Not Me

My Secret Texting Partner

Hae In’s POV

 

Jun Hyung was gone when I woke up in the morning. I was a little down after that. I remembered him singing the song before I closed my eyes to sleep. It was extremely beautiful to hear him sing. I knew he was busy and he couldn’t stay over for as long as he wanted. I was relieved he didn’t because he would get into trouble if he did. However, I received many texts from him every day, asking me to stay strong. Other than that, he also asked me about basic necessities.

 

From Jun Hyung

Are you having difficulty going to the toilet?

Please don’t get out of bed all the time!

Are you having your meals regularly? Please don’t miss your meals.

I’ll visit you when I have the time.

Is Min Yeong taking care of you well? She better be.

 

I could tell Jun Hyung cared for me but I was not in the mood to reply to his messages. Even if I did, the replies were short. I was bitter about my miscarriage. I couldn’t blame anyone except my own stupidity. However, no one knew about my miscarriage except Jun Hyung, Min Yeong and Ji Hoon. Min Yeong had told Ji Hoon about it. He even booked a flight immediately. He would be here tomorrow. Knowing that Ji Hoon would be right beside me made my heart felt so much better.

 

I didn’t know how I would face Ji Hoon. I felt ashamed of myself. I lost our baby just like that. He must be very angry with me. I had been rejecting his calls all the time because I would breakdown after hearing his voice.

 

Suddenly the door opened.

 

It’s him.

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

I had requested from my manager to let me off today so I could visit Hae In again. It was my third time I would be visiting her but I was still worried for her. Now, I couldn’t think of my own feelings for her. I just knew she needed my support.

 

I even bought some tonics for her so she would recover well. I knew I couldn’t help her mentally because she just lost her own child. I could never understand a feeling of losing a child. Thus, the only thing I could do was to build her health up physically.

 

Although I was so drained from my schedule and training, I knew I had to find the stamina to go to the hospital and look after her. After all, she was all alone by herself. She needed some support, didn’t she? I finally reached the door and I opened it while calling out Hae In’s name, “Hae In! I’m here!”

 

It was the wrong timing.

 

I witnessed Ji Hoon planting a kiss on Hae In’s forehead while Hae In was tearing again. Hae In was safe in his arms and she looked very pleased to see Ji Hoon. As Ji Hoon was wrapping his arms around Hae In, I felt my face changed and it wasn’t a good expression. I froze at the door. They saw me at the door. Ji Hoon stood up and bowed, “Annyounghaseyo, Jun Hyung. You’re here to visit Hae In?”

 

“You came back again?” I asked him. It sounded pretty rude but I couldn’t help but asked it in that manner. I should be happy that he came back for Hae In but somehow, my heart didn’t want him to be here with her.

 

Ji Hoon looked sad as he touched Hae In’s face briefly, “Yes, I have to. My girlfriend needs me. She needs my support now so I came back.”

 

I looked at Hae In’s face. She definitely looked better when Ji Hoon was here with her. I smiled a little at her and turned back to Ji Hoon. I put down the tonics on the table and bowed, “Then I’ll leave Hae In in your hands then. She must be happy that you’re here with her. Take care of her.” I looked at her for the last time and left the room.

 

“Jun Hyung!” She called for me but I ignored her words.

 

I walked briskly to the washroom and splashed my face with water. I punched the mirror and panted. I didn’t know why my heart feels so painful. I should be happy that Ji Hoon was responsible enough to come back for her but another part of me didn’t want him to be here. I wanted to be the one supporting Hae In. I overestimated myself.

 

The person that she needed right now is him – not me.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

“Jun Hyung!” I called for him but he left the room already.

 

“He’s really nice; he even bought tonics for you.” Ji Hoon touched the tonics and smiled. That was I liked about Ji Hoon. He’s understanding and mature in his thinking. I hardly saw him jealous over any guy around me. He even came back one day earlier for me. I was touched by his little gesture.

 

Jun Hyung was the complete opposite. He was a person who had lied to me before. He’s also playful and emotional. However, he could be very serious when he concentrated. I touched the keychain that he gave to me.

 

Why on earth was I comparing between the both of them anyway?

 

Jun Hyung, could you please tell me what’s on your mind?

-

 

I was out of the hospital after my condition had stabilised. Min Yeong and Ji Hoon were there to fetch me out of the hospital back home. Since the last awkward visit, Jun Hyung had never contacted me – not even to ask how I was for the past days. I was worried because this was the second time he did this to me.

 

Jun Hyung, I’m going back home today… just informing you.

 

I got another feeling he wouldn’t reply me again. I sighed and packed up my bags with Min Yeong and Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon placed his arm around my waist to help me up, “Let’s go, Hailey.” I smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

 

“Thank you for coming back to see me, Ji Hoon. But I know this is your exam period and you have to go back for your education. I’m alright with Min Yeong, really.” I persuaded him. He had been with me for several weeks now and I didn’t want him to sacrifice his education because of me.

 

“It’s worth it, Hailey. You’re in this state because of me. You’re my girlfriend and I have the responsibility to take care of you.” He assured me.

 

I held his hand and squeezed it lightly, “I know you love me very much. I do, too. But please, if you really love me, go back to the States. You’re only a few months away from a degree.” I could tell my eyes were sad and he was reluctant to leave me alone in Korea.

 

“Come with me.” He said to me firmly but not in a forceful manner.

 

I couldn’t comprehend his words fast enough, “What?”

 

“Come with me… to the States.” He repeated himself with a better explanation and made his tone softer when I hesitated.

 

“But…” I was lost for words.

 

He held my hands tightly and elaborated his words, “After this accident, I’ve realised how much I can’t be here for you physically. I want to be there for you, Hae In. Every single second.” I pursed my lips as he finished his words.

 

Somehow, he knew what I was thinking about. He let go of my hands and smiled slightly.

 

“I’m just saying… but I’m serious. You can take your time to consider it. I’ll leave the States tomorrow.” He kissed my forehead and my heart skipped two beats. His kisses were also so gentle and assuring. I just smiled at him, not wanting to bring up the idea of going to the States.

 

There were too much things to ponder about. Leaving to the States wasn’t a very good idea for now. My career was right where I wanted. It was good and the salary was going to be enough to cover the medical fees. Occasionally, Jun Hyung’s face would pop out in my mind as I thought of leaving the country. I was startled by it but shrugged it off.

-

 

Author's Note:

Just in case you guys are wondering, Hae In didn't know she was pregnant with Ji Hoon's child. She knew that after she was miscarriaged.

I hope I cleared out some misunderstandings there. :)