Bias Loop

What if

'So you are freaking casper? You have worked there for a good 2 years already!' Fany scolded. 'I just bought your white chocolate mocha frappé, I was expecting a nicer reception.' I said as I took my seat. Taking a sip of the icy americano, I took decided to see no faults in my ways. 'Plus casper is a boy, ghost and friendly. I am clearly neither of the above.' I replied after enjoying the icy feeling of coffee flowing into my body. 'Anyway why the sudden coffee date?' I ask.

I earn a glare. 'To get your recluse self out. Smell some fresh air.' she sternly replies. It is times like this that make me question why her? 'You are a bride to be about to get married. I would be expecting you to be frantically attempting to create disney live action.' I say while ignoring her prevailing glare. Yup, why her indeed. I took another sip of joy. 'You know my progress on wedding preparations.' she states as I nodded in agreement. How could one forget the food baby I had gain due to the massive amount of dishes I had tasted. I swear I could have been a plank pivoting on her stomach after that day was over. The best part is still the fact that she went with the very first set of dishes we ate. We came full circle. Yay to pointless rotations. 

'I know you are judging the menu experience.' she says. I simply smile at the fact that I was caught. 'So are we setting a date for me to watch you try on a billion dress? I need to be mentally prepared.' I probe further at this sudden coffee date. 'Can't my love cause me to miss you and thus arrange a simple coffee date with my wife?' Tiffany rebut. 'You are going to be someone else's wife soon. Plus your extra exclamation mark at the end makes this meeting more suspicious.' I calmly state. Her jaw fell. 'Seriously.' she exclaims. 'Just one more symbol and you think this is fishy?' her hands accompanied her words. Things were looking so animated and exaggerated. 

Letting out a sigh, I just watch as she went on a rampage. Her spoken words freely entering a ear and smoothly leaving the other. 'But you are right.' she abruptly concludes her rambling. I simply smirk at my accuracy. 'I want you to go up and do a speech on my wedding day.' At her announcement, my jaw fell. 'What?' It was my turn to exclaim. 'No.' I could only muster up that one word. A billion reasons as to why I shouldn't fly through my mind. 

'I only want to be sure that my current wife is happy to share me with my lawful husband.' she may have said it seriously but everything after her request just seem overly whimsical. 'No. No no...' I kept the word to be expressed on a endless loop as she started firing all her falsely justified reasons. 'Come on Taetae. IT would be right for you to give a speech.' she whines. 'I said I would sing for you. I barely psycho myself in being the maid of honour. A speech, I can't. That is seriously too big a task. By the way, you do know that I hate marriages right?' I spoke with precision, wishing that whatever I said will dust away the colour cobwebs clouding her logical head. She must be watching too much of TLC. Someone please steal her cable. 

She eyes me. Then suddenly, her shoulders slump down. Chin started to shift slightly away. I'm screwed. I braced myself as she is about to use her royal flash. 'But Taetae, I want you to do it. You are the closest I have to family here. Please. Dad is going to do one. I really want one that represents my family over here.' she says with that puppy tone. Her eyes pleading and overbearing. I shut my eyes, string a whole line of curses and nod my head. Instantly, a force took my small frame and gave it a big embrace. 'You are the best!' she says in glee. 

'Who says my dream have to stay just my dreams.' she proudly qoutes Ariel. 'What's right for you might still be wrong for me.' I qouted Ariel back. She grins. 'Kim Taeyeon, once you agree you never back out. You could never break a promise between us.' Fany states confidently. I wish it was overconfidence. Sighing, I took a sip of the slightly bitter americano. 'I didn't even need a psychology doctorate for that.' Her smile widens as she sits a little more straight and made her body frame bigger. 

Sometimes I wonder why I bother, in the end, I always give in. I definitely hold a cognitive bias when it comes to her. Hence I'm on my own little loop during our disagreement. The ending matching her initial suggestion. I am bias indeed.