A Good Night

What if

'I think that conservativity should be drowned. They are overly old fashion and frankly too restrictive. What is the point of saving if aprocalypse is coming? Plus I'm dying.' She lets out obvious exhale. Then points at thin air frantically, she is truly insane. 'Look with that, I'm one more breath short.' I heaved a sigh, calmly using up one respiration. Suddenly she points at me. 'You are not to judge. You know I'm right.' I nod my head absentmindedly at her rant continuation. 

When exhausted by her own animation of storytelling, she took a seat beside me. 'You understand right.' she says. Next she positioned herself so that her head was resting on my thigh. I look at the 6000 dollars handbag that she had purchased. 'Honestly...' the simple looking black handbag sitting on the floor, seemingly in disgruntle at its fall off the top shelve. The more I look at it, the more it just looks like a really overpriced bag. 

A snap of her fingers brought my attention back to her. I focus my eyes on her. 'You know I'm not that kind.' I excused myself from providing a clear stand. She pouts at my answer. Seeing a loose strand, my hand reaches forth and gently place it into order. Her class of reasoning was already in session as I took the time to admire her features. With no limelight, bareface after a shower, she is just a lady in her early twenties that had been reprimanded by her mother for a spending deemed as implusive and an act of no prudence.

Hearing the words that only she marked with her own brand of logic, my hand begin to her hair in an attempt to soothe the flames. A fiery lady she can be when her sensed that she was being wronged. In a way, her flames around her pricky nature can be so childlike at times. 

'Alright. Alright' I pat her head softly as I halted her rant. 'You know she means well. Plus you had bought it. So just spend less for the month.' I concluded. Her eyes squint, 'you just want me to shut up.' I giggled and my head shake. 'Madam, we both have classes in the morning. I believe that you need your sleep.' I spoke the words in a matter of fact manner, somewhat like the receptionist giving you the queue number. 

Mischiviously, she blew at my face causing irritation to my already weary eyes. She got up. Standing infront of me, she held her hand out for me. Puzzled, I didn't take it but simply looked at it. 'The news said that it will thunderstorm tonight.' she says as her face blush. Instead of taking her hand, I smiled. So that was the real reason as to why she had wanted me to come over tonight. 'I will always be there for you.' Lifting up her outreached hand slightly, 'call and I will be there.' I stated. 

Grabing her hand, I lead us into her room. Pulling out the extra bed, she watch in silence. 'Go on. Bed time.' I prompted her to go into the comforts of her kingdom. As she snuggled herself underneath the blanket, I went to off the lights. Lying down, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Sharing the room with her was bringing out a kind of joy. 'Taeng.' her call of my name breaks the quiet night. 'Will you ever hate me?' she asks. 'No.' I said firmly. I couldn't even stop loving you. 'But...' she says. 

I finally got the real intention behind her question. 'That night is independent of you.' I voiced it in hopes that it will reassure her. I mean, telling her about it was the cause of it. 'Told you, you wouldn't want to know.' it was a sentence that earned a pillow slap on the face. 'I was being a concern friend!' she scolded. Her glare given an extra shine by the moonlight shining in. Looking at her, 'I know.' Her gaze lingered slightly longer as it softens to the state of neutral. 'Goodnight, Ms Jung.' I said as her beauty retreated to her castle. 'Goodnight, stupid.' she says.

That night was good. Back then, everything was good. Now as I ponder on my actions leading up to the wedding, I wonder how dramatic have I become? Do I seriously wish for her to come running into my arms? Do I even want to have her hug me? Do I want her? 

In those days, the questions were answered in a heartbeat. 'Those nights were good indeed.' I said to my constant indifferent audience that surrounds me. Must be the damn rough speech I have in mind that is screwing things up more. I turn, my eyes naturally stealing a glimpse of the clock's mocking face. A half an hour. Oh wells if reminiscing is what it takes to make through this night, I will take it. A proxy of a wonderful night of the past is better than the heartless cold truth. 

I took the intiative to encourage the devil's arms of insomnia. Humming the tune of Mary Poppins's stay awake, I begin my search for the memories, be it forged or actual happenings. Tonight shall be a good night.