Chapter 10 - Christmas Special Part 3

SM's Newest Girl Group - StarLight
header
triangle
CHAPTER.8.

 December 25 2014


It was soon the after-concert Christmas party for the SM artists and everyone was there, including Starlight who were considered the babies of the company.

Jieun, instead of mingling with her fellow sunbaes and group members, chose to sit by herself at the corner looking at the note. She was curious as to who 'S' was since there were so many people had names starting with the letter 'S'. It certainly didn't help that Suho was the one who'd gave her the box. She was in the middle of her thoughts when a gigantic box was pushed to the middle of the venue.

"Everyone! Will you please gather around?" Chanyeol called and at once everybody crowded around the box, wondering what was going on. Jieun who'd just snapped out of her thoughts blinked in surprise at the sight of a sudden crowd in the middle of the room. Even her group members were there already. She was looking at the crowd curiously when someone held out a hand to her. 

"Jieun, you're the star for tonight so will you please head over to the centre?" Baekhyun asked, smiling softly at her. Blinking a little confusedly, Jieun nodded before standing up and was guided over to the box by Baekhyun. "Go ahead and open it." He nodded at her before letting go of her hand and stepping into the crowd.

Just as Jieun had lifted off the top of the box, the sides of the box fell down revealing Sehun who was kneeling on his knee with his left knee propped up. He was holding out a bouquet of her favorite flowers, the pink and white stargazer lilies. He looked at her before smiling warmly.

"Kang Jieun.."He began. "Ever since our fateful meeting at the fan-meeting, I've already fallen for you and I fell even deeper in love with you over the time we've spent together. Do you remember those times when I'd teach you Korean but end up bursting into random English conversations with you?  There were so many moments I shared with you and that was just one of the many moments I cherish." He continued. By then, Jieun was tearing up and everyone was silent as they watched the scene unfold itself. "Kang Jieun, you're my best friend as well as my everything already. I love spending every second with you. Even your mere presence is enough to make me smile, is enough to make me feel happier than ever. Your smile can brighten up my whole world and your laughter is like music to my ears. Your eyes remind me of those deep oceans which contains so many treasures that is cherished. You're perfect to me, Jieun-ah.." He smiled warmly at her. "So Kang Jieun, Jiang Qing Xue, Angel Celeste Kang," He used the many versions of her name. "This Christmas, I'd like to give you my heart. This Christmas, I'm your present." Just like that, Jieun knew that it was he, who had sent her that empty box with nothing but a mysterious note in it. "Will you be mine?" He finally popped the question. By the end of his confession, Jieun was crying already. She nodded again and again before he finally stood up. Once he'd stood up, she threw her arms around him and hugged him close to her.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Jieun shed tears of joy. "I'd love to be yours." She smiled. At that, the artists began clapping with the exception of Joy who kept sending her dirty looks. With that, the crowd dispersed.

Nora stood next to Tao before clinking her glass of soda against his to alert him of her presence. 

" 'sup?" She smiled at him. "Having a good time?" She asked. 

"Yeah. Especially with a beautiful lady next to me, I'm having a blast." Tao smiled at her. Nora blushed at his compliment before changing the subject.

"Did you see Sehun's confession to Jieun?" She asked and he nodded. "Did you help plan it?" She looked at him curiously. 

"No.. I was surprised by it too actually. But he's always been talking non-stop about her and how perfect she is, this isn't much of a surprise. I'm just surprised that he'd suddenly pop out of a box like that." Tao told her and she nodded.

"I see.. I wish someone would confess to me like that too.." Nora sighed softly. "It was so cute and so memorable.." She muttered and Tao looked at her, his eyes softening at her wish. 

Meanwhile, 

Bian was seated next to Chanyeol who was busy chowing down some chocolate truffles. 

"Yah, easy on the truffles, will you?" Bian made a face. "You're going to end up choking to death at this rate." She said as she handed him a glass of water which he gratefully took before downing it like a shot. She sighed and leaned against the sofa she was sitting on.

"I swear, one day you're going to end up choking on something. At that time, don't come crying to me." Bian commented and he pouted.

"Are you sure because I can bet you that the first person to worry over me would be you~" Chanyeol teased, earning himself a flick on the forehead from Bian. 

"Yeah yeah yeah.." Bian made a face.

Seungyeon, on the other hand stood next to some of the Super Junior members, talking to them since Hyuk wasn't there. She had been talking to them when a text was sent to her.

From : Hyukkie
To : Seungyeon

Hey, sorry I'm not there with you.
I'll make it up to you during New Year's, I promise.
Anyways,
Merry Christmas! 


Upon reading the text, a smile etched itself on Seungyeon's face.


 



AUTHOR'S NOTE // The last part!
OMG I uploaded this right before I went to bed so heh. ^^;