Chapter 14: So this is it

Healing Touch Curse

What the hell you’re doing, you bastard!?”

 

            Elyna looked up to see Sehun who was burning in rage. He was so mad that his face turned red and his eyes was glaring like he would tear the man apart anytime.

            “S-Sehun...” Only that word came out from Elyna’s mouth. Her eyes went blurry. No word could explain how relieved she was at that moment. Sehun rushed to her.

            “Elyna! Are you okay!?” Sehun quickly helped her to stand up. Elyna nodded, tears started to flow down her cheek. When Sehun held her, he could feel her body was trembling. His heart felt like it was pierced by a dagger. He swore he would kill that man.

            “Come, let’s go!” Sehun put her in his arms and started to walk out of the bathroom. But they were not fast enough..

           Sehun suddenly cried in pain. Without them noticing, the drunken man had lashed out at Sehun from behind, slashing his back with the broken wine bottle, right from his right shoulder straight down to his back. Sehun fell onto the ground.

            “Sehun!!!” Elyna tried to support Sehun from falling but she failed. Sehun’s fall dragged her together onto the ground. The man came forward to stab Sehun once more but he was stopped by the shouts from the other boys.

            Baekhyun jumped forward and grabbed the man’s hand before pushed him straight onto the ground. The man tried to fight back, but Baekhyun was far stronger than him. Baekhyun smashed his neck and the man fainted.

            The other boys ran to Elyna and Sehun.

            “Elyna! What happened?” Suho asked. Elyna was hugging Sehun in her lap while pressing the wound to stop the blood.

            “I-I don’t know. I was in the washroom- the- the man attacked me- Sehun- he helped me – and he..he...” Elyna could not continue the story. Tears were running down her cheeks non-stop. Her hands were trembling.

            “Hyung, his wound is deep. We need to bring him to the hospital” Chanyeol said.

            “Kai, call the police and the ambulance, hurry” Suho turned to Kai.

            “D.O hyung is calling them,” Kai replied. D.O was talking to his phone near them.

            “No, wait,” Elyna suddenly came to realize something. She quickly wiped her tears and took off her gloves before she put her hands onto Sehun’s back. A moment later, gleam of light appeared in between her fingers.

            “Elyna, what are you doing?” Kai asked. The boys were about to ask the same thing before they saw what happened. The blood on Sehun’s back slowly retreated back into the body and the wound slowly closed. Colours had returned to his face and his breath returned to normal.

            “Oh my god...” Chanyeol gasped. Suho’s eyes widened. Kai’s jaw dropped and D.O dropped his phone. Baekhyun was running towards them. “What happe-“he stopped. The boys could not take their eyes off Elyna and her hand on Sehun’s wound.

            “So this is the healing touch...” Baekhyun slowly murmured.

 

            The boys and Elyna called the police and they had caught the drunken man. But none of them could explain the harm done, so they just told the story up until the part Elyna was attacked in the bathroom.

            “Well then, we’ll send you home,” the police officer offered. The boys nodded. They were about to start walking when Elyna suddenly fell onto her knees. Luckily her hand was quick to hold on to the wall. She broke out in a cold sweat. The attack had started.

            Elyna could feel a glass shard pierced through her flesh from her shoulder right down to her back. She bit her lip hard and clenched her fist very tight that it trembled. Creases appeared on her forehead. The world went dizzy and she could only hear Suho calling her name.

            “Elyna... are you okay? Elyna...” And everything went dark.

 

            Elyna find herself in a flower field, very beautiful that no words could describe it. The flowers were dancing as the wind blew pass them. The fragrance of the flower ease her mind ad calm her heart. She took a moment to close her eyes and inhale the air. She opened her eyes and she saw a white butterly was flying near her. Elyna smiled before she chased after the butterfly.

            Elyna stopped when she learnt that she was not alone. A man was standing right in front of her. But she was blinded by the sunlight, she could not see his face.”Who are you?” she asked. All of a sudden, the ground started shaking and crumbling into pieces. Elyna fell down together the man.

 

            Like being jolted by electric, Elyna opened her eyes, panting in cold sweat. She found herself in her bed. She felt so weak, she did not have any energy to even move her fingers. Elyna took a deep breath and tried to remember what happened. She also tried to understand the dream. Somehow it was bothering her.

            “You’re awake?” she heard someone asked. If the man did not say anything, Elyna would not realize that she was not alone. Elyna slowly turned around and she saw Sehun was sitting on a chair not far from her. He looked fine, like always. As if he had never been stabbed by a glass shard before.

            Elyna slowly tried to get up, but Sehun stopped her. “No, just lie down. You are still weak.” He said while helping to readjust Elyna’s position to lie down.

            “What happened?” Elyna asked weakly.

            “You fainted,” Sehun answered while bringing his chair closer to the bed. “How are you feeling now?” he asked.

            Elyna just nodded. She still felt weak but maybe after a moment of rest, she would be better.

            “Hyung said, you saved me...” Sehun hesitantly said. “Thank you.” he continued. 

            Elyna just stared at him, did not know what to say. 

            “Actually I was contemplating whether to ask you this or not, and maybe the timing is not good, but, I just want to know," Sehun's voice suddenly turned serious. "Did you become like this because you saved me? Is this the price for the Curse?”  Elyna looked into his eyes, and she saw worry, guilty and was that pain?

 

Updated: 18/7/2016, 4:12 a.m / 9:12 a.m