Favourite Member

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Jun Hyung, your song is very well-received! Good job.” The CEO praised me.

 

“Thank you, I will work harder,” I bowed humbly and left the room.

 

My song was on the charts, even without promotions. After the whole issue was over and done with, everyone praised me for composing the song. I was happy about the achievement that I had made.

 

I sighed sadly. I just busted my chance of seeing Hae In yesterday. I was so close yet so far. I had to tell her I wasn’t coming tonight. I hoped she wouldn’t think I was avoiding her or anything. The fans were going nuts for me just now. I didn’t even get to eat my cheesecake. As if my hand was acting out of its own accord, my phone was out from my pocket again.

 

Hi Hae In again. Today, I got back my test results. After much difficulty, I gained recognition from others and they praised that I’ve done well. I am so happy. I hope you’re happy for me too!

 

I smiled to myself. Test results? Wow, the last time you took a test in school was few years ago, Jun Hyung. However, it wasn’t a lie. I definitely got some recognition and I was happy so I wanted to share it with her.

 

From My Secret Texting Partner,

Really? See? I told you that you can do it, Ji Yeon. :) I am very happy for you. I’m pleased you didn’t give up yourself in despair. You were meant for greater things.

 

I smiled at her messages. I noticed she always used a :) for every message. It was very comforting and cute at the same time. I loved the way she texted. It kept you wanting from more and you would be anxious to know what she would reply next. Before I replied, she sent me another message. It was unusual for her to do that but I opened the message with curiosity.

 

I was just wondering… Are you a BEAST fan? It’s very random but I’m curious.

 

I was shocked at her message. I couldn’t believe this but my hands were trembling, not knowing what to text her. BEAST? My own group? How was I going to answer that question without making it obvious that I was one of the BEAST members? However, in the end, I couldn’t help but be conceited.

 

I like BEAST! I listen to all of their songs. I think they’re great! Are you a B2UTY too?

 

B2UTY? What’s that?

 

I sighed after seeing her asking what B2UTY was. She didn’t even know our fans are called B2UTY? Man, she must not be a fan of BEAST. I was slightly disappointed.

 

It’s what BEAST called their fans. So I’m a B2UTY! Do you listen to their songs then?

 

I cringed when I called myself a B2UTY.

 

My friend just told me to listen to a song and I think it’s quite good. It’s soothing to the ears. I think it’s called On Rainy Days? J Who’s your favourite member in there?

 

I rolled around my bed in happiness. She listened to BEAST songs! That’s not bad for a start. I should introduce more of my songs to her. I got pretty excited and replied her with enthusiasm. Then I saw her question. My favourite member? I blushed.

 

I love On Rainy Days. My favourite member? I like Jun Hyung. He’s my bias. What about you?

 

I screamed into my pillow. I couldn’t believe I just said my bias was myself. Now, I did sound like a crazy fan girl. I could feel the blood rushing to my face. I walked up and down to cool myself down. I had never felt so embarrassed while texting.

 

Hmm, I don’t have a favourite since I only heard one of their songs but the only person that caught my eye was Jun Hyung. He’s the rapper from BEAST right? :)

 

I almost threw my phone up in the air when I knew she only had eyes for me and she knew I was a rapper. I didn’t know why caused my reaction like that but it was amazing to know my secret texting partner liked me from all the other members.

 

Yes! He’s the almighty rapper from BEAST. He’s great, isn’t it?

 

She replied and my face changed.

 

Well, you know I listened to On Rainy Days and he coughed in the song. I thought he really made a mistake. I just thought he was weird. And he looked really arrogant as a person. I don’t know!

 

I looked arrogant?! I looked in the mirror at myself. Did I look arrogant? Wow, I didn’t know I give of the vibe of being arrogant. I gave a big smile and looked myself in the mirror again. Did I smile too little to make her think that I was a cold person. I was a little sad but replied her.

 

Actually he’s not arrogant at all! Inside, he’s very caring especially to s. You should spend some time researching on him. He’s not as cold as you think.

 

Did I just shamelessly promoting myself here? Aish, Jun Hyung, what’re you doing trying to defend yourself?

 

I see, maybe my judging is wrong but I don’t really listen to idol groups much. :) Seems like you like this Jun Hyung a lot. I hope he knows he have such great fans like you!

 

Hae In’s POV

 

I sent the message. Well, I was more than sure this Ji Yeon was there at the café. She’s also a diehard Jun Hyung fan. I chuckled to myself. I wondered why all these girls were so crazy about idols in Korea. I had been working with 2PM for some time now and they’re just regular kids that were dorky and funny. Everytime I saw them performing all suave on stage, I would find it embarrassing before they’re not like that in real life.

 

Then I received another message.

 

From Woo Young,

Hailey, remember tomorrow we’re having a big event so take good photos of us!

 

Oh yes, tomorrow 2PM was invited to a music awards. All of the idol groups would be there. I prepared my camera beforehand. I hoped I could take good photos of them if they were to win anything.