Chapter 19: I Love You

Healing Touch Curse

A/N: Sorry guys, not a new chapter. But let's say, i updated this chapter. the last one was too short, i was not satisfied. so hope you don't mind to read this on again. hahaXP (next chapter is in process. please wait patiently.)

I know, I love you too.

BTW, i changed my username, just for your information.

 

 

            Elyna strolled down the street, not knowing where she was heading. People were staring at her weirdly. Well, it was 12˚C and she wears nothing but thin pajamas. Her body was already shivering in cold. White smoke puffed from . She was hugging herself, trying to keep it warm.

            She was too mad just now, she did not think rationally. She just left with nothing. Not even her phone, or at least a piece of scarf. Elyna sighed. She knew she was not supposed to explode like that. But she did not know either why she was so mad. It was like what Lay had told the boys about the curse was a taboo topic she would not like the others to know. Especially the boys. Especially Sehun.

            Elyna stopped walking when she noticed somebody was standing in front of her. She looked up and she saw a man was standing in front of her, blocking her way. The man was around her height, maybe a few inches taller. He was around his 20s, wearing a black shirt, under a beige trench coat and a white scarf around his neck. Elyna did not meant to continue staring at him, but there was something in his eyes that attracted her, or she could say, pulled her in. His eyes were slant, but his pupils was... beautiful but cold. Its colour was a mixed of white, blue and black.

            Elyna quickly looked away when she realized she had stared at a stranger long enough. She moved aside and was about to continue to walk, but that man stopped her. “Wait.”

            Elyna stopped. She turned around.

            “I’m sorry, but I noticed that you were not wearing thick enough for a day like this. Aren’t you cold?” he asked. Elyna raised her eyebrows and stared at him blankly, as if she was saying ‘What do you even care?’ However, she could swear for a moment she saw his eyes were flickered with blue light.

            Seeing no response, the man took off his scarf and his gloves and gave it to Elyna. “Here, take this.” Elyna looked at his hand in confuse.

            “It’s okay, don’t worry. Just take it.”

            “Why would you give it to me?” she asked. Elyna looked around, to check in case this is some sort of a prank, and the man’s friends were hiding nearby, watching her reactions. But she was wrong. Every passer-by was busy doing their own stuffs, not even bother to look at them who were standing in the middle of the road.

            “No, it’s not a prank,” he suddenly said. “And I’m here alone.” Can he read mind?

            “Then why are you giving it to me?”

            “Just think of it as a sort of gentleman’s gesture. Just take it. I meant nothing. You don’t even have to give it back.” He smiled.

            “B-but aren’t you cold?” Elyna replied.

            “It’s okay. I’m used of being cold actually.” He held out the scarf and the gloves once again. Elyna hesitantly take it.

            “T-thank you.”

            “Here, let me help you.” The man helped to put the scarf around her neck. But suddenly a hand grabbed his hand and pulled it away.

            “What are you doing to my girlfriend?” Sehun was glaring dagger at that man.

           

            Elyna’s eyes widened. The man also froze for a moment, surprised.

            “Oh, sorry.” He finally back to his senses. “I didn’t mean anything. I was just helping her wearing the scarf. She was shivering in cold just now.” He smiled.

            “I didn’t know you have a boyfriend.” He turned to Elyna, still smiling.

            Elyna was too speechless at the moment; she just froze in her spot. Her eyes went back and forth between both men. “He-he’s not m-“she stuttered, but Sehun cut her in. and now he was already standing between the two of them.

            “I believe you have helped enough,” Sehun said. “Thank you. And you may go.”

            “Well then, I’ll be going first,” the man walked away. But then, suddenly he stopped and turned around. “You know what, Sehun? If I were you, I won’t allow my girlfriend to walk around alone, especially not during this time.” He shrugged. “And Elyna, be careful. The cold weather never distinguishes people. ” he looked up, as if he was judging the stars.  “The snow is white, beautiful but cold.”

            Both of them trying to digest what the man was saying, but then it sank to them. He called their names. They turned around looking for the man, but the man was nowhere to be found. The road was still busy with people minding their own business. Sehun’s heart was thumping louder. Who was that man?

           

            Elyna, who was staying silent until now, turned away and continued to walk, ignoring Sehun. Then suddenly she felt warm clothes draped over her shoulders from behind. She looked up and saw Sehun was already standing in front of her, fixing his jacket around her shoulder.

            “Go away,” Elyna brushed off his hand. She continued to walk but Sehun grabbed her hand.

            “Where are you going?”

            “None of your business.”

            “Elyna, please. Do you have any idea how dangerous it is right now? Even if you’re not being chased right now, it’s dangerous for a girl to walk alone! You don’t know what’s out here! That man just now, what if he hurt you? What if he meant bad things!? We don’t even know who he is! What if the Seekers find you!? What if he was one of them!? I was worried like crazy just now!”

            “Who told you to worry about me!?” Elyna snapped her hand from his grip. “I need no one to worry about me! No one ever even care about me before!” Elyna glared at him. “And what? You are my boyfriend? Sorry, but we just knew each other, so stop pretending like you care for me so much!” she turned away and walked as fast as she could.

            Sehun chased her and grabbed her hand again. But this time, he dragged her to go with him.

            “Sehun! What the hell you are doing! Let go of my hand!” Elyna struggled to escape from his grip, but it was useless. Sehun was far stronger than her. People were staring at them, but no one interfered. Perhaps they thought it was just another couple fight.

            Sehun stopped when they reached to a corner were not many people were around. Finally he let go of her hand.

            “Elyna, please.” He heaved a sigh. “I don’t care if you don’t like me, but please. Stop it. You’re endangering yourself.”

            “I told you not to worry about me. Even I don’t care about my life right now! I don’t care if they found me! I would rather die, than living this cursed life!” Elyna was about to walk away again when Sehun pulled her and trapped her between his arms against the wall.

            “THEN MAKE ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT YOU!!!” Sehun thundered. Elyna froze. Sehun was staring at her straight in the eyes. His eyes were full of unreadable emotions.

            “Please...” his voice softened, as if he was on the verge of tears. “I was so scared when you left the house. I was so scared when Lay said he wanted to take you away. I was so scared when he told me about your curse. I was so scared when you said the Seekers had found you. This feeling... it’s driving me crazy.” He hit his chest. “I don’t want to lose you, no, I can’t lose you. Please, don’t you ever leave my side again. I might really go crazy.”

            Elyna stared at him with her rounded eyes. Unknowingly, tears rolled down Elyna’s cheeks. “Stop it, Sehun. Let me go...” Elyna looked away, trying to hide her tears.

            “Elyna, don’t you get it!? I can’t live without you! I love you!” Sehun snapped. A drop of tear finally escaped from his eyes

            Elyna turned to him when she heard the last words. She felt her heart was tightening and a lump was in . Maybe in other situations, she might be fluttering to hear those words, but not that time. Not in that situation. Not when her life could be gone any time.

            Her life. her heart clenched tighter at the thought. Damn it, this cursed life.

            “Please Elyna...” Sehun continued, almost begging her. His voice was full of sincerity, and sadness.

            Elyna shook her head. “No, it’s you who don’t get it, Sehun. We can’t be together. We can never be.” Her voice was slow and shaking. Tears were still racing down her cheeks. “It’s not simple. The Seekers, he promised... one more time he sees us, he’ll kill us, all of us. I can’t let you die because of me. I can’t...” Elyna choked in tears.

            Suddenly she heard a chuckled escaped from the man in front of her.

            “You are laughing!? It’s not funny, Sehun! They’ll kill you!”

            “I’m not laughing because of that,” Sehun smiled. “So, the point here is that, you can’t lose me too. Right?”

            “I-I never mean that,” Elyna stuttered.

            “Awww.. you love me too~” Sehun pouted.

            “Shut up, I never say that!” she blushed.

            Sehun wiped her tears with his thumbs. “Elyna, I’d rather die protecting you than living without you by my side.” He smiled. “I love you Elyna.” A kiss landed on her forehead. “Don’t you ever dare to leave me again.”

            “But, what if something happen to you in the future? I don’t-” She was cut off when Sehun put his finger on her lips, stopping her from talking.

            “We don’t know the future. We’ll never know about it. Present, is what important. If anything happens, we’ll get to that later. For now, me being with you is what important.” Sehun pinched her nose.

            Elyna broke into tears, again. She never knew love could be this warm. She was too scared. She could not want to lose him. She did not want Sehun to die because of her. That nightmare, it was too scary. It was too real, like a sign. A sign of what will happen if she did not leave Sehun. She was afraid of what the fate kept for her in the future. But if anything, she would pray for the fate to take her life, not Sehun’s.

            “Hey,” Sehun whispered. Elyna looked up. “You should only cry when you’re sad. I’m confessing here. Am I that unworthy?” he joked.

            Elyna chuckled. “Shut up, Sehun.”

 

 

A/N: my heart hurt when i wrote this part. i almost cried. almost. hahaha

 

Updated: 22/8/2016, 1.19 p.m.