Careless

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

Where are you, Hae In? I see 2PM members around the corner but you’re not with them.

 

I sent my text and waited for a reply. However, there was no reply. It had been two weeks since our first ‘date’ together. We had been contacting each other frequently as usual and gave support to each other. Hae In was much busier these days as she took really long to reply to my texts.

 

I looked at my phone and sighed. Suddenly, Doo Joon took away my phone without my permission and I was taken aback. “Yah, Doo Joon! Give me back my phone!” He waved it up in the air and looked at my phone.

 

He was too fast for me and he brought the phone closer to his eyes, “Who’s ‘My Secret Texting Partner’?” He asked and I snatched my phone back. I glared at him but I was too speechless to answer his question. He raised one eyebrow and folded his arms, “Who’s your secret texting partner? Or… your secret girlfriend to be exact.”

 

“She’s not my girlfriend!” I retorted and put my phone into my pocket.

 

Doo Joon said, “Gotcha! So she’s a girl!”

 

I smacked my forehead after falling into his trap. He placed one arm around my shoulder and whispered to me, “You became frantic after I took your phone. Tell me – who’s that special girl and what’s with the weird contact name?” He nudged me continuously and I got a little anxious.

 

“It’s none of your business, Doo Joon!” I flicked his arm away and sat down on the chair.

 

He placed a chair beside me and probed again, “Do you like her?”

 

I froze at the sudden question but my phone saved me. It started ringing and I picked up the phone immediately. “Yeoboseyo?” I answered and left the room… to avoid Doo Joon’s questions.

 

“Jun Hyung! It’s me.” It was clearly Hae In’s voice.

 

“Hae In! Why did you call me?”

 

“Ah, I was thinking I’m sorry for not replying your texts so I called to see how you’re doing.” She was a little embarrassed.

 

“I just finished a performance. 2PM’s up next. Speaking of which, why aren’t you with 2PM today?”

 

“I am! It’s just that I’m at the backstage now because I need to run some errands there… Ahhhhh!!!” Hae In screamed loudly and an extremely loud thud could be heard on my phone.

 

I panicked as I could hear Hae In dropping the phone and I called out to her, “Hae In! Hae In! What’s going on? Please say something! Hae In!” She didn’t answer me neither did she hang up the phone. Something might have gone wrong. I got reminded that she said she was at the backstage. I ran as fast as I could to the backstage, hopefully nothing was wrong with her.

 

I witnessed a huge commotion around the backstage, including some celebrities there. I asked some of them to make way so I could see what they were doing. Hae In was lying down unconscious and her head was bleeding furiously. I moved her head up gently and placed her head on my thigh. Her face was getting paler as the bleeding never stopped.

 

I scanned around the surroundings and ordered a person to call for the ambulance. I kept calling her name but she didn’t respond. “Please let nothing happen to you, Hae In…” I whispered to myself.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

“Please let nothing happen to you, Hae In…” This sentence kept replaying in my mind.

 

I could feel myself being in my dreamland. I was dizzy but it felt so unreal. I slowly opened my eyes to find some figures hovering around me. They were blurry and I shook my head slightly to get a sense of what’s going on.

 

“Hae In!” I heard someone calling my name. “Hae In!” The person called for me anxiously again. I could recognise the voice immediately. I reached out my hand and touched the person’s arm. The person gripped my hand tightly and said, “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m alright.” I answered weakly.  I used another hand to feel for my head. It was seriously bandaged and a slight touch of it made me dizzy again.

 

“It’s good that you’re okay.” Min Yeong said and sighed. I was still holding onto her arm.

 

The doctor was writing some stuff on his clipboard and a nurse was helping me with the blanket. I released it and asked around, “How did I get here?”

 

“Don’t you remember? I heard you were at the backstage and something dropped down from the ceiling and hit you. After that, you fainted and your head was bleeding like crazy!” Min Yeong used her hands and pictured the whole incident to me.

 

I laughed slightly and said, “You’re exaggerating…” And then I remembered something, “Ah, Min Yeong. Where’s my phone?” I searched and she handed it to me where it was lying on the side table. I remembered I was on the phone with Jun Hyung. He sent me a text.

 

From Jun Hyung

Hae In! Please reply me this after you wake up. How are you? Is your head hurting? Are you alright? I know nothing bad will happen to you.

 

He knew I was injured. I asked Min Yeong anxiously, “Did… anyone else come and visit me?”

 

She shook her head and said, “No. I know someone called the ambulance and informed me about your injury. So I came here right after class.”

 

My heart fell and I replied to him.

 

I’m okay. They had a bandage on me but I think it’s nothing serious. How did you know I was injured?

 

“Hailey, I’ll go home and pack some belongings for you since you need to be hospitalised for a few days. I’ll be back soon, okay?” Min Yeong patted my shoulder and left the ward.

 

Jun Hyung replied immediately.

 

Well, after you passed out. I came over to find you and I found you lying on the floor. Can I visit you later?

 

So Jun Hyung was the one who brought me to the hospital? My heart was pounding really fast. I replied a ‘Yes’ to him and he said he would visit me tonight. I put down my phone and smiled to myself.