Maybe two or three... she loved dogs for sure. A big apartment... or maybe a house in the suburbs. She didn't seemed to be interested on a busy trending lifestyle. She seemed more like a country calm lifestyled girl. Should we live together after returning to Seoul?.... Stop!!! He left there without another word.

After getting home that day he made himself forget all those thoughts. MinHee was lying on the sofa watching a repetition of Music Bank.

"Where were you? You've been disappearing this days... are you seeing her?"- He nodded. He knew he couldn't lie, not to her. She had been with him since forever, she would know.  

He met her when they were kids, a cold day of winter just like this one. He had noticed her in the classroom next door. While he was practicing his piano, the sound of her violin came through the walls. He loved that sound. It was amazing, she was so accurate. He learned how to played the piano to accompany his singing, but she, she was so good she might want to get to a conservatory. He saw her in the corners of the school, but never had the guts to talk to her.

It was around their second year in the academy of music when they were asign for a duet in the academy's anual presentation. They stared spending time together and he started to fall in love. She was a lively young girl, same age as him, and had a dream, just like him. Her expression when she was playing the violin made him feel like she understood completely, she understood what he felt when he sang. It was a bond beyond anything.

Taekwoon still remembers the first time they played Mendelssonhn double concerto for violin, piano and string orchesta in D minor. His hands shook just from the memory. From the beginning of the first movement, their synchronization was amazing. Even the professors where amazed. 41 minutes of pure joy, he could still feel the piano keys in the tips of his fingers. 

As time went by, they became very close, almost inseparable. They went to the same highschool, to the same academy and they lived close enough to take the same bus home. She grew beautifully and Taekwoon was only able to admire her from afar, even when both of them developed feelings. He was already in love by that time. Without a doubt, the best moments of his life were at MinHee's side. But then, that accident occurred.

It was the summer of their second year in highschool. They were, as always, walking to the muscial academy after a difficult day at school. It was a special hot summer, the sunlight was overwhelming and made the roads emanate heat. Days like that he would've prefered to take the bus, but MinHee was fond of walking, and he was very fond of MinHee.

The music academy was just a few blocks away, but something caught his eye from afar. He saw in slow motion how some stupid guy that was talking through the phone released his dog's leash without noticing. The dog crossed the street, and Taekwoon, without thinking, ran to catch him. Everything passed too quickly. He took the dog, and then was pushed aside strongly. Seconds later MinHee was laying on the floor. The bloody pavement heated by the sun, he can never forget.

That day MinHee's and Taekwoon's lifes changed forever.

The car hit her right side, she broke her arm in four places and damaged the nerves in her hands too critically, surgery only made her regain mobility in a certain porcentage. Even when her life was not in danger, she could never play the violin again. Taekwoon felt like he was the one runned over. The hour they spent from the moment of the accident to the moment they were allowed to see her, was Taekwoon's worst memory.

"I didn't want to loose you"- she said smiling- "Now I can just see you play and sing. I can be happy like that"- he cried his eyes out next to her. He promised he would never let go of that hand that squeezed his.

She sacrificed her dream for him. She loved him that much. He had to remember that, every day, every moment he was with Hanna. Every time he doubted, he had to remember. MinHee had given everything for him. She loved him that much.

_____________________

Thanks to the subscribers :D. Everytime I see someone subscribes it makes me smile widely.... Does this means you like my story? 

It gaves me encouragement to keep writing. Thank you for subscribing!! (Again).