It's Fate

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

It was already past midnight but I drove to the café – again. I was feeling exhausted but I had no mood to go to sleep. I sat at my favourite place again in the café and ordered the same thing. I checked my messages.


From My Secret Texting Partner

How is it? Did you get the award you wanted? :)

 

She remembered. I smiled for a while but wiped off the smile after I knew I didn’t get the award I wanted.

 

I didn’t get the award, someone else did.

 

Don’t be too upset, Ji Yeon. You may not be there yet, but you’re closer than you were before, right? Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. Remember this! 

 

“Here’s your coffee, mister.” The waiter came over.

 

It was a guy. I looked around as usual. No female waitresses today. However, someone at the window caught my eye.

 

I held up my coffee and walked towards her. Her eyes were fixed on her laptop after she looked at her phone and she was furiously clicking away. I cleared my throat and she finally looked up at me. She always didn’t notice my presence. “Can I take a seat here?” I asked her.

 

She nodded and I sat down. I was surprised she actually said yes. “May I help you?” She asked awkwardly when I kept staring at her.

 

“So you’re a photographer for 2PM?” I began the conversation.

 

“Well, yes.” She answered and her eyes fixed on the laptop once again.

 

“That explains all the 2PM photos in your camera.” I nodded to myself.

 

She was shocked again, “Did you look at ALL of my photos?”

 

I couldn’t tell whether she was angry or just purely shocked. “I had to find out who’s the owner of the photographer so I had to look at the photos for clues right, Hailey?” I told her honestly.

 

She shifted her eyes from left to right and leaned back on her chair. “I guess you’re right… Thank you for finding my camera for me.” She thanked me right away. Whoa, her mood changed pretty quickly.

 

“Hold on,” Her expression changed again, “How do you know my name?”

 

“Woo Young called out your name pretty loudly just now,” I said to her.

 

“Ah… that’s right.” She nodded.

 

The way she acted was like an innocent teenager. I didn’t know whether to pity her or laugh at her. I just folded my arms and sighed. We stopped interacting as I enjoyed my coffee while she just kept looking at her laptop. Then, she noticed me again and asked, “Er, may I ask why are you sitting here with me?”

 

I put down my coffee and rested my arms on the table, “Well, I was going to probe you further with the question I asked just now.”

 

I expected her to forget about it – and I was right. “What question?” She asked.

 

“I suppose this is the position where you took my picture, right?” I used my fingers to make a rectangle in front and pointed to my favourite empty seat.

 

She looked down and regretted asking the question. I prompted her when she didn’t answer me, “Well?”

 

“You know I’m a photographer. I tend to take pictures when I find the mood to do so, don’t read too much in it.” She said while typing on her laptop.

 

I also noticed another thing. She didn’t feel the jitters around me. I didn’t mean to brag but after all, I’m Yong Jun Hyung from BEAST but she talked to me as if I was just another stranger on the streets. I was baffled why she could be so calm around me. “You know I’m Jun Hyung right?” I asked her.

 

“Well, yeah?”

 

“Then… why don’t you behave like… you know, around celebrities…” I couldn’t make myself say the words out directly but obviously she understood what I was getting at.

 

“I work for 2PM and happened to see many celebrities. I think celebrities are just like ordinary people. Plus, I need to be professional in this line. I don’t feel nervous talking to celebrities.” She faced me and explained.

 

I was in awe.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

He just looked at me. I waved my hands in front of him, “Hello?”

 

He snapped out of it. It looked like he wasn’t expecting me to behave so calmly in front of him. Well, I admitted he was kind of good looking but I didn’t find the need to go nuts over him – celebrity or not. He asked another question again and honestly, I was getting sick of him asking questions, “Why are you still here so late?”

 

“Same goes for you.”

 

“I’m here to grab a coffee. What about you?” He prompted me again.

 

I wasn’t sure why did he keep talking to me when I had no relation to him except that he chanced upon my camera. I was busy with my work that was due tomorrow and he kept distracting me. I sighed and told him, “I’m trying to do my work here.”

 

He leaned closer and I leaned back on my chair. I frowned and he nodded to himself. He commented, “You should sleep too late, your eye bags are visible.”

 

I widen my eyes in shock and touched the bottom of my eyes in horror. I tried to use the laptop screen as a mirror but failed. He laughed and took another sip of his coffee. I checked my phone if Ji Yeon had replied me but nothing. I was a little sad. I was hoping Ji Yeon could text me so that I had another reason not to face Jun Hyung.

 

“Waiting for a message?” Jun Hyung asked randomly.

 

“Why… Why are you even sitting with me?” I blurted out the question that I wanted to ask the most.

 

“I find you very peculiar,” Jun Hyung answered.

 

“I’m not an animal you see in the zoo, Yong Jun Hyung!” I answered back.

 

Jun Hyung was slightly offended that I used his full name, “Miss, I don’t think you’re older than me. I’m 22 years old.”

 

Oh, that’s great, “I’m 22 too.”

 

“My birthday is on 19 December.” He declared proudly.

 

I was surprised, very surprised this time. “Are you serious?” I asked with a higher pitch.

 

He was a little baffled, “Well, yes? Why should I lie about my birthday?”

 

“My birthday is on 19 December too,” I told him truthfully.

 

His smile widened brightly and he shook my hand without my permission, “Oh really? Wow that must be fate!”

 

I removed my hand away from his awkwardly and tucked my hair behind my ear, “Er, sure.”

 

I was awkward with guys, especially with guys that I had just met. I might look very calm on the outside but if they ever touched me, in the slightest way, my face would blush uncontrollably immediately. It was embarrassing. I hoped he didn’t notice but I guessed the colour of my face changed too quickly.

 

“Wow, you’re blushing? Because of me?” Jun Hyung peeked at my face and smiled.

 

“I need to go!” I packed up my things quickly and left Jun Hyung sitting there alone.

 

“Hey!” Jun Hyung called out but I didn’t listen to his last words and left.

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Hey!” I called out for her but she was out of the door, “I haven’t even asked for your number.”

 

I took out my phone again as I didn’t reply the message a moment ago because of Hailey.

 

I just met the most interesting girl today. It was fun.

-

 

Author's Note:

If you have any questions, you can always ask me on my formspring! Don't be shy. :)