Awakening

This big world

She couldn't do more than stare at the situation in front. Hakyeon was being deteined by Dae Jung, Taekwoon in the floor, MinHee almost flying from the second floor to get to Taekwoon, and the staff in the stairs and some others coming from the front door.

"What...?"- she said looking at Hakyeon. Dae Jung looked and her and realesed Hakyeon, who went to Hanna and hugged her.

"Are you ok?"- he took her chin and raised her face with it.- "Oh... your eyes... It took me too long to get here. Let me examine you"

"I'm fine..."- she could only see Hakyeon's dark orbs and be greatful for his presence. She didn't wanna have to handle Taekwoon in that moment. She wanted to go, she wanted to escape to Seoul and never come back- "Did you...?"

"I did..."- A few feet away, Taekwoon laid in the floor with a bloody nose. She had a internal struggle, every cell in her body wanted to go make sure he was ok and help him stop the blood. But, fortunately she had Hakyeon holding her and the fresh memory of Taekwoon's back over her desperation. All the rage she had inside and the sadness over HongBin's wedding, over always being the disposable one and never important. Actually, she started feeling the need to hit him more, but for now, she only wanted to have some revenge: let him see how little she cared, she wanted to show her back to him.

"Get me out of here"- she said with a cold tone. Hakyeon saw it, something he liked at first but had a dangerous feeling in her eyes.

She passed through the corridor trying not to have any eye contact with Taekwoon. She avoided a few people on her way to the door, conscious of the sights of all the staff on her. She knew she would be judged harshly on their eyes. She was about to disapear with a guy they hadn't seen, that had hit Taekwoon strongly enough to broke his nose... But it didn't matter, in that moment she wanted to leave, to run away. She wanted to feel strong, to be the one to leave. She wouldn't be the obedient girl, the complacent girl, the stupid girl she had been for those months. For the time being, she had awaken.

In matter of seconds she got into Hakyeon's car that was awfully parked outside the house and waited for him. She didn't wanna look into the house, but she recognized Dae Jung's figure stopping Hakyeon and talking to him, and a few minutes later he came in the car.

"Where to?"- he asked looking at the road.

"Wherever... I need time to put my thoughts in order"- Hakyeon then looked her in the eye.

"Aren't you taking your bag?"- he said pointing to the house- "You should at least get your passport and some money..."

"!"- she looked into the house and saw a figure approaching the car.

"At least take this..."- said Dae Jung handing her bag- "Just... call me"- she avoided him while taking her bag. She hated him too. He was in the room while Taekwoon was going to tell her, he knew what he was going to do. He was right outside the door while she nedded someone to interfear, to be on her side. He knew Hanna was hurt and, while he was outside hearing her screaming, he wanted to go inside and punch Taekwoon. But he had to think straight, Taekwoon was, after all, his boss- "Please... let me know where you're going"- she didn't look at him. Hanna patted Hakyeon's right leg to make him start the car. 

"Ok"- she heared from the other side of the car.

"Please"- Dae Jung repeated- "You aren't this kind of person... I need to know you are going to be alright"

"Not that kind of person... You don't know me enough to say that"- she replied- "I just wanted someone on my side. But I guess it can't be you"- without anything more to say Hakyeon drove away.

"What did he wanted?"- she asked bitting her lip while looking at Hakyeon- "I saw you two talking outside the house"

"He just wanted to make sure I can take you somewhere save. I don't want them to report you as a missing person, it's better to give them some information"- She'd missed him so much, like if they had been long time friends. Hakyeon's firm voice, his sharp eyes, slender legs and delicate yet strong hands. His knuckles were red and swollen, but he didn't gave a pain signs.

"Does it hurt?"- she asked.

"Not as much as it must be hurting him"-She.. felt so save with him. His presence was all she needed in that moment. It was the same feeling she had when they met for the first time. It was a kind of aura around him, something that made her feel connected- "I'll take you to a hotel..."

"I..."- she didn't wanna be alone, but saying those words were to difficult. Her ego was hurt, she had became a princess in distress ... she had never been one. Hanna hated the idea, but she had to recognize it. She needed someone to take care of her, and Taekwoon wouldn't be the one.

"Then you can stay with me"- he didn't flinch a bit saying it. She wasn't surprised either, Hakyeon was after all, her prince in a white horse.

While Hakyeon was driving, God knows where, she was in deep thought. She had been brought to earth harshly, but she needed it. All that lovey puffy stuff she felt for Taekwoon had put a veil in her eyes. She was so blind that she had forgotten what she swore in the beggining: the need to survive, to make it by the day and to do it for the people she loved and that loved her- "Ohhh!!! I need to make a phone call... can we stop by a free wifi spot on the way?"

"Sure"- a few minutes later she was outside a cafe wating for lunch and trying to connect a call with Hongbin. When she finally succeded she had to put up with an emotional Hongbin. He cried his eyes off, and she tried to make him feel better.

"I'm sorry... I couldn't tell you personally"- Hongbin said sobbing over his computer. Jiae was right behind him patting his back.

"Binnie... calm down. I'll figure it out"- Hanna said touching her phone's screen. She wanted to be there, with them, and she would do whatever it took- "I know I can get there for your wedding"

"Noona I need you here"- it had been a while since he called her noona. He was pulling all the aegyo he had in his overly matured body. He looked a bit ridiculous, but she had the feeling he had been sufering alone for a long time.

"I... need you too."- she said feeling a bit embarassed, Hakyeon laughed a bit- "I'll go. I know I can make it. Just calm down a bit. ok? Noona is going"

"I hate this... And Taekwoon-hyung... he said he needed time, but Jiae told him two weeks ago! I thought I would die waiting for this call"- he said sulking. - "Wait a moment... Did he make you cry?"- he stoped a bit and looked closely. Of course, her eyes were still swollen and big bags had grown under her eyes- "that son of a..."

"Be careful, he's your brother in law to be..."- she said- "It wasn't pretty but... I'm fine"- she had been repeating "I'm fine" so much the last months, she had already started believing it- "I have no idea how I'm getting there, but I will. I'll call you in a few days and let you know."- she kissed the camara and wave goodbye, with a dumbfounded HongBin waving back.

"I think he's just like me. He wouldn have hit the guy if he had seen him"- said Hakyeon from the chair in front of her. Hakyeon asked for lunch so by now, the table was full of delicatessen and pastries- "I hope you're hungry... you have to eat a lot to recover from that shock.... and"- he added before she had anytime to discuss- "I'm not over with your examination, so after this I'll take you to my office for a full check up"

"I'm..."

"You are not fine!"- he almost screamed- "You don't understand the depht of the problem here... While I was listening to your fight over the phone I knew: You could have died"- he was very serious and she felt a shiver all over her body- "Look... everytime you have that kind of problems with your soulmate... how can I explain?... It drains you. Your first black out was before you saw him with the other girl. When you saw that, your vessels emptied inmediately, that's why you felt so cold. It makes your methabolism stop and it's difficult for it to keep up the rythm of producing... well stuff to keep you functioning. So... when you called me and told me you had a black out and then started fighting with him again, I thought you were going into shock"- she was actually not aware of it, but she was very pale and had started trembeling again. She saw the concern on Hakyeon eyes and she grabbed a handfull of fries and a piece of meat on one of the plates. She reminded quiet while eating and after a good half an hour she had finished everything.

"Ohh...How did you know where I was?"- she asked- "I didn't gave you an adress"

"I installed a gps app on your cellphone when we were in Amsterdam"- he said- "It was just a precaution, but it payed off"

"You stalker..."- she said jokingly- "were you spying on me?"

"Of course... I had to know where you were all day long. You are my test subject"- he said wipping a trace of cream she had in her nose- "What if you run away to Korea and have not enough serum?

"Well if that would have been the case..."- she suddenly got serious- "Would you have... gone for me?"

"Always"- he answered- "I'll go for you if you need me, so just call me"

"You... are so weird"

"I know"- he said smiling, and then made a weird face- "... but why specificaly?"

"Just because"- they ended up going to Hakyeon's medical office for him to do a full check up. After he had made sure her heart and other organs were fine, they went to his home. It was a pretty small apartment in the center of the city, nothing like the great house she had been in the morning. But as soon as she went in she found it comfortable and familiar.

"I'm sorry... I wasn't expecting any guests this morning"- it was messy, big books decorated the coach, the coffe and dinning table. He started moving books and putting in the empty shelves frantically- "You can take the bed, I'll sleep here and..."- she backed hugged him.

"I'm really sorry... I feel like an imposition, I know you don't feel that way but... I just want you to know how greatful I am"- she hold him like that for a few minutes and he knew that he shouldn't say anything- "I'm sorry..."- she dinally muttered-"I must say this... even when we hardly met, I had already put you through so much... I'm such a burden...I'm ashamed of myself. I swear I wasn't this weak before..."

"You are not weak. You have no option, that's it..."- he said turning around- "And it's not "hardly met", you ARE my... friend... and I... would do everything in my hands to help you. You can stay with me as long as you want"

"Hakyeon-ah... I need to get to Seoul by friday"

"I know. We'll figure it out tomorrow. For now... it's time for a redosis of serum. Lay down"- he ordered. 

The first night at Paris, and all those things have happened. She was hoping for something different. She was hoping she could enjoy the time, but everything was too much for her to handle.  She knew she had work to do, she was bound to a contract too, but she needed to go to Seoul and, beyond anything, she didn't wanna see Taekwoon. But even when she didn't wanna see him at all, her gift was betraying her. She could picture him, every hair, every eyelash, every crack in his lips was so engraved in her mind, in her soul... She took her sketchbook and started drawing. Why did she had to draw him? He was always like that, so... perfect, almost like a manequin. But she couldn't draw that side of him, she always draw him with that smile, the one he only gave to MinHee.

"You have lied, mistreated me, and"- she whispered in the middle of the night pointing to her half finished sketch- "... just... such a bastard, ! I hate you! I really hate you... I... have to... leave you. But... why is it so hard? Even when all you've give me is pain"- and then she remembered that day in Berlin, when they hold hands and walked around. A lonley tear sliped- "or you're going to end up killing me"

________________________________

Sorry for the short update... I'm working on my thesis now and life is a bit frantic, so it's difficult to keep the story interesting and long...  But 이별공식  (Love equation)... it's giving me so much stregth!!! So I decided to publish this mini chapter. Ohhh I'm so in love with this song... kekekekke... I hope you like it (both the song and the chapter). Please comment XD. Ohhh, and Starlights: let's watch the m/v over and over so we can reach the 2 million views!!! 

P.S: This is me dying a little... https://vine.co/v/MtMB5ZgBzXq