My Name Is

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

To my expectations, she replied.

 

From My Secret Texting Partner

Really? I’m so happy for you! :) Oh yes, I still remember you. I knew you are capable enough to overcome your obstacles in life. Never give up, stranger. Also, I’m very honoured to be the one that shared your joy. I hope your upcoming life will be smoother!

 

I laughed and cringed a little at the contact name that I gave the person. It was weird but adorable. However, I knew it was the time to know more about this unknown person that had been such a great motivator to me. I just hoped the person wouldn’t think I was asking too much of a favour.

 

I know this seems a little rude but I’m just wondering who you are. After all, you really sound very optimistic and inspiring. Well, mind if I ask you some questions about you?

 

I hesitated, afraid that he/she would reject the idea and didn’t want to know the other party as much as I did. In the end, I still sent the message bravely and waited.

 

Well, I couldn’t really think of any reason why you would want to know me but I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have for me. :) To tell you the truth, I’m quite curious on who you really are as well. You can ask first, I’ll ask you later. :)

 

He/She was also curious? Oh well, it didn’t seem as bad as I thought anyway. I asked the most basic question of all. Well, maybe three questions.

 

Thank you! Keke. Are you a male or female? What’s your age? Are you in Seoul?

 

I bit my lip. Were the questions too much? Heck, who cared. I sent and waited. What if he/she was a creepy old man or woman? I smacked my head again and again. Jun Hyung, you shouldn’t judge a person by their looks!

 

I’m a female. I’m 22 years old this year. Yes, I am working in Seoul now. Do I disappoint you? 

 

What?! A young female in Seoul? How lucky could I get? I had my doubts but I shrugged it off. I didn’t think she would lie to me after she really did help me.

 

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that at all. And no, I’m not disappointed. By the way, I’m 22 too! We’re ‘friends’. I can’t believe such coincidence but I’m in Seoul too.

 

I hoped I wasn’t scaring her too much.

 

Really?! Wow, this is really cool. Are you a female too? 

 

I stopped and looked at the message. Should I tell her that I’m a guy? Suddenly, I stopped messaging her for a few minutes and thought to myself. If I told her I’m a guy, somehow she would figure out that I’m the showbiz. I couldn’t possibly tell her I’m Jun Hyung from BEAST right? She might be a fangirl for all I knew. I kept biting my lip while pondering on whether I should lie.

 

I sighed and started typing in.

 

Yes, I’m a girl and I’m still studying in Seoul University. Nice to meet you, chingu! Where are you working now?

 

I tried to evade the gender answer by asking her job. Not that I was curious. I was starting to feel nervous now since she could doubt me anytime. However, she was completely fooled, well that’s what I think.

 

Wow, still studying. Nice to meet you too! I’m working at a café actually. :)

 

My eyes lit up. I asked her immediately on which café she was working at but I gasped. What if she asked me to meet up with her?!

 

Well, I’m working at Sacré Bleu Café but most likely you wouldn’t find me there because my work hours are very irregular. However, you can always drop by there for a drink. I can assure you the coffee and service is fantastic. 

 

I was relieved. Luckily, she didn’t ask me to meet up with her but the back of my mind I was wondering why she didn’t want to. It was suspicious but concealing my identity was the utmost importance.

 

Oh I think I live very far from that café and I don’t have the time to go there too. L Anyway, let’s not lose contact. I need to go soon. Goodnight!

 

I was very sleepy by then. I had a schedule tomorrow but I was reluctant to end the conversation.

 

Oh wait! I still don’t know your name! My name is Hae In. 

 

Oh damn, I needed to think of a name quickly if not she would suspect. I thought of one quickly and typed it down.

 

My name is Ji Yeon. Yong Ji Yeon.

-

 

Author's Note:

Two chapters. Thank you for subscribing and commenting, guys! :) In case you're wondering where's Hae In's point of view (POV), it's coming up in the next chapter. Stay tune.

P/S: I just noticed Jun Hyung looked really white in the picture above LOL! But still very good-looking.