Chapter 12: Warm morning

Healing Touch Curse

            Early sunlight shone through the window. Elyna slowly opened her eyes, finding herself in an unfamiliar room. Her head felt heavy and she could feel her eyes were swollen.

            Elyna slowly found her way to the bathroom and washed her face. She looked into the mirror and she nearly could not recognize herself. Messy hair, swollen eyes, dried lips and pale face, perfect combination to look like a zombie coming to life. Elyna looked at the oversized hoodie she was wearing. It reminded her of what happened last night.

            After she was done crying, Sehun broke the hug. “So, wanna have some dinner? Let’s refill the water in your body. I bet you lost 1 litre of it already,” Sehun . Elyna glared at him. This man would never stop teasing her.

            Looking at herself, Elyna did not think she would be going out. She had been wearing that school uniform since morning, and it was almost 10 p.m. the uniform was dirty and her body smelled... literally fishy?

            “I’m not having dinner,” Eyna replied. It would be embarrassing to meet Sehun’s housemates in that state.

            “Why?”

            “Because I’m not hungry.”

            “Seriously?”

            “Yes, I’m serio-“ she was cut off by the grumbling sound from her stomach. ‘Stupid tummy!’

            “Wow, that sound! It must be hurricane tonight,” Sehun pretended to check the weather from the window.

            “Shut up, Sehun.” Elyna was giving Sehun a dirty look.

            “What? I was covering up for you, in case you were embarrassed having your stomach grumbling in front of me,” Sehun chuckled. “So, still not hungry?”

            “Okay, fine,” Elyna gave up. “I’m hungry, but look at my clothes. I can’t go out like this. And even if I clean myself, I don’t have any extra clothes.” Finally she confessed.

            Sehun laughed. “Why don’t you tell me earlier? Wait here.” He went to his wardrobe and searched for something. Then he came back with a grey hoodie and a pair of black pants.

            “Here you go. This is the smallest shirt that I have. And the weather is cold, so you should wear long-sleeves,” he said.

            Even his smallest shirt was oversized for Elyna’s petite body. But nonetheless, Elyna was still grateful for it.

            Elyna fixed her hair to cover her zombie face a bit before she went outside. When she opened the door, she could hear the voices of boys chattering with each other.

            “Elyna, Good morning!” Chanyeol suddenly greeted her when she reached the dining table. Taken aback by the greeting, Elyna slowly bowed. “Good morning,” she replied slowly.

            “Come, have a sit here,” D.O pointed to a seat beside Sehun. Elyna just obediently sat there.

            “So, how was your sleep?” Suho asked.

            “I-it was great. Thank you,” she replied.

            Although she did not even know their names, but they just treated her like a long-time friend. She was not used to have many people surrounding her and talking to her. As far as she remembered, the last time she was surrounded by people was 6 years ago, when she still have friends. When her life was normal. Before her father died. Before her mother remarried again. Before her life turned into a disaster.

            Elyna used to be a cheerful girl, like any other kids, loved by her parents, excellent in study, adored by her friends, cared by her teachers. But now, she had forgotten how it felt to be like that. People avoided her, talking behind her back, calling her weird and freak, and worse, spreading disgusting rumors about her.

            Elyna came back to reality when Sehun snapped his finger in front of her. She turned to Sehun, raising her eyebrows.

            “What are you thinking about? D.O hyung is asking whether you would like coffee or milk,” Sehun pointed to D.O who was standing beside her, waiting for the answer.

            “Oh, c-coffee please...” She plastered a faint smile.

            “Okay,” D.O smiled back.

            “I forgot to introduce you to my housemate yesterday. This is Suho hyung, I think you already know him,” he said jokingly while pointing to Suho. “And this is Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung, Kai and the one in the kitchen is D.O hyung,” he continued pointing to each and every one of them. They all smiled to Elyna. Elyna just replied with an awkward smile and a small nod.

            “I-I’m Elyna,” she introduced herself awkwardly.

            “We hope you like it here,” Chanyeol replied with a grin. Elyna turned to Sehun, and he smiled assuringly. For a moment Elyna felt warmth in her heart.

            “Say, it’s Saturday today. What are we going to do?” Baekhyun suddenly asked.

            “Wanna go out? I want to grab some stuffs at the mall,” Suho answered.

            “Great, me too, hyung,” Sehun added.

            “I guess I’m going to. Don’t feel like staying at home today,” Kai leaned back in his chair and stretched his arm.

            “Hey, want to go for movie after that? We haven’t gone there for ages. I want to watch ‘Zootopia’,” Chanyeol grinned.

            “Zootopia? Like seriously, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrow.

            “What? Can’t I?” Chanyeol replied. They all laughed, except Elyna, who had been watching them since earlier. She could tell that they were very close to each other. She felt comfortable to be there, looking at them, and she liked the warmth in the air.

 

Updated: 6/7/2016, 6.27 am/1.27 am