Never A Chance

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Ah! I’m sorry!” I apologised as I bumped into someone at the hallway. It was my fault; I didn’t look where I was walking.

 

“It’s okay… Ah, Jun Hyung!” She exclaimed and I was happy to see her face again.

 

Hae In was out of the hospital and she looked even better than before. As usual, she was holding onto her camera but this time, with her bag. I saw something sparkling hanging at the bag – it was my keychain gift to her. She used it. I was pleased. I smiled and pointed to the keychain. She took a look and laughed, “Yeah, I really love your little gift.”

 

“Don’t mention it.”

 

She looked at her watch and said to me, “Jun Hyung, I have to get going now. I’m leaving early today. I’m fetching someone from the airport. Goodbye!”

 

“Who…” I wanted to ask her who was it but she walked briskly away from me and left the hallway. I shrugged. I was just glad at the fact she used my gift after all.

 

I had some free time left to myself so I headed to a shopping mall myself. I passed by a jewellery shop. Then I received a text.

 

From My Secret Texting Partner

Sorry for leaving in a huff. I know BEAST is preparing for the next album. I know you will be worried about the success of the album but don’t fret, Jun Hyung.

All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. I’ll be here if you need me. :)

 

I smiled at her text. I touched my chest to hear my heart flutter. My heart would be like this even when I received a text from her. My heart would go insane every time I touched her. The feeling was absurd but amazing.

 

I got reminded of the first time I got a gift for her.

 

I took out a small keychain out and handed it to her. She took it and examined it. It was a keychain of a camera – a very sparkling camera. Her eyes shimmered when she saw the sparkles of the keychain. The ends of my lips curved upwards and my teeth were showing. “How do you know I love sparkling stuff? Whoa, I love it! I really love it! Thank you, Jun Hyung!” She exclaimed excitedly.

 

“She loves sparkling things.” I said to myself and faced the jewellery shop. I should do what my heart was telling me to do. I stepped into the jewellery shop after much thinking. I looked at the different necklaces they had and one caught my eye.

 

 

 “Can you wrap this up?” I told the saleswoman and she compiled. I smiled to myself as I admired the sparkles on the necklace. “Is she going to like this?” I thought to myself and placed the necklace back into the box.

 

I was at her apartment’s lobby. I called her phone. “Yeboseyo?” She answered brightly as usual.

 

“Hae In-ah. I need to talk to you right now. I’m at your lobby, can you come and meet me?” I said nervously.

 

“Really? I have something to tell you too! I’ll be right down.” She hung up the phone.

 

I intertwined my fingers together. I breathed in and out deeply for many times. I was nervous. I had already rehearsed my lines many times and I didn’t want to screw up. I walked up and down the lobby in anxiety, waiting for her. I whispered, “Hae In, after the months of getting along, I found out that I like you very much. Would you want to be my girlfriend?”

 

I cringed at my attempt but it was time for me to get my message across to her. I heard some footsteps from the lift and I turned around. I had the present in one hand. It was indeed Hae In… but there was another guy next to her.

 

He had light brown hair and was slightly taller than me. He had a soft-looking face and warm smile. The next thing was Hae In was holding onto his arm freely and her smile was undeniable. I didn’t know what to say. Hae In called my name loudly, “Jun Hyung!”

 

I waved to her awkwardly and placed the present into my pocket. She smiled at the guy warmly and introduced, “Oppa, this is Jun Hyung from BEAST. He’s my very good friend I met in showbiz.” I shook his hand politely and bowed. She continued by looking at me, “Jun Hyung, this is my boyfriend, Ji Hoon.”

 

My face fell. I tried not to show it and smiled widely for her. “You never told me you had a boyfriend…” I said and asked, “Is this what you want to tell me?”

 

“Well, yes!” She exclaimed and giggled, “Since you’re my good friend, it’s only right for me to introduce him to you right?”

 

“Yeah… sure…” My voice was weak but I smiled.

 

“What is it that you want to tell me?” She asked eagerly.

 

“Oh,” I was taken aback and was relieved that I prepared another present for her, “I told you BEAST was coming up with a new album right? Well, the albums aren’t officially on sales yet but I reserved two albums for you. With signatures too. I hope you like it.”

 

“Whoa, thanks! Jun Hyung, you’re the best!” She took them and bowed.

 

Her boyfriend was also happy that I was very approachable and friendly. I smiled back at him and he nodded, “Thank you for being so patient with her. She’s a bother sometimes!”

 

“Yah!” She slapped Ji Hoon’s shoulder and I felt a prick in my heart. She looked at me and said, “We’re heading to dinner now, do you want to come?”

 

“It’s okay, I’ve eaten.” I rejected.

 

“Then… I’ll see you someday, Jun Hyung.” She was slightly disappointed and left off with Ji Hoon.

 

I took out the present I was supposed to give her. I squeezed the present. “I should have known that such a wonderful would be attached… Why am I such a freaking idiot?” I thought to myself and walked towards the rubbish bin. My hand was already in the bin but I refused to let go. I sighed and gave up. I took up the present again. I didn’t have the heart to throw it away.

 

I kicked the rubbish bin in anger and left her lobby silently.

-

 

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, sorry for late updates. I've been busy right now and updates will be irregular. Thanks for being patient and 158 subscribers already! :')

I have to admit the story is a little draggy now but thank you for the support. I hope I don't disappoint. :)