Chapter 16: Found you

Healing Touch Curse

            Sehun flinched when the sunlight disturbed his sleep. He felt sore in his right arm. He turned around and his eyes widened. Elyna was still sleeping on his shoulder. Sehun was frozen for a moment. He turned to the clock and it was already 6.30 a.m.  The school started at 7.30. Sehun slowly woke Elyna up. “Elyna, wake up. It’s 6.30 already.”

            Elyna’s eyes fluttered open. “Hmm..?” she rubbed her eyes and sat up straight.

            “It’s 6.30 already. We got school today,” Sehun repeated.

            “Did we... sleep here last night? Where are the others?” she looked around.

            “I think so. I don’t know, maybe they just woke up too,” Sehun replied. “Come, let’s get ready.”

 

            They were walking to school when Sehun turned around and saw his hyungs were grinning widely. He furrowed his eyebrows. What’s up with those guys?

            Once they reached near the school, Elyna stopped walking.

            “Why? What’s wrong?” The boys halted too.

            “Y-you guys go in first. It would be weird if i suddenly go to school with you guys.”

            “But-“

            “Just go. I’ll get in later,” she insisted.

            Understanding her being uncomfortable with people’s eyes, Suho agreed. “Okay then. Come, Sehun,” he smiled. “See you later, Elyna”

           

                        That day passed by fast. Everything was like usual. Elyna went everywhere, doing everything alone. She had told the boys to pretend not knowing her to school. And so far, whenever they met along the corridor, they really pretended not to know her. Elyna preferred it that way. Elyna knew, the boys were sort of well-known in the school, so she would avoid staining their good names by involving herself with them.

 

            After the school ended, Elyna quickly packed her bag and walked home. Sehun had told her beforehand to wait for them at the place they separated that morning. When Elyna arrived at that place, she was alone. The boys were not there yet. Elyna stood in the corner while looking around waiting for the boys. Then she heard someone cried. She walked towards the voice, and when she reached to a corner, she saw a boy was sitting there, crying. The boy was almost the same age as Elan.

            “H-hey, what’s wrong?” Elyna approached him.

            “I-I fell down,” he cried. “And m-my knees hurt.”

            Elyna crouched down to take a look at his wound. The boy had scratched both of his knees and it was still bleeding hard.. Falling onto the rough road must have deepen the wound.

            “Where’s your mom?” she asked.

            “I lost her. I was running around, searching for her...”

            “Here, let noona help you,” Elyna took off his glove and healed the wound.

            “Wow, I don’t feel hurt anymore!” the boys exclaimed. “Thank you noona! You’re great!” he smiled with his thumbs up.

            “Min hyuk ah!” Elyna looked up, to see a woman standing not too far from them, looking so worried.

            “Mom!” Minhyuk quickly stood up and ran towards his mother. “Thank you, noona!” Minhyuk waved at her from afar. Before they left, Elyna could hear his mother was nagging at him for playing around and lost her.

            Elyna smiled alone. If her mother and Elan were still alive, maybe they would be like that. How she missed them. The thought brought tears to her eyes. Elyna stood up to leave, but then she felt some sort of cold aura behind her back. She halted, before she slowly turned around.

 

            “Finally, I found you,” he said.

            It was a man in a black cloak, staring at her with his sharp eyes, and a smirk plastered on his face. His skin was so white, it was almost pale and his hair was black, covering part of his forehead. Elyna could see glimpse of fire in his eyes. Those eyes were... scary. As if it could bore into her head and read her mind.

            Elyna instinctively took a step behind. She did not know this man, or what he wanted. But what she knew was she need to get out of that place, away from the man. The man brought nothing with him but harm. She turned around to run, but her knees did not cooperate with her. Elyna fell onto the road. Despite a little scratch on her knees and palm, Elyna felt a great pain in her knees. The pain she took from the boy just now, it had attacked. Elyna bit her lips.

            The man walked closer. Elyna tried her best to move away from the man. The man reached out his hand from a distance and suddenly Elyna felt like an invisible hand was wrapping around her neck. The hand had dragged her up to stand and pushed her against the wall. Elyna groaned in pain. Her body was pinned to the wall by the invisible hands. Elyna struggle to get away but it was useless. The man was coming nearer and nearer. And now he was standing right in front of Elyna.

            “You think you’re gonna get away from me?” He smirked. He landed his left hand beside Elyna’s head, resting it on the wall while staring at her straight into the eyes.

            “W-what do you want from me?” Elyna asked. The invisible hand on her neck made it hard to breath.

            “What else?” he reached for Elyna’s gloveless hand. “This is what I want.”

            “Y-you’re the Seeker...”

            “Well, part of it. It wasn’t me alone who are searching for you. Could I say, half of the army are on search of you right now,” He replied. “ActualIy, I was supposed to catch you when I found you. But then, it would be no fun for me anymore.”

            “W-what do you mean?”

            “If I catch you, I’ll lose my prey. The hide and seek game won’t be fun anymore,” Elyna shuddered when her cheek was touched by his cold hand. “I have been watching for you for so long. I knew everything about you, even the scar on your back. You almost reached the limit, didn’t you?’ he asked. Elyna’s eyes widened. How did he know about that!?

            “I even knew you are living with those 6 boys. Pathetic Lay, he thought he could hide you from us by sending you to those humans?” the man scoffed. “Though I thought something was strange these days, but they can’t hide you from us forever. I don’t know what they are, but they won’t match me. I can kill them anytime. In the blink of an eye, I can make them gone, forever.

            Elyna gulped at the thought of having Sehun and the others killed because of her. A drop of tear fell down her cheek. She couldn’t imagine it, no, she didn’t want to imagine it.

            The man drew back. “I’m giving you one more chance to live. My advice; hide properly if you want to stay alive. I hate to play hide and seek when the prey couldn’t even hide properly.” he pulled a face. “And I am L. Remember my name and my face, because the moment you see me again, it will be the moment you die, you and the others” he emphasized the last words before he suddenly vanished in the thin air.

            Elyna’s knees gave out and she slid down the wall. Tears were running down her cheeks. She was scared to death. Her body would not stop trembling. Elyna hugged her knees. The thought of what happened just now sent a chill down her spine. She still could feel the eyes of L staring at her. But rather than scared to die, she was more scared of losing Sehun and the others, having them died for her sake. The thought of that was making her crazy.

 

 

A/N: Hi, esya2909 here~

Introducing our new character, L from Infinite as the Seeker~ *clap clap clap

K, that's all. Bye.

 

Updated: 10/8/2016, 6.55 p.m.