Chanced Upon You

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Male Artiste of the Year, please…” Yo Seob kept chanting to himself when we’re in the waiting room.

 

We’re touching up on our make up before we headed off the stage for a performance. Today was the music awards – every singer’s most nerve wrecking moment. We’re up against big groups like Big Bang, 2PM, SHINEE and DBSK. I knew it was a strong competition but I hoped we would win.

 

I played it coolly but I knew my stomach was going to explode anytime. I left the tense waiting room and walked around the hallway. I reached the vending machine. I tossed a coin and got a can of coke from the machine. Then I spotted something bulky on the table beside the vending machine.

 

“What’s that?” I said to myself and went towards it.

 

It was a camera. A very heavy one. I looked around to find no one. Well, did someone accidentally leave it here? Maybe the photos inside would give me a clue. After much thinking, I thought it was the right thing to do although it was like prying other people’s privacy.

 

I saw the most recent photo in the camera. I swore I almost choked on my coke.

 

It was me. At the café. I was wearing my glasses with a very serious look.

 

Why did this person have a picture of me… at the café? Was this person a fan of me? However, I didn’t remember any fan girls having a professional camera like that. In fact, the photos of me were very well taken. I secretly wished I could keep them.

 

I smiled to myself and kept looking at the pictures. The emotions and expressions were taken very well. Then I moved on to the next photo, they were all photos of 2PM. 2PM? So she’s a 2PM fan?

 

However the photos were not a fan would take. All the photos were on some special events or professional photoshoots. I knew fans wouldn’t be able to capture such photos. My conclusion would be that she’s a professional photographer.

 

“Excuse me! What are you doing?” I heard a gentle voice calling out from behind.

 

I turned around to see this slightly skinny girl with smart casual wear. She was holding onto a can of coffee and her ponytail was tied neatly at the back. I was momentarily stunned and I glanced at where her eyes were on. The camera. I asked her politely, “Miss, does this camera belongs to you?”

 

She looked blankly at me and had her hands over her chest, “Thank god it’s still here!”

 

She didn’t even once look at me. I handed the camera to her without any words and looked at her carefully. She inspected the camera carefully, “Luckily it’s still intact!” She heaved a sigh of relief and touched her camera with care.

 

“Are you expecting me to spoil your camera?” I asked.

 

She finally took a glance at me and shook her head while smiling, “No, I don’t mean it that way. I treasure my camera very much and the photos inside are very important. If I lose it, it’s the end of my career…”

 

She didn’t seem to notice I was Jun Hyung from BEAST also known as the person in her camera.I nodded and she went back to look at her camera. I couldn’t help but ask her the question that was bothering me, “Don’t you know who I am?”

 

She was distracted by me and scrutinised my face carefully. I gave her a smile and she finally got it. She had one of her hands over cutely and pointed at me, “Jun… Hyung?”

 

I smirked and breathed a sigh of relief. I thought she really didn’t recognise me. Then she regained consciousness and looked back at her camera. She gasped loudly. Her reactions were very appealing to look at. Everything she did was very comical. She stuttered, “Did… did you happen to see my photos?”

 

Ah, she realised. I smirked and nodded. “Oh my god!” She cried in English and looked down as she bit her lips nervously.

 

I leaned towards her but not too close in case she was scared by me, “Why did you take photos of me at the café?”

 

Hae In’s POV

 

“Hailey! What are you doing there? It’s almost time!” Woo Young shouted from his waiting room.

 

Thank you, Woo Young. I replied to him by nodding. Woo Young caught Jun Hyung standing beside me and he waved enthusiastically, “Oh, hello, Jun Hyung!”

 

Jun Hyung waved back. Taking this chance, I ran back to 2PM’s waiting room without meeting Jun Hyung’s eyes again. I was right. He sounded very conceited and proud. I was very intimidated by his very presence. He looked at my photos! How dared he invade my privacy! Why did he have to be the one who looked through my photos? I coincidentally took the photos of him recently and he had to chance upon it. What bad luck…

 

I checked my phone for messages.

 

From Ji Yeon,

Hi Hae In, my school is giving out awards later and I hope I get something. I have been working very hard for this award. Wish me luck!

 

My nerves calmed down after I got Ji Yeon’s message. I replied.

 

Hello, Ji Yeon! Really? I wish you would get one! However, if you don’t, don’t be despair okay? Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. :)

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

Hailey? Interesting name.

 

Later on at the Music Awards

 

“And the Male Artiste of the Year goes to… 2PM!” The MC announced loudly and cheers could be heard from the audience behind me.

 

I looked at my members. We all stood up together to congratulate 2PM who was sitting in front of me. We mouth ‘Congratulations’ and they bowed to us. Doo Joon was giving a hug to every one of them since they had trained together before in Hot Blood.

 

We sat down and I patted Yo Seob on the shoulder. He looked disappointed but he tried to conceal his sadness to himself. I whispered to him, “I’ll buy you ice cream later ok?”

 

He nodded cheerfully and clapped for 2PM. 2PM was making their speech now while Woo Young was starting to cry on his own while Nichkhun was patting his shoulder like I did to Yo Seob. However, the one person below the stage caught my eye.

 

She was taking her camera and clicking away. She positioned herself in the way that she would get all the angles in the right places. She did not smile and was serious in her work. She adjusted the camera for her own good and professionally snapped photos of 2PM.

 

Hailey. I smiled. I remembered her name.

 

Finally, 2PM got down the stage and Hailey was checking her photos while following 2PM to the backstage. She was too focused on looking at her photos and she accidentally tripped on SHINEE’s Onew’s leg. She was stunned and apologised profusely while Onew was saying it’s alright. She blushed madly and hurriedly followed 2PM inside.

 

I laughed to myself uncontrollably. Yo Seob looked at me with confused eyes. I pursed my lips to stop laughing but he asked anyway, “What are you laughing at?”

 

“Nothing in particular. Nothing.”