Chapter 15

SM's Newest Girl Group - StarLight
header
triangle
CHAPTER.15.

February 8 2015 

After receiving a short nagging session from Jungri, something inside Jieun's mind clicked. She HAD to tell Sehun about her brother. It was the only way to resolve this whole mess. Blame her older brother for making her keep such a stupid secret from everyone. Would it kill him to let everyone know that they were siblings?  She took out her phone and texted her older brother a short but direct text.

To: Oppa
I'm telling Sehun the truth about us.

The moment Jieun spotted Sehun, her eyes lit up. 

"Sehun!" She called. "I-" She stopped short in her track the moment she saw who he was with. She instantly stalked off in another direction as she felt her tears threatening to resurface again. "I was a fool to even think about apologizing." She closed her eyes, trying to erase the image of him hugging Joy from her mind but it was hard. Once she was in another corridor, she let her tears fall freely. She had her back leaned against the wall as she slowly slid down while her right hand brushed her hair up from her face.

Out of nowhere, a pair of legs stopped in front of her. She looked up to see Sehun standing there, looking at her in concern. 

"What do you want?" She stood up, brushed her tears away as she looked away from him. "Go back to your Joy." This made Sehun's eyebrows furrow. Was she.. The thought made him crack a smile. "What's so funny?" Jieun sent him a look. "I'm leaving." She muttered and turned to leave but was pulled back by Sehun's gentle tug on her wrist as he wrapped her in his embrace.

"Let go of me!" Jieun started struggling to get out, even resorting to hit him as she struggled to get out.

"No. I'm never letting you go again." He closed his eyes as his grip around her tightened. When she finally stood still, finally surrendering to his embrace, he spoke again. "I'm sorry.." Her eyes widened at his choice of words. "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions upon seeing that picture.." He apologized to her first.. This made Jieun soften. 

"I.." She paused, hesitating. "I'm sorry too..for keeping something a secret from you." She pulled back. "The truth is..the man in the picture and video, he's," Once more, she paused. "He's my older brother." Sehun's eyes widened in shock. Her older brother was the cause of their misunderstanding? What a story. If anyone found out, they'd die laughing. Jieun took out her phone and showed him the text message she received. "I don't know who did this and why but..this is the truth." She continued. "My older brother didn't want anyone to find out he has a little sister, me and I don't know why. All I know is that since I've made this promise to him, I have to keep it." She then cracked a smile. "But you're not just anyone. You're Sehun, my best friend and someone I love with all my heart. I should've told you the truth sooner." She sighed. "But now's better than never, huh?" He nodded as he hugged her once more.

"Thank you..." He smiled. "for telling me the truth." He had one hand on the back of her head as he hugged her. "There's nothing between me and Joy.. There's really nothing and if you hear anything about me and her, don't believe it because it's not true. Trust me, okay?" He muttered. This got Jieun confused but she nodded. They pulled away and Sehun grabbed her hand. "C'mon. The others must be worried sick.." Just as the couple walked back to their studio, a silent notification rang through Jieun's phone.

From:: Oppa
WHAT?!
JIEUN-AH! YAH!

..

I was actually waiting for you to say this to me.
He'd better take good care of you or he'll get it from this oppa of yours.

 



AUTHOR'S NOTE // A filler chapter! Next up, a surprise xD