Chapter 8: No, it can't be!!!

Healing Touch Curse

           “ELAN!!!” Elyna ran to her brother, and embraced him. Sehun followed her steps. He was breathing heavily. She could see bruises on his hand and face and traces of blood near his lips. “Elan! What happened!? Wake up!!”

            Sehun came and kneeled beside her. He put his hand on the boy’s forehead. “It’s hot. We need to get him to the hospital.” he said.

            “No, wait,” Elyna replied.

            “What are you talking about!? Your brother is sick right now!!”

            Elyna did not say anything. She was about to take off her gloves when the door was opened and her stepfather came out.

            “Oh, look who’s home~” he said, half sober.

            “What did you do to him? What did you do to my brother!?” Elyna shouted at him. She stood up, leaving Elan in Sehun’s hand. Sehun was shocked to see Elyna that mad. She was too angry, her hand was trembling. Elyna clenched her fist so tight, she could feel her nails sank into her flesh.

            “He deserves it. He broke my vase, so I punished him to stay outside.” His stepfather’s wife replied. "it had only been for 2 hours, and he already fainted?" she snorted.

            “What!!? 2 hours!!?? Are you crazy!!??” Elyna already reached her limit. She charged forward to attacked the devilish woman in front of her, but her stepfather stopped her by grabbing her hair and threw her onto the hard floor. “Shut up, you bastard! Two hours outside won’t kill him! You just making a fuss out of it!!” he said while continued kicking her on the floor.

            Elyna hissed in pain. It was freaking 10˚c and 2 hours standing outside in that thin clothes!?

            Her stepfather kept battering her, cursing both of them for being useless and nuisances.  Elyna could feel blood in . Her head became dizzier and she could feel nothing but pain. Suddenly the kicks stopped, followed by a woman’s shriek.

           

            Sehun saw Elyna charged to hit that smirking lady. Before he managed to stop her, she was thrown onto the floor. Sehun clenched his  teeth. How dare he!!

            He quickly took Elan and leaning him against the gate carefully. He took off his sweater and wrapped it around the boy’s small, bruised body. “Wait for me, Elan. Hyung will come back quickly,” he whispered to the boy.

            He turned around to see the man was kicking Elyna like she was a ragged doll. Sehun could feel blood rushed through his vein to his head. He quickly charged forward and kicked the man hard, that he fell onto the big vase and crashed it. His wife shrieked. “HONEY!!!” she ran towards his husband. “Oh no, you’re bleeding...” she glared at Sehun who was already helping Elyna to stand up.

            “You!! Get out of my house!!!” she suddenly shouted. “Get out, you ungrateful *****!!! Don’t you ever dare to come here anymore!!! Get out!! GET OUT!!!” she continued shouting histerically.

            Sehun stopped helping Elyna to walk and turned to the woman. “Don’t worry. I would never allow Elyna to come back to this hell and live with devils like you and that weak, fat man over there.” He replied sternly. The reply caused the woman to shout louder, and cursing words that you don’t even know it existed.

            Once they reached the gate, Sehun quickly took Elan into his arms and turned to Elyna. “We need to bring your brother to the hospital... and you too...” he said.

            Elyna slowly shook her head. “No need to. Just take us somewhere quiet and away from other people...”

            “What!? But..”

            “Please, Sehun. Quickly...”

            Even though he did not get it, but he just followed her request. Sehun brought her to a quiet place nearby. “Sehun, can you leave us for a moment?” she asked slowly. Sehun stood up and went to somewhere away from them, still confused.

             Elyna took off her gloves and put her hand onto Elan’s forehead. She closed her eyes and began to absorb Elan’s pain.

            But when she opened her eyes, Elan’s face was still bruised. Elyna tried again. But the result was still the same. She tried again without closing her eyes, but it won’t work.

            “What’s wrong? Why it didn’t work? Elan!! Elan!! Wake up!! You’re supposed to wake up now!! Wake up!!” she shook Elan to wake him up.

            “Elyna...” Elyna heard someone called her name. She turned around to see a familiar figure. “Eric oppa?”

 

            Sehun turned around when he heard Elyna’s voice. But then he saw a man was standing beside Elyna. How did he get there? Who’s he?

 

            “Oppa! You’re here! Oppa, why my power is not working? I cannot heal Elan!” Elyna asked. She was confused and frustrated. Elan was supposed to wake up by now.  Eric came and sat beside Elan. He stared at the boy before turned to Elyna.

            “Elyna, you can’t heal people who already gone...” he said softly.

            “Yes, I know that!! But why it didn’t work on Ela..” then it came to her mind.

            “Yo-you’re not telling me that...” she stuttered, hoping the answer to be negative.

            Eric slowly nodded. “Elan had passed away, Elyna...”he said regretfully.

            “No..no..” Elyna shook her head in disbelief. “No!!! Oppa, you’re lying to me!! It can’t be!!!” Elyna pushed Eric, hit him and slap him. She could not believe it. Eric just sat there quietly, letting the poor girl to let it out on him.

 

            Sehun came and stopped Elyna from keep hitting the unknown guy. “Elyna, Elyna, what’s wrong?” he pulled her.

            “No, it can’t be..Elan..Elan can’t leave me...Elan can’t die...” she cried. Shocked with news, Sehun quickly pulled her into a hug. He turned to the unknown guy, asking the truth. The guy only nodded. Sehun’s heart was crushed into pieces. Elyna’s body was shaking in his embrace. The girl was crying her heart out.

           

            Suddenly, a loud sound was heard. Like an explosion. They turned around to see a thick black smoke coming from nearby.

            “That direction... it’s your house, right Elyna?” Sehun asked. But Elyna did not even bother to look at what happened. She was still crying.

            “Oh no, they are coming... You are Sehun, right? Quick, bring Elyna to somewhere safe!!” Eric suddenly said.

            “What’s wrong?” Sehun asked.

            “I’ll explain later. Quick!!” he ordered.

 

First updated : 2/5/2015, 8.46 p.m.