Chapter 17: Planning a plan

Healing Touch Curse

            Sehun ran around searching for Elyna with his hyungs. They were worried when they arrived at the promised place, Elyna was nowhere to be found. Sehun ran like crazy, until he reached to one corner and he saw the girl was sitting on the road, hugging her knees. Her eyes was staring ahead of her, like she was in a deep thought.

            “Elyna!” Sehun ran to her. “Where have you been!? We’ve been searching all over for you! What are you doing here?” But there was no response.

            “Elyna?” Sehun touched her shoulder, but suddenly Elyna jerked, like she was shocked by something. She backed off from Sehun. As if for a moment, she could not recognize him.

            Sehun paused for a moment, afraid if another action of his might cause her to run away. “Elyna? It’s me...” he hesitantly approached her.

            “S-Sehun?” she finally spoke, like she had come out of her trance.

            “Yes, it’s me,” Sehun nodded, assuring her. “What happened to you?” he slowly held her arms. She was trembling. Her face was pale and her pupils were shaking. She was in fear. The trace of tears in her eyes did not leave unnoticed by Sehun.

            “I... I...” She looked around, like someone was chasing her. Sehun looked around too, but he saw nobody.

            “What’s wrong?” he could see the girl had broken into cold sweat.

            “You found her, Sehun?” Both of them turned around and saw Suho and the others were running towards them.

            “What happened?” Chanyeol asked, panting. The others were also breathing heavily, indicating they had run since a while. When they arrived there, they saw Elyna was sitting down on the road, with Sehun crouching beside her and holding her arms.

            Sehun was about to answer the question when he felt Elyna was gripping his arm and when he turned around, he saw the girl was looking around in panic, as if she was searching for a certain someone. Sehun looked around again, still holding on to the girl’s hand. But he still saw no one.

            “Who are you searching for, Elyna?” Baekhyun asked. Elyna’s weird action was noticed by the others too.

            Elyna turned to him before her eyes moved towards the other boys, and finally landed on Sehun. “He... He found me,” She finally replied, not hiding the fear in voice anymore. Tears rolled down her cheeks again and her grip on Sehun’s hands tightened. “He had found me, Sehun. He’s going to kill us.”

            Sehun raised his eyebrow. “He who?” he asked. Then the thought sank in. Who else would be searching for Elyna and wanted to kill all of them?

            Sehun turned around and his eyes met his brothers’. Looked like they got the message too. Their eyes widened and their face turned pale, shocked of the news.

            Sehun turned around to Elyna who was still crying, muttering he found me, he’ll kill us. Sehun quickly pulled her into a hug, a tight hug. He whispered into her ear “It’s fine now. I’m here. We’re here.” Elyna was still sobbing on his shoulder.

            “Sehun, we need to get home, fast.” Suho said. “We should continue again later.”

 

            Sehun put Elyna onto her bed and covered her with the blanket. Elyna’s eyes was closed but her body was still trembling. Sehun slowly caressed her head. He knew she was still awake, and he was hoping it could slowly drift her to sleep. Let her enter another world, where she would not be worried of people wanting to kill her.

            Slowly her breathing became slower and calmer and the tremble stopped. Elyna had finally fallen asleep. Sehun caressed her hair for the last time before he stood up and went outside to meet his brothers.

           

            When he reached the living room, Sehun saw his brothers already gathered there.

            “How’s she?” Suho asked, breaking the silence.

            “Sleeping,” Sehun took a sit beside Baekhyun. “What happened must have traumatized her.”

            The others nodded, agreeing with that statement.

            “So, what should we do now?” Baekhyun asked. “They had found us, and anytime soon, they can come and attack us, or worse, kill us.” That statement would have been weird for them if it was stated 1 week before. To begin with, they were only high school students, but now, they were targets for a group of evil army to come and kill them.

            No one had the answer for Baekhyun’s question. No one knew what to do if someone was targeting to kill you.

            Sehun ran his hand through his hair. “I have been thinking something actually.” He said. “I was thinking of sending Elyna away.”

            The boys widened their eyes. “Sending her away?” D.O asked. “But you’re the one who agreed to take care of her!” Somehow he felt upset with Sehun, to abandon his responsibility after he had agreed to take it.

            “D.O’s right, Sehun. You can’t do that!” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. “After you send her, who knows what will happen to her. The Seekers might found her and she might even get killed easier.”

            “She has got no one, and if you leave her, she will really be alone!” Kai added.

            “You can’t do that, Sehun. I promised Lay,” Suho said sternly.

            “Yeah. I thought you could do better than this,” Chanyeol said disappointedly.

            “Wait, relax!” Sehun raised both of his hands, asking them to calm down. “Let me finish first. Who said I will leave her alone? I’ll be going with her.

            “WHAT!!?” the brothers shouted in unison.

            Sehun jumped in his place. “Shhh!! Not too loud! She’s still sleeping!”

            “What do you mean by you’ll be going with her?” Baekhyun asked, lowering his voice a little this time, but still did not take his eyes off the guy in front of him.

            “Yeah, where are you going?” Kai asked

            “I still don’t know yet. But I don’t think here is safe anymore for her. I was thinking of bringing her somewhere else, I don’t know, maybe a place far enough from her. Where she can live more secured.” Sehun leaned forward and landed his elbow onto his knees, clasping his hands. He looked up to his brothers. “Besides, I am the one who agreed to take care of Elyna. I can’t endanger you guys too. We don’t know what the seekers might do. I don’t want to take risk. God knows what had happened to Elyna’s step parents.” Sehun said calmly. The people in front of him now were too important for him to include in this life-threatening situation. Although they were not his real brothers, but they had gone through thick and thin together, and for Sehun, they were his family. In fact, his only family after he lost his parents in a car crash.

            Silence filled the room. Everybody was in their own thought. Each click sound made by the clock marked the time had passed since Sehun stopped talking. “So?” he finally broke the silence after seeing no response from them.

            “You know what, i don’t like your idea,” Baekhyun replied. “In fact, I hate it.”

            “I totally disagree with it,” D.O shrugged.

            “Bad, bad idea,” Chanyeol shook his head.

            “I hate it too,” Kai added.

            Everyone turned to Suho, waiting for his answer. The guy raised his eyebrows. “Our discussion ends here, with majority 5 over 1.” He said, getting up from his seat. “We’ll find other way next discussion.”

            “But why, hyung? I don’t want to get you involved in this!” Sehun widened his eyes. These were not the response he was expecting.

           “Yah, you think we’re going to leave you alone in this?” Chanyeol threw the pillow he was hugging to Sehun. 1 hit.

            “You think we cannot fight? I learned Hapkido not for nothing, you silly,” Baekhyun took a magazine and knocked his head. 2 hit.

            “You think I take Lay’s words for nothing?” Suho knocked his head with his knuckle. 3 hit.

            “Say something that makes sense,” D.O threw a book taken from his side. 4 hit.

            “Errmmm... can I throw him this remote control?” Kai asked for permission before he took the remote control and threw it to Sehun, straight to his shoulder. 5 hit.

            “Okay, Okay, I got the point! Stop hitting me!” Sehun raised his hand to protect himself. “I was just thinking about you guys.” He said.

            “Stop thinking about us and focused on your girlfriend,” Chanyeol replied.

            “H-hey, she’s not my girlfriend!” Sehun quickly answered. His cheeks suddenly felt hot.

            “Well, she’s a girl and she’s a friend. She’s your girlfriend,” Chanyeol smirked.

            Sehun opened his mouth to deny again, but he closed it back. That makes sense.

            “But hey, I was just wondering actually. What will happen if they found Elyna?” Baekhyun asked.

            “They’re going to out her power,” the boys turned around, startled to hear another voice in the room.

            “Lay!?”

 

Updated: 16/8/2016, 8.56 p.m.