Chapter 14

SM's Newest Girl Group - StarLight
header
triangle
CHAPTER.14.

February 8 2015 [Back-tracked because we need them MV making scenes.]

"Good morning everyone! We are Juniper!" Everyone greeted respectfully to the producers, make-up artists and cameramen. They smiled at the bright girls' arrival and nodded their heads to acknowledge their greetings. The girls then proceeded to the back of the filming set to settle down and listen to what the producer had to say and get their schedules that day.

After the briefing, they smiled and bowed as the producer left the room. Juniper was silent and eyes were mostly on the three former members, Jungri, Yoonmi and Miyoung. Jungri was the first to speak up. "Sorry for leaving so suddenly, but I'm back. We are back. Can I get hugs from all of you?" She joked to lighten up the mood. Bi An was originally staring at Jungri but her eyes flitted downwards as her former leader said that. All was silent until Jieun started sobbing. "I missed all of you! Why did you ever leave!" She plunged forward to get a hug from Jungri.

Nora exchanged glances with Bi An and they stared at the sight in front of them awkwardly. Jungri rolled her eyes. Miyoung and Yoonmi just laughed silently. Looks like the two iceblocks would never change. Jungri gave Nora a comforting sidehug before stepping right in front of the maknae. 

"How's life sleeping alone, Bi?" She teased because they were former roomates. Bi An snorted and shrugged her shoulders, as if saying 'better'. 

"How dare you!" Jungri chuckled and attacked her favourite dongsaeng with tickles. Everyone looked on with smiles tugging their lips. 

"Nora, Nora, so how have you been? I heard Starlight's debut! It was great!" Miyoung said excitedly, excited to see her bestfriend again. Nora nodded her head with a whimsical smile. Yoonmi and Jieun just looked at each other sheepishly. Both of them had went through a slight romantic ordeal and through it, had become closer to each other. "How's your relationship with Sehun?" Bi An and Nora immediately stopped what they were doing and looked at the duo. 

Bi An sighed loudly and swore under her breath. Yoonmi's cluelessness always had to strike. She pulled Yoonmi out of the door and slammed it, explaining it as simply as she could to the clueless girl. Nora cleared , "Why did you leave? I alway wanted to know that." She continued, "Especially you Jungri, our maknae's poker face could had permenantly formed into a scowl if Chanyeol wasn't a happy bubbly thing." Nora wrinkled her nose at her own usage of words.

"Sorry." Jungri stared at her hands,"I-I probably fail as a leader right?" She took a deep breath. "I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses so I won't give any. Sorry. Can you find it in your heart to accept me again?" She gulped,"I will work, extra, extra, hard. You may even treat me like the maknae-" Someone slapped her back, hard. "Accepted. Your first job is to unite and make this group of depressed people into a group again." Bi An let out a small smile and went back to her seat after that.

Yoonmi and Miyoung twiddled their thumbs. "We-we, to be honest, we kind of got the celebrity disease and left for our own benefits. If it weren't for the fans, Juniper wouldn't be here today. And we wouldn't be back here." 

Miyoung added,"I'm just glad they did, because I realise what a mistake it was." Nora sighed, "I'm glad that's the truth and all but seriously, leaving me? Miyoung, that's low." Miyoung pouted at her and fluttered her eyelashes, hoping to get forgiveness, and boy she did, in the form of a disgusted look. 

"I'm glad everyone's back together." Jieun said shyly after recovering from her bout of sadness. 

"Everyone, after 3." Jungri placed her hand at the bottom and grinned. Bi An followed soon after and so did the rest.

"1,2,3. JUNIPER!" Everyone shouted and cheered at the reconcilation of the group.

Everyone finished filming and was now viewing the end result. 

"Oh my gosh, look at that! HAHAHA! Nora, you look so cute!" Miyoung laughed estatically at the screen and slapped Nora's back continuously. The latter felt irritated and got off the stool, annoyed at her. Jungri snickered,"Our dear maknae also finally looks like a maknae. OH LOOK AT THAT CUTE SMILE." Bi An stared with a deadpanned expression and shook her head. Sigh. 

"Bi An, let's just ignore all of them-" She grabbed the maknae's hand and turned around, only to find Huang Zitao, Park Chanyeol and Oh Sehun standing right behind. Suddenly, Nora felt dizzy and the heat just went straight to her face. 

"Um-uh." Nora could have slapped herself for looking so dumb. Bi An was also speechless but for different things. If Chanyeol saw that video, she would be teased for being all girly-like and flowery and 'lalala' atmosphere. How humiliating. She dodged her line of vision sideways and slowly walked to the other entrance to find some vitamin water in the temporary cafe downstairs. Nora was more than capable to fend for herself.

Tao blinked his eyes child-likely. "Nora?" He asked cutely. "Wh-Why are you here?" She stuttered.

"To see you film your MV?" He said innocently. Nora was completely infatauted and replied with a soft 'ok.' Tao insisted that she sat down and they watched the video together. Tao commented how lovely she looked and as Nora looked at him, he looked completely absorbed in the video. Nora chuckled. Tao was much cuter than her.

Chanyeol chased after the brisk-walking girl who was wearing a navy dress that was frilly. He couldn't contain his laughter and let out a small chuckle. She turned back abruptly to glare at him to which he immediately covered his mouth. She pouted slightly and her heels to the cafe table. He sat down opposite of her and looked at her draining the berry-flavoured drink. "You look cute." He commented suddenly and she choked as the liquid went down the wrong pathway. After coughing non-stop, she just rolled her eyes exasperatedly at him and cliked her tongue at him, "It isn't good to tease me, you are going to get back twofold-"

"I'm being serious though." He smiled the smile that could bring a fangirl to her knees,"And that smile in the MV," 

"Y-You saw?" Bi An was getting redder at the minute.

"Aren't you going to smile like that for me?" He said while resting his head on the table. The cold maknae felt herself melting away. She quickly downed her drink and stood up, "Let's bring some drinks back." Chanyeol nodded with a demure smile and Bi An could feel herself going crazy because for once, she felt Chanyeol was too handsome to be true. 

"We are back-" Chanyeol called out halfway, only to find Jieun and Sehun standing face to face in the room and everyone was just watching intently. 

"Why are you here?" Jieun asked, a little angry. 

"I just thought that-"Sehun tried to explain but to no avail. "Thought what?" Jieun asked with gritted teeth,"Frankly, I don't care. Get out of this room." She got angry on the spur of the moment. Moments before, she had saw Sehun and wanted to apologise for everything but he was with Joy, laughing pretty happily at that. Now he wanted to play buddy-buddy with her? Jieun wouldn't give that a chance. 

He gave a slight disappointed chuckle. "Fine." He pushed her aside and left the room. Seeing Chanyeol outside, he gave a frustrated sigh and kicked the wall, running through his fingers through his hair frustratedly. Bi An looked at Chanyeol.  "Stay outside." She tapped Tao's shoulder and signalled him to go out. He wanted to act pitiful but seeing the intensity in her eyes, he quickly obliged. She locked the door behind him.

Almost all at once, the girls flooded Jieun with questions and most of all, words of comfort.

"I thought you still liked him." Nora said.

"I'm sorry for worrying you all, I was just angry. He had been with Joy a few moments before." Jieun sobbed.

"Oh the girl he was rumoured with?" 

"YOONMI!" Everyone shouted exasperatedly and the girl smiled sheepishly and said sorry.

"I'm sure they were just talking. Are you going to let this affect your relationship? Where's the determined Kang Jieun I know of?" Jungri nagged,"And, don't always expect Sehun to give in to you. Do something for him to earn your trust."

"Jieun. Your secret with your brother. It's up to you whether you want to tell him or not." Bi An spoke up. Jieun just stared ashamedly at the floor. She realised she was in the wrong but jsut didn't had the right push. Now, with the girls' advice, she was a little more confident. She wiped away her tears and stared at them with determination. Oh Sehun. 

Jieun dashed out of the door. Chanyeol and Tao peeked into the room. "Can we come in now?" They asked meekly. Jungri smiled and asked them to go ahead. Tao had a gloomy expression on his face as he bothered Nora and asked her to cheer her up. "That girl, Bi An is so scary." He pretended to cry and leaned on Nora's shoulders. "You ! She's so much younger than you!" She chuckled as he pouted back. 



AUTHOR'S NOTE // HUZZAH, Co-author wrote this. Co-author is proud. Co-author is clueless. Many apologies for getting your characters' character wrong.