Chapter 9: Old Friend

Healing Touch Curse

            It was raining drizzly and Elyna was standing in front of Elan’s grave, staring at it for 2 hours already. Her face was pale and her eyes were swollen from the non-stop crying.

            “Elyna...” someone called her from behind. She gave no response. “Elyna,” Sehun called her again.

            “Sehun, just go,” she replied softly. “I want to stay here a little longer...”

            Sehun sighed. He was clueless of how he should comfort the fragile girl in front of him. Looking at her from behind, Elyna was a like a thin glass which could be broken from a slight touch. Sehun hesitantly reached out his hand, and after a moment of doubt, he patted her shoulder softly.

 

            A pat on her shoulder had brought tears to Elyna’s eyes again. She was thankful because it was like a reminder that she was not alone at that time. But she also hated the person for doing that. Because it was like a reminder that what happened was real. She had lost Elan. She had lost her only family.

 

            Sehun turned around and he saw Eric was walking towards them. He did not want to leave Elyna, but he believed Eric could comfort Elyna better than him. Sehun slowly retreated and gave both of them some personal space. 

             “Elyna,” Eric called her.

            Elyna turned slowly. “Oppa...”

            “Elyna, do you still remember what I used to tell you when you were small?” he asked. Elyna gave no reaction. “People come and leave, Elyna. But what stay with us is the happiness they brought. Although you can no longer see Elan in front of you now, but you can see Elan’s memories in your heart. He’s still with you, Elyna. As long as you remember the happiness he brought, he will still be with you,” Eric smiled.

            “Oppa,” Eric slowly pulled her into a hug before Elyna broke down again.

 

            Sehun watched the scene from a distance. There was a weird feeling inside his chest, as if her heart was clenched from the inside. He wished he could stop the tears and comfort the girl too, but he could do nothing. He felt almost useless.

 

            After a while, Elyna calmed down. “Thanks, oppa...” she said slowly.

            “It’s okay. That’s what an oppa for, right?” Eric ruffled her hair and smiled. Elyna replied with a faint smile. “Now, can you do something for me?” he added.

            “Do what?”

            “Promise me to follow me. Do what I tell you to do.”

            “B-but..”

            “Your words, Elyna,” Eric replied, soft but stern.

            “M-my words,”

            “Good girl.” Eric then suddenly turned to Sehun. “Sehun,” Sehun was startled when Eric suddenly called his name. “Y-yes,” he replied.

            “Come here. Take my hand.” Eric stretched out his hand.

            “What for?” Sehun asked, in confuse.

            “Just take it.” Eric replied simple.

            “Oppa, it can’t be that you...” Elyna looked at Eric in disbelief. Eric just replied with a meaningful smile.

            “But oppa, you can’t let him know-” Elyna could not finish her sentence when Sehun chose to take the hand. Suddenly, they were into an invisible whirlpool in the air and gone.

 

            As if he was in trance, Sehun opened his eyes and looked around. The place had changed. It was strangely familiar. It took Sehun a while to notice that they were in front of his dorm. What was that? What’s happening? How did-

            “This is your dorm, right?” the voice snapped his thought. He turned around to see Eric smiling at him, and Elyna was standing there, looking uneasy.

            “What was that? How did-” Sehun looked at him in disbelief.

            “Are you shocked?” he asked casually.

            “W-well, of course!! Who wouldn’t- we just- you-” Sehun was so shocked that he stuttered.

            “I’ll explain to you later, Sehun,” Eric smiled. “But first, would you invite us inside? I want to meet my old friend.”

           

            Sehun hesitantly entered the password for his dorm and opened the door, only to be welcomed by Suho who was coincidentally sitting there, polishing his shoes.

            “Sehun, why you are so late?” Suho asked.

            “Err, well, some sorts of things happened... Hyung, I’ve brought some of my friends with me,” Sehun hesitantly said.

            Suho was about to ask who, but when he saw Eric, he got up with widened eyes.

            “Hi there, Suho,” Eric greeted him, smiling.

            “Lay...” only that word came out from his mouth.

 

 

First updated: 4/5/2015, 10.13 a.m.