Chapter 1

SM's Newest Girl Group - StarLight
header
triangle
STARLIGHT.
     February 1 2014
4 members of Juniper sat there in shock as they listened to what their manager was saying.

"No. I can't believe it. There's no way Yoonmi and Miyoung would do that." Jieun was in denial, shaking her head before standing up. "There's no way they would betray the group like that and choose their own company over us. Surely you must've been mistaken." She was at the verge of crying. Jungri sat there in silence, clearly stunned by the sudden announcement while Bian pulled on a cold face, pretending to not care when clearly she was also affected.

Who wouldn't be upset?

They've been training for almost 4 years now and they've just reached the peak of their carreer when their two members dropped the bomb on them like this.

"That's why we'll be having a farewell showcase for them." Their manager continued. With that, Jieun burst into tears. That was also the moment Nora snapped.

"Jieun-ah. Stop it. There's no use crying over people who's chose their own wants over the group." Nora told her, her face void of emotions before turning to the manager. "Would we get new members or are we going to promote as four now?" She asked and the manager turned grim.

"You're going to disband and regroup as a 5-membered group. The four of you will remain together so don't worry about that. I heard you're getting a new member. As for the positions, I believe your new manager will tell you." Their manager said. "Today's my last day here as I have to move over to Japan. I'll be expecting a baby soon and my husband decided that it'll be best if we moved to Japan instead." She calmly said and Nora nodded. "As for your farewell showcase, from what I've heard, it's in a week's time." The girls nodded despite being completely tensed. "It'll be the last concert the 6 of you have together. For the last song, your new member will join in while Yoonmi and Miyoung make their rounds around the stadium to greet their fans for the last time." Again, the girls nodded. Done with the announcement, the manager left the girls sitting there alone, wallowing in sadness.

February 25 2014

It was soon time for the farewell showcase. There were tons of fans who were biased towards Yoonmi and Miyoung. Everyone was clueless about the new member even the girls themselves were kept in the dark about her but they didn't mind because for their last song, they weren't required to dance.

Throughout the concert, they sang and danced to their old songs like Day by Day, We Were In Love and even I Don't Know. Aside from that, they also sang No No No. Because they wanted to keep the farewell a little shorter so that the leaving members could sing, the group only sang 4 of their most popular songs together.



( Bomi - Jieun | Eunji - Yoonmi | Hayoung - Nora | Chorong - Jungri | Naeun - Miyoung | Namjoo - Bian | Yookyung - Seungyeon )

( Bomi - Jieun | Eunji - Yoonmi | Hayoung - Nora | Chorong - Jungri | Naeun - Miyoung | Namjoo - Bian )


( Hwayoung - Jieun | Eunjung - Seungyeon | Ahreum - Jungri | Boram, Qri - Nora | Hyomin - Bian | Jiyeon - Miyoung | Soyeon - Yoonmi )


( Hwayoung - Nora | Minkyung - Jieun | Soyeon - Jungri | Hyomin - Bian | Jiyeon - Miyoung | Haeri- Yoonmi )


Once the group was done, it was time for the two departing members to sing one last song together and they decided to choose Don't Say Goodbye, a song that was written by Jieun herself. It was also a song that Jieun had sang with Nora so while the two girls were singing, the two of them provided backstage, singing along to them. While they were singing those songs, almost everyone was bursting into tears as they couldn't bear the idea of parting with the two adorable members. Once they were done, they started to sing Time, Please Stop but that time, the 4 Juniper members who had gone backstage stepped out to sing together with them every now and them, providing support for them.
 



( Kang Mikyung - Miyoung | Lee Haeri - Yoonmi )

( Kang Mikyung - Miyoung | Lee Haeri - Yoonmi )
When they were done, most of the Juniper members were already in tears but they said nothing, holding back their tears as they watched their beloved members sing and dance. Jungri, their current leader had to be strong for the girls so she held back everything she was feeling. Instead, she pretended she was okay and was not the least affected by what was going on around her when she was, especially since she was closer to the two of them rather than the others.

After Yoonmi and Miyoung got onto a couple of steps which led to a door, the music stopped and the whole stadium turned pin-drop silence as everyone watched.

"Yoonmi-ah! Miyoung-ah!" Jungri called as she held the microphone to . The two members turned around and smiled at her sadly as they awaited the leader's speech. "Good luck on your business and careeer! Remember that your Juniper members and fans would always be there for you guys." Jungri walked forward and hugged the two of them. "I'll miss you guys so much." She was tearing up as she pulled away from the hug. Yoonmi, who had begun crying let out a slight laugh as she used her hand to wipe away Jungri's tears.

"Don't cry, unnie. We'll miss you guys a lot too." Yoonmi smiled softly at the older girl who then proceeded to walk to the side for the other members to step forward but the others didn't say anything. Instead, they just ran up to the girls and gave them a hug one by one. With that, the two girls walked through the door, leaving the stage. The 4 girls stood there, sniffling slightly but otherwise didn't say anything.

"ALRIGHT EVERYBODY!" Someone's voice boomed into the speakers despite the gloomy atmosphere. "We have an announcement to make. Right now, the newest member of the group will be appearing through that very same door." Right after the voice spoke,the door opened to reveal a girl standing behind there. The 4 members of Juniper smiled at her, though a little sadly but nevertheless still smiled at her.

"Hello everyone." The girl stepped through the door and into the stadium. "It's very nice to see everybody despite the gloomy mood right now." Her eyes scanned the crowd. "I understand that everyone's still upset over what has happened to Yoonmi and Miyoung because I too, as a fan, am sad that they're leaving." She continued. "I hope," she paused. "Everyone would give me a chance to prove myself worthy of being inside Juniper as the newest member." She smiled and bowed politely.

"My name's Kang Seungyeon and I'm the new leader, main dancer as well as lead vocalist." She introduced herself. At once, Jungri's face paled. Jieun, Nora and Bian sent their current leader worried looks but she seemed to be deep in thought.

"I suppose now it's time for the five of us to sing."The 4 girls nodded at her statement before standing in a straight line to sing their song. "Please listen to us with all your heart.." With that, the stage turned dark and when it brightened up again, the girls were all seated on chairs in the middle of the stage.

( Gyuri - Kang Seungyeon | Han Seungyeon - Jieun | Hara - Nora | Jiyoung - Jungri | Nicole - Bian )
 

AUTHOR'S NOTE // In case you guys got confused, I've changed Haneul's name to Jieun instead. Also, the incident with the old drunk guy that happened to Haneul never happened \o/