Chapter 6

SM's Newest Girl Group - StarLight
header
triangle
CHAPTER.6.
 July 23 2014

The 4 girls were in the middle of practicing for their next performance in SBS with the song YooHoo. They had been promoting their debut album by using mostly Loving U and this time, they wanted to change it up a little. 

They had been practicing for more than 6 hours now and the girls were gradually getting more and more tired. 

"Neoreul saranghana bwa Yoo-Hoo Neoman boyeo Yoo-Hoo" Jieun had sang her part in the chorus line but when Nora stepped forward to sing her line, she caught sight of how pale the other's face was. She instantly stopped and ran over to Jieun. 

"Ji-Jieun ah!" Nora had grasped the girl by her shoulder. "Why are you so pale? Are you sick?" She grew even more worried when she had felt the burning heat emitting from the younger girl. Jieun smiled and shook her head.

"I'm fine,unnie. We should get back to practicing." She said. "We haven't performed this song before and we have to be prepared. It's tomorrow.." She added. However, Nora wasn't hearing any of it. 

"No. You have to rest." She insisted but due to the younger girl's stubborness, she was forced to give up.

"Jieun, maybe you should rest." Even the usually cold Seungyeon spoke up. She somehow couldn't bear to see how weak and frail the other girl looked. 

"The unnies are right, Jieun unnie.." Bian spoke up, looking concerned as well but Jieun's determination in practicing won over their insists. With that, they went back to practicing, picking up from where they stopped.

A couple of minutes later, they were all done with YooHoo and had to practice Female President, their second song for the performance later. They wrapped up their practice with the last song Darling before heading back to their dorm.

July 24, 2014

It was the day of their performance and Jieun had woken up, feeling worst than usual. It was originally supposed to just be an act but now, she really had high fever and was feeling sick to the core. It didn't help that the clothes they were wearing were mostly short. As they waited for their turn in the stage wing, she couldn't stop shivering like a dog who just stepped out of the pool during winter. She had her arms wrapped around herself and looked very pale but she didn't complain or make a sound. She merely kept quiet and waited unlike the usual her who would be cheering for the group. 

"Uhm.." Seungyeon decided to say something. "Starlight, hwaiiting!" She said and Bian nodded along.

"Starlight hwaiiting." She smiled slightly. Nora stared at the two, slightly wide-eyed before breaking out a grin and holding up her fist. 

"Starlight hwaiiting!!" Nora said it the loudest. Jieun who stood at the side, smiled softly at the sight before feeling sick again, wincing softly as she closed her eyes. Cold sweat was forming all over but she still kept it to herself. 

EXO got off stage and Sehun walked straight towards her, smiling softly.

"Jieun-ah!" He grabbed her hand only to feel how cold it was and noticed how pale she looked. Concerned, he pressed the back of his hand against his forehead. Wide-eyed, he looked at her. "You shouldn't be performing like this! What if you faint on stage?" He asked. Jieun shook her head. 

"I can still perform and I will. I can't let the fans who came to see me go home disappointed. I won't faint, don't worry." Jieun mustered some energy and gently pressed his hand before heading up stage with her group. 
 

( Jieun - Jieun [ The one with twin ponytails.] , Nora - Hyosung [The one with curly hair, the 2nd girl to sing]. Seungyeon - Sunhwa [The one with her hair down.]. Bian - Hana [The one with a hair bun.] )
Once they were done with Yoohoo, they got off-stage and got ready for Darling. Sehun had been waiting in the dressing room for Jieun but she brushed past him as Sunhwa pushed him out, telling him that the girls had to change. Jieun felt bad for ignoring him like this but she had to perform. She just had to and maybe this way, the girls can somehow come together, maybe they would learn to care for each other because of her sickness. The girls got changed and headed up stage to perform Darling with Jieun looking even worse than before.

However, Jieun forced a smile on. To those who don't know about her fever would've thought that she was completely healthy.

 
( Jieun - Minah [The one with a half-ponytail and a ribbon on her head.] Nora - Yura [The one with a ponytail]. Bian - Hyeri [The one with short hair]. Seungyeon - Sojin [The one with a half-ponytail without a ribbon. ] )
It was then time for their 3rd performance, Female President. It was also the song that required the most energy from Jieun due to the dance movements and especially the vocalization as it was filled with high notes, possibly even more than Darling so she braced herself. This time, she couldn't really keep her vocals in check anymore. She just sang. Seungyeon, too was tired and made mistakes every now and then but it wasn't as obvious as Jieun.

( Jieun - Minah [ The one with brown hair tied in a ponytail. ]. Nora - Yura [The one with black hair tied in a ponytail.] Seungyeon - Sojin [The one with her hair let down.] Bian - Hyeri [The one with short hair.] )
Around the end of the song, black spots began appearing in Jieun's vision but she kept singing until the end. By then, her vision was blurry and everything spun around her. She stood slightly shakily until she couldn't stand it anymore and just collapsed on the stage. Bian, who was standing next to Jieun caught her right before she landed on the floor, looking shocked.

"Jieun!" Seungyeon was the first one to yell and run over to the said member. "Wake up, Jieun-ah!" She tried calling the said girl. There were murmurs all over the venue by now.

"What's going on?"

"Did Jieun just faint?"

"Is she okay?"

"Wasn't she just alright a few seconds ago?"

Nora tried to pick Jieun up but to no avail. That was when she heard screams from fangirls again and another pair of arms had slipped themselves under Jieun's back and knee before lifting her up effortlessly. She looked up to see Sehun, standing there, still in his performance costume. He was probably the one who was most worried especially since he had ran up the stage without a single care in the world. He carried Jieun bridal style before walking off-stage. 

Once off-stage, Jieun was surrounded by her managers, some idol friends and most importantly, she was surrounded by her group members who looked worried.

Sehun brought her all the way to her manager's van, sending Seungyeon, Nora and Bian off to collect their things along with Jieun's things from the dressing room. Once they were all back in the car, it took off straight for the hospital since they didn't have any other schedule. Jieun rested with her head on Sehun's lap while Seungyeon sat in the very front with the manager. Nora and Bian sat next to each other by the door. 

"Jieun.." Seungyeon bit her lip as she watched the younger girl. If anything happened to her, she'd never forgive herself. She was her unnie, she was supposed to watch out for her and for her well-being but she'd neglected her duties as an older sister and as a leader.

AUTHOR'S NOTE // It was originally supposed to be a plan but then I realized that Jieun was sick so it turned into a real incident instead e n e
and omgg sehun ignored his reputation and just went straight to pick Jieun up.
seungyeon is beginning to realize that she should be more caring and warmer to her dongsaengs. yey e u e 
next chapter would be one at the hospital where they sorta just kick away the block of ice with a huge HI-YA!