Chapter 3

SM's Newest Girl Group - StarLight
header
triangle
DEBUT.STAGE.
 July 14, 2014

It was the day of their official debut as Starlight and the girls were all seated backstage. It has been months since the ex-Juniper members stepped on stage so it was nerve-wrecking not only to Seungyeon but also to them especially Jieun since she now held most of the important parts in the song unlike what she had last time. 

"Unnie." Jieun called Nora who was seated next to her. "Aren't you nervous?" She asked the older girl curiously. Nora nodded. 

"A little." She smiled sheepishly.  Bian stepped into the dressing room, already all ready and instantly took a seat next to Nora but she didn't say anything. She merely sat there. Jieun and Nora looked at each other before glancing at her, both knowing why she was behaving that way. Back when Jungri was still around, they would be chatting and having fun as a way to make them forget about being nervous. Furthermore, this was the exact same dressing room they had when they debuted as Juniper so it would definitely bring back memories. 

Jieun sighed as she got up before sitting down next to Bian.

"Maknae-ah.." She called but Bian had already plugged in her earphones. Jieun sighed and headed back to Nora. "She's slipping back into her old self really fast." She told the older girl as she sent the younger girl a sad glance. "As in the her back during the trainee days where nobody dared approach her." She continued but before Nora could say anything, Seungyeon had stepped into the room with a few familiar people behind her. 

"Sehun oppa!" Jieun's face instantly lit up as she ran over to the said male. 

"Tao!" Nora hopped off her chair as Tao approached her. 

Bian on the other hand, didn't even respond. She merely ignored everyone until Chanyeol sat down next to her. "Bian-ah.." Chanyeol called and Bian looked at him. For the first time in a few months, she smiled and even replied as Chanyeol began talking to her.

Seungyeon on the other hand was seated on one of the dressing room chairs as she talked to Hyuk, probably trying to calm herself down.  Sehun and Jieun were talking and Nora did the same with Tao. In a couple of a minutes, the stage manager informed them that they were going to be going on stage in 5 minutes and asked them to get ready.  The boys had left so that they could get ready as well since they too had their own performances to attend to.

"Girls!" Seungyeon called and everyone gathered around. "Today's our debut. Let's do our best, okay?" The girls nodded in reply with a smile as they placed their hands in the middle. "Shining like the stars, we are," She paused. "STARLIGHT!" They all said together with a grin as they did their little group handshake. With that, they headed to the stage wing where they waited for After School to finish up their performance. 

"Hwaiiting, Starlight!" UEE smiled at the girls as she walked past them. The girls bowed their head with respect as they thanked her softly before heading on stage, standing in their positions.


( Hyorin - Jieun | Soyu - Seungyeon | Dasom - Nora | Bora - Bian )

As they sang on stage, they could hear many ocmments about them from fans who were standing very very closely to the stage.

"Holy- I never knew Jieun could sing like that! I sorta miss her rapping though." 

"OMG! They look so hot! I cannot-" 

"I kinda miss Nora rapping for the group but Bian did a good job too!" 

"I am in love with Seungyeon's voice! She is almost on par with Jieun AND that's a good thing!" 

The comments somehow made the girls smile brighter than before because it meant that the fans liked them.  
 

AUTHOR'S NOTE // Hello o/ Here's their debut stage!