A Red Moon

What if

A pretty full moon, soon bleeds as I earnestly look upon it for help. The pricky grass that the social cleaner didn't trim properly. Lying there with tears lifelessly flow down my face. I had given up on yelling, given up the jokes of self defence my father had try to teach me., I had basically given up. One may note that a knife against my jugular vein of my neck, was not exactly a motivational asperation for defiance. He had his ways. I withered by her name. 'Jessi!' he moaned as I just kept looking at the red moon. He slump down. I barely heard his meek apology. Then, I was knocked out. 

The next time we had met, he pleaded guilty. He didn't have a choice. He was simply too poor in planning his act. Impulse, recklessness and the pure ignorance of a teenager. His defense attorny had used such words to describe his actions. Hence, his years behind bar shorten by a year. My mother cried out for injustice! I was purely examining my hands. The hands that had put up a fight for mere 2 minutes at best. Our eyes met, he had regret within them. 

Ironically, he was sincerely sorry. Our gaze lingered on as the judge indifferently stated his sentencing in specifics, I watch him slowly transit to a shivering boy. When he was brought away, I gave my mother a hug. His back view diminishing. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh. One sigh of my own regret. I open them again and stared straight at the wooden door. Next, my mother held my hand warmly as we stride out of the courthouse. That chapter of my life seem to be simply skimmed past by the huge gates of the court doors. 

The ending is not one that I had control over. If I had it my way, I glance at the dominant right hand holding my mother's left, that hand would have done better. It would have done so much more, so that it is I who would have been transmitting warmth to this poor lady's hand. 

I woke up. Breathing a little too heavy, pespiration oozing a little too freely. My fragile state masked by the darkness. 'Damn.' I muttered as my hand rubbed my face. It must have been the tea doing its magic. Should have known that she would have brewed chamomile tea. Stablising my internal state of mind, I sat at the edge of Sunny's sofa. Looking straight at the television that showed a blank screen, I couldn't help but wondered about him. 

I wondered how is he. His bad story is my history. One that I have developed a numbness to. According to the doctor, I may have move on. I may have came to a point of ultimate forgiveness. Yet apparently, according to my mother, my uality points otherwise. I wish I had a stick to light. After all, 'darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.' I qouted softly. 

Getting up, I headed into Soonkyu's room. Crawling into her king size bed like her puppy, I snuggled close to her. Without opening her eyes, she turn towards the new weight on her bed. Putting her right arm on top of my head as she gently the back of my head. I look at her face, in silence, my tear welled up. Under the faint moonlight shinning in, I took in the warmth she graciously offered.