Stranger

This big world

Sweden was even colder than Hong Kong. The flight was long and uncomfortable for Hanna. She had never been that much time on a plane. They arrived early in the morning and the cold of the night hadn't faded.

"Are you ok?"- Dae Jung asked. This time the airport ruckus was manageable. The Sweden fans were much more calm and even when they did scream and tried touching Taekwoon, there were not enough of them to transpass security.

But even when the pass through the airport was easier, she felt sicker and sicker. She was pale, she looked like about to pass out even when sitting in the van and the staff where finally catching up with her situation.

"Yeah, I'm fine oppa... it just that it's really cold and the cold isn't gone yet"- she was trembling. Actually the past few days she had been like that. She was getting used to being cold, but her physical . Dae Jung passed her a hotpack to hold in her hands.

"You'll ride this van with Jin Hwan and Seung Yoon"- he said- "I'll be in the other one with Taekwoon, MinHee, HiSung and Tae Hee. We'll see each other in the hotel"

"I know oppa. Thank you"- she sat in the front seat next to Jin Hwan. 

"Jin Hwanie... Does Leo have any schedules today?"- she asked.

"Yes, we have a photoshoot in the afternoon so we have to get to the hotel and leave inmediately"- he took his coat off and wraped her in it- "You have to eat something too... You haven't eaten anything since we left Hong Kong"

"Yes... I'll eat something"- she was more deprived not of food, but of the warm of Taekwoon's hands. It had been more than 24 hours since the last refill and she was surely feeling it. Was he not? During the flight she had been thinking about it. Why was that happening? How can she be so sick and he was normal? She hadn't spoken to him in pure fear, she didn't want to alarm him nor to bother him. He was already busy and tired enough without giving him something else to think about. The pain was nothing she couldn't hold. 

She had learnt the diligent life of the staff and the singer. The schedules were tight and during the Hong Kong tour, she was the only one to get lots of free time. The other staff had to organize and see everything was planned to keep on going the next day. They hardly slept, and she felt bad about not helping enough for them to feel relieved. She was just the translator, she couldn't help with anything else.

The hole city was white coat dressed, but the buildings looked beautiful. She could only admire the architecture around. Even the frozen trees looked acordingly. If she had the opportunity she wanted to paint the view, and she would as soon as she had some free time.

The hotel was a little building in midtown. It was modern and it contrasted with the mid century architecture of the block, but it didn't look bad at all. It was little and cozy, it was very minimalistic, it had a chic and modern air to it. 

"Your room is in the third floor..."- Dae Jung handed the key to Hanna. The staff was directing to the elevator to get some rest- "Take a bath and unpack. I want you in the hotel's restaurant in half an hour. You have to eat so don't take to much time"- she knew Dae Jung was preocupaid by her demenaour the last few days, he had been observing her more than usual.

The hotel room was a lot smaller than Hong Kong's but she liked it better. It reminded her of her apartment on Seoul. She was tired, but aware that it was a race against time. They'll be leaving to Hamburg in just three days, and the schedules were tighter. Would she been able to do it?.

She started unpacking. She had lot's of things on her baggage, but the only thing she needed were her sketchbook and pencil. Hong Kong's drawings were already on their way home. She had send them to Hongbin to store in her apartment. She only carried the most important ones... and her daily assignment.

After having a quick shower, and got her tiredness washed away. She walked out her room with her backpack and the scketchbook in her hand, and hoped in the elevator. She was startled to see a handsome stranger who was also on it, she smiled politely and vowed. From what she could see, The suit he was wearing looked like it was made for him to wear. She wasn't of those women that stared to much at men, but that man... from just seeing his eyes, she was interested in him.

"Are you enjoying Stockholm?"- he broke the silence in the elevator. He spoke in an excellent english.

"Ohhh... well, I've just arrived. I've been here for less than an hour"- she said blushing. His eyes were trying to find hers, but she was too shy to look at him straight. She wasn't used to talk to strangers, but she knew european culture was different than korean's- "It's very cold outside"

"It is. Have you eaten?"- this time he spoke in a perfect korean. She wasn't expecting him to be korean, his features were not like any other korean. But most importantly... Was he flirting with her? She was taken aback and as soon as the door opened she almost ran out vowing almost 90 degrees before going to the restaurant where Dae Jung was probably waiting for her. She was embarassed by her encounter with the handsome korean stranger in the elevator, so she just walked without looking back. That man... it was like she had seen him somewhere before, but she couldn't figure were... or why.

"Ohh Hanna! Over here!"- Dae Jung waved from the corner table. He was not alone, Taekwoon was at his side- "I've already ordered. I hope you like what I chose"- her stomach was upset again, but she knew the reason those two were there. They wanted to see her eating, they wanted to know if she was ok. The food arrived and she plucked up corage and ate, as naturally as she could.

"Do you feel better?"- Taekwoon asked.

"Yes. The medicine has helped"- she avoided his eyes. 

"Today we have the photoshoot and an interview at night... and tomorrow we'll be having the concert and the fan meeting, so you'll have to be on it all day long. You'll need energy, so eat up"- Dae Jung's eyes were examining her the hole time, trying to find something wrong. She finished the meal and stayed in her place. She felt like her stomach would explode in no time.

"It's too cold outside... make sure you take a good coat"- he got up and Dae Jung followed- "We need you in good health"

"Yes"- she took her stuff and went right behind them.

They got into a van and starting going to the photoshoot location. Hanna looked out the window, trying to get as much of the city as she could just for passing by. One thing she was sure about, she didn't regret taking the time out of school. The experiences she had lived were amazing, she wanted to know to feel more. It is true that the world is a book and the people that don't travel just gets to see one page. The van moved fast but she could see some parks and plazas that she'll draw later on, when she has free time.

It had been over a month and a half since their first meeting, and Taekwoon knew her by now. He was aware that Hanna's health wasn't like the first time they met, there was something weird going on and she was hidding it. She had dark circles under her eyes and her usual overwhelming energy was decimated.  He could feel she had problems just to keep awake, and her body movements had a heavy and stiff air. But every time he could see her smiling like that, he felt something melting inside him.

"Are you tired?"- he wasn't looking directly at her, so she felt like the question was for another person- "Hanna...?"- he had never said her name outloud. She looked down and a little smile took her lips, she scold herself silently.

"No... It's just that it was a long flight"- she nervously bit her lower lip and turned her body even more to the window so he couldn't see how much that single word had affected her. His every movement affected her. After the day he stayed, taking care of her, when she was sick, she could feel his hand in her hair. The sweet and warm touch hadn't fade. It had been just two days since, but now, she couldn't hide her feelings as well as before.

They got to the photoshoot studio and she knew people would start to almos fly around getting things done. She could only help with various insingnificant stuff, but tried to to as much as she could. For the moment the photoshoot started, she was already sitting in a comfortable couch close enough to see the process. Dae Jung got her the script for that night's interview and she started translating it into korean. From time to time, she could steal some glances of Taekwoon working.

She had sum up all the time they had been together. She had already figured him out... He was a serious person, without a doubt. But he was warm too. He was a very responsable, hardworking, determined person that put work above everything else. He took a lot of care of his staff, almost as much as they took care of him. He is no fasionista, but everything he wears suits him amaizingly well. He prefers clean colors than bright ones, it feels more comfortable for him to wear them.  She knew he didn't like looking directly to the lens of the camera when there was a photoshoot, and almost always posed with his eyes looking somewhere far away. But on the moments the photographer asked him for a close up, he'd force himself to do it well. He knew also his good points and was able to create good angles with his well defined body. Also, a sporadic dessert with his americano in the afternoon was almost always appreciated, specially when they had a long day of schedules just like that one.  

The photoshoot took over 5 hours, but he looked dashing. She had been in a lot of those, but that day's concept suited her taste a lot. He was wearing a blue suit and a light coat on top, very manly and winter like. The photographer wanted to capture the chic side of him, and well, it wasn't difficult as he was nothing but chic.

"Hanna-yah... I hate asking this fom you but all the staff is really busy"- Dae Jung approched her. He had a list in his hands- "We suddenly are out of coffe and people are starting to have a caffeine drain... can you go to the shop next door and ask for this?"- she nodded. She was actually about to ask Dae Jung if she could help with anything. -" Here's the company's card"- she went out the studio. The studio was located in one of the active areas of Stockholm. There was lots of people in the street eve when it was snowing heavily, people didn't stop their activities.

She went in the coffe shop and purchased a large amount of coffee, and Taekwoon's dessert. She took her time picking it, just for him. When she was leaving the store, people stared at her with two big boxes of cups in each hand, and the dessert on top of one of the boxes. She didn't have any strenght left to push the door so she could get out. But suddenly someone took away one of the boxes and opened the door for her. She looked up and saw the handsome stranger she had seen in the hotel's elevator that morning smiling warmly at her.

"Ohh... what a coincidence. Do you need help? You seem like you do... how about I carry this and you help me with the door?"- this time she could see him directly, eye to eye. He was very good looking and his eye smile was adorable. 

"Ohhh.. yes please"- she replied. He took the boxes and she opened the door. 

"Where are you going with these? You're gonna have a caffeine overdose if you drink them all"

"Ohh... we are having a photograph session"- she explained- "I'm doing an errand"

"So are you part of the staff? What do you do?"

"... I'm a translator"-  Even when they just met, she felt like he wanted him to keep asking, she didn't feel uncomfortable or thought he was just being a busybody.

"Ohh... sorry for asking it's just that It's been a while since I've seen a korean in Stockholm... I'm just trying to make a new friend..."

"There's no problem... ahhh this is it. I can carry everything from here on"- she started taking the boxes, but he looked troubled.

"Don't you want me to go with you.. I can help you in..."

"Ohhh I don't want to take any more of your time... it was kind enough of you to help till here"

"It's no trouble, I'll go in and out I swear"- he rised his left pinky and made a signal of promise- "then I'll disappear"

"Mmmm..."- she wouldn't even consider it... if she wasn't so interested in him- "ok"-She let him in the studio. He looked the assembly in amazeness. He was putting the boxes in the table when Dae Jung approched.

"Ohhhh I'm sorry, I should've known you couldn't carry everything on your own... Thank you so much for helping her"

"Ohhh It's nothing really. I'm just going to go"- he said.

"You... I mean... thank you"- she was nervous almost without word. He smiled widely again. 

"I hope to see you around!"- he said waving back at her. She nodded.

After that, things went as normal. The same people rushing to get things done, the same photographer shooting without rest, and the same Taekwoon looking at the camera a bit awkwardly and ashamed. The photoshoot ended just a few hours later but in all that time she couldn't shake that guy out of her mind. Even when she was really busy translating the interview for that night and the scripts for the fan meetings, the image of that man stayed in her mind. She felt like she had met him before, maybe in Seoul... but the memory never came to mind. That person, he was definetly someone notable. There was something about him that draw Hanna's curiousity.

After a long day, Hanna's body was giving up. She just wanted to get to her bed and get some rest, but her mind was still busy with thoughts about that handsome stranger. Maybe, she would meet him in the hotel... after all he was staying in the same hotel as her... What was she thinking? It was past 3 a.m. He should be in his room, sleeping tightly.

"What are you thinking about?"- Taekwoon interrupted her toughts. He noticed she had been spacing out since the photoshoot- "You were distracted over the interview"

"Oh... sorry... I'm worned out"- she said. He extended his hand and cheked her temperature.

"You're cold again"

"Can we hold hands? Maybe I need to refill my vessels"- he took her hand carefully. It was pleasent, her tired body appreciated a lot. After some minutes she fell a sleep.

________________________

After another hectic day, the third day in Stockholm finally came. She was happy they, at last, had a day off, so she could wander around without any worries. It was indeed a cold day, but the sun was up and clouds weren't too thick so some sunbeams reached ground.

Stockholm was breathtaking. Maybe it was the lovable clasical european mid century architecture or the smell of pastries and cheese all over the streets, but Hanna felt she was in another world. People were so different. Of course, they were taller than her and blond, white skinned, clear colored eyed. They walked by with their heavy coats and scarfs trying to keep the cold away, the piles of snow in the streets that covered the park benches and the streets, kids running in the school yard and having snowball fights. She tried to walk everywhere, from the riverside to the east side and visit every museum she saw on her way.

The sun was setting down when she found a little cafe to draw the plaza outside. European coffee was different than Asian. It was a bit stronger, but she liked it. She was one of those people that sees new experiences with a bright heart, and almost always enjoyed it. She sat in the little table and took out the sketchbook. This was it, the thing she liked the most in the world. Drawing had made her heart settle since she was little. 

When her parents died, she was too little to understand. She was about 6 years old. The person she called aunt was not her real aunt. Her parents didn't have any living family remaining. She was her mother's best friend, she had raised her along with her son, Hyuk, and gave her everything she needed to grow up well. She loved Hanna as her own kid. She and Hyuk had the bests schools, learned languages and music and were always the bests on their classes, but she had a void in her heart. Even though they loved her as family, she knew something was missing.

For her 15 birthday her aunt surprised her with a beautiful painting. It was a house, in the countryside. It was night in the picture, but one of the lights in the house was on. She didn't know why, but she started crying the moment she saw it. Her aunt said that painting was done by her father, the night she was born. She learned her father was an artist and her mother was a musician. From that moment on, she knew what she had to do for a living. That picture, the way it moved her. She wanted to be able to imprint her feelings, her memories in something, and someday, maybe, someone could feel her feelings on it.

When she ended her sketch she noticed she was already the last customer in the caffe. The employees were already cleaning the floor to close, so she greeted and without time to pack her sketchbook, went out. It was past 10 at night but people was still wandering around, actually there was even more people in the streets than in the afternoon. 

"Ohh... a festival"- she said looking to a sign hanged in front of her head.

"Yeah... it's a food festival. Have you eaten yet?"

"I had lunch but nothing since"- she automaticly answered. It took several seconds for her to realize someone was really talking to her from her back. She turned slowly to find the handsome elevator- coffee shop stranger - "Ohh... Anyonghaseyo"

"Anyonghaseyo"- he smiled again, just like in the elevator, just like in the coffe shop. She was dazzled, he was very handsome... almost as handsome as Taekwoon- "Did I scared you again?"- she noticed she wasn't managing her expression. She had a wide open mouth and her eyes were examining him from head to toe. She shook her head to stop herself. He laughed- "We keep meeting... though it's nice."

"Yes, it is"

"I'm Cha Hakyeon."- he vowed.

"Ohh... I'm... Kwon Hanna. Nice to meet you"- he laughed again, her reactions were way to slow. She was just processing how was it possible to meet a person three times in a row randomly, in a huge city like that. But what took her off guard was how he looked that day, almost like an idol... just in casual wear... well it was a sight to see. A sudden strong wind started blowing and her frozen hands realeased the sketchbook she was grabbing. The papers started flying away.

"Ohh!!"- he exclaimed and started jumping to get the papers before they touched the snow. She did the same, but he was way more effective than her- "I think I saved most of them..."- the others fell and started soaking the wetness.

"It doesn't matter... they're just sketches"- she said picking those up- "I can just redo them"

"You are an artist? Wow... they're really good"- he said admiring her lastest of the plaza- "Ahhh this is Stortoget... you drew it nicely. I've always liked that plaza."

"Thank you"- in that moment she realized the rest of the drawings were only Taekwoon's. She jumped and tried to take away the papers, but he was way too tall and her reaction made him even more curious.

"Wait... you can't"- but his eyes were fixed on those drawings. For a moment, he lost his smile.

"Is he your soulmate?"- he looked down to meet her eyes- "Very handsome... but why do I feel like crying?"- she was surprised by his comment. He sighed heavily- "All of them... you draw them with a heavy heart. It's very sad..."

"How did you know?"- she asked, her arms became heavier, and she stopped fighting to regain them.

"I have a good eye for this kind of things... I really love art"- he organized the pictures and handed them to her- "Anyways... Do you want something to eat? The cheese-hotdogs are really good"- he smiled again- "I'm here alone, and I have to go back to Paris in a couple days. I can use a friend right now"- Since that morning's encounter, she wanted to knew him, more and more. Because, as her, he covered scares behind that smile. He was the same as her.

"We've just met..."

"Ahhh... I'm not some sort of weirdo... I swear"

"I don't think you are"- she couldn't stop staring at him. His slanted eyes, his chocolate skin, the way he spoke. He was charming.

"Ohhh that's good!!... so how about something to eat? I'm starving"

"I... don't want anything"- she said. She couldn't avoid his eyes, she wanted to see what there was beyond them, in his heart.

"You have to eat... You are really thin"- he grabbed her arm, and she tried to shook him, but something in his eyes made her stay still. She noticed he hadn't stopped looking in her eyes either. From the very start they have been lookign into each other eyes.- "I... am a doctor. I don't want to hurt you"- his deep brown almost black eyes made her shiver. What was that feeling? She felt hypnotised by his gaze.

"I can't eat..."- she said without deep think- "I haven't been able to eat in a few days... my stomach just rejects it."- he approched her and left almost no space between them. He carefuly touched her face. She didn't react nor tried to avoid it, he felt familiar.

"Is it because of him?"

"I don't know"

"Mmmm... Let's have some fun at the fair, eat something and then... let me examine you"

"Ok"

_____________________

I love Hakyeon so much... and he's so handsome... kekekeke. Isn't he?

Of course he is...

I have plans for him <3. Look forward for it XD.