Believe In Me

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Look, I did not plagiarize the bloody song. The song is my own originality, my own work! After working with me for so many years, how can you doubt me?” I flared up and threw the pieces of paper on the floor with anger.

 

Doo Joon and the rest of the members just looked down. “You know we want to believe you too but the similarity of the two songs just cannot be denied, Jun Hyung. We cannot close one eye on this issue. Trust me, we will all support you.” Doo Joon placed his hand on my shoulder.

 

I flicked off his hand away and he was taken aback by my fury. I wasn’t the type of person to vent out my anger like that on the members. I loved them, I truly did. However, after seeing all the eyes staring at me, I knew they were suspecting me, not believing a word I had said. “Forget it. I’m not admitting to the problem. It’s a coincidence that my song sounds like the European song, I did NOT copy it.” I said it for the last time.

 

“CEO wants to speak to you,” Doo Joon finished our conversation with just one sentence.

 

I sighed and walked out the room without seeing all of their faces. I knocked on the door and went into the office. The CEO was back facing me, looking at the scenery outside his office through the window. He spotted me sitting on the chair and came beside me. “Explain.” He commanded.

 

I leaned back on the chair and told him truthfully, “I have explained to everyone. I did not plagiarize the song. It is my own originality, boss.”

 

He nodded and sat back in his large chair. He rubbed his temple and told me his decision, “I’ll tell the media it’s a pure coincidence. I’ll tell them you apologize for the reckless mistake and it won’t happen again.”

 

“What?! But I didn’t do anything wrong and I’m not apologizing! I wrote the song even before I debut,” I stood up and banged on the table.

 

The CEO followed suit and stood up, “Look, if you don’t want to ruin the reputation of BEAST, you better stick with my decision and follow my lead. Apologize and say you didn’t mean it.”

 

“No, I’m not going to do that,” I was persistent because I had my rights to my very own composed song.

 

“Look, Jun Hyung. If you’re going to be stubborn like a bull, I’m afraid I’ll have to teach you a lesson. Don’t make me do that,” The CEO of CUBE said to me sternly.

 

I banged on the table with frustration and stomped off the office. Everyone began looking at me as I walked down the hallway. I bet everyone had heard the news. It was everywhere. Now I was known as the BEAST member who plagiarized songs. It felt really awful and unjust. I couldn’t hold in my anger because I was 100% sure that I didn’t copy. I had never heard of that song before!

 

I reached the dorm within minutes and cooped myself in the room. . I took my phone out and went onto my twitter. I was getting too much hate and I knew using Twitter ain’t going to help my case. I scrolled through my contacts.

 

Doo Joon, Dong Woon, Father, Hyun Seung, Ki Kwang, Mother, Yo Seob, etc. 

 

I sighed. There was no one I could share my woes to.

 

Out of desperation, I typed in a few random numbers that seemed like authentic enough to pass of as a real number. I just needed to get it out of my chest.

 

“I am feeling very exhausted. No one believes me. No one is taking my side. I got this urge to cry but I have no shoulder to lean on. What should I do now? Please help me. I feel like giving up. Yours truly.”

 

Without much thinking, I sent the message to the random number I typed in. I laughed to myself silently and murmured, “Jun Hyung-ah, you have officially gone crazy. You just sent a text to some unknown stranger who probably thinks you sent to the wrong number.”

 

I plopped my head on the soft pillow and closed my eyes because I was too tired to think of the incident. All of a sudden, my phone vibrated. I reached over to my phone and checked it.

 

“1 New Message”

 

Someone replied to my message. I quickly got up from my bed and read the message over and over again.

 

From ________________,

Life never leaves you empty.
It always replaces everything you lost.
If it asks you to put something down,
It's because, it wants you to pick up something better.

Dear stranger, just remember this: When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

 

I kept reading the message again and again until I could remember the message word for word. It was so inspiring and the quotes the stranger gave could really relate to my current situation. It was as if he or she understood what I was going through. I grinned to myself, feeling much better and much more motivated to continue living.

 

Finally, I gained enough courage to reply back to the person.

 

I’m very touched and surprised at the same time that you replied my message. I thank you from my heart because I am feeling so much better than before because of you. Just one quick question: Why did you even bother to reply this message?

 

I sent the message and walked around the room and waited for the person to reply. My phone vibrated.

 

Hmm, I wasn’t sure whether you sent it to the wrong person but from the tone of the message, I think I should give a helping hand. It may be insignificant but I guessed that maybe my words would help someone in need. 

And you’re welcome. I’m very happy I could make you feel better. Dear stranger, hang in there because all problems become smaller if you don't dodge them but confront them.

 

I replied her/him immediately.

 

Thank you, stranger. I really appreciate that you bothered to text me back. I didn’t send it to the wrong person. I just randomly typed in some number and this happens. I’m glad I did. You sound like a very inspirational role model.

 

He/She replied back.

 

It’s very peculiar for you, a person, to randomly send a text to an anonymous person but it’s very refreshing talking to you. I hope you overcome your difficulties in life. Thank you for the compliment but in real life, I am nothing like that. I’m sorry but I have to go now because I’m still working. Hwaiting! 

 

He/She was not going to text me further and that kind of upset me but I just ended off the conversation with her/him nicely.

 

Oops, I’m sorry to bother you during work. I hope that one day I can text you again if you do not mind. Thank you for everything. It may seem insignificant but to me, it means a lot. Good day.

 

He/She did not reply back. I guessed he/she was working.

 

I pondered for very long on whether I should save her/his number. After much thinking, I decided to save it but what name should I put it in? I giggled to myself when I decided on a very childish name.

 

 

“My Secret Texting Partner”.

-

 

Author's Note:

My very first chapter. Please tell me how do you like the chapter! By the way, the ones in italics are the texts. :)

Again, thank you to those who subscribed even before I started the story.