Chapter 6: A Freak

Healing Touch Curse

“I-I can’t go down...” Elyna finally said. Her face turned red again.

            Sehun suddenly broke into a laugh. He laughed so hard, his stomach hurt.

            “Stop laughing! Are you helping me or not!?” Elyna became more annoyed.

            “Oka-okay...I'll stop laughing..haha..” Sehun tried his hard to stop it. “Now, tell me why I should help you?” he smirked.

            “What!?” Elyna glared at the guy.

            “Yeah, well, I helped you twice... no, thrice already, but you never thanked me. So tell me again, why I should help you?”

            “W-well....th-that....” Elyna wanted to rebut but she got no point.

            “Fine, if you want me that bad, say ‘thank you’ first,” Sehun said.

            “What!? Who wanted you!?”

            “Well, you wanted my help, means you wanted me, right?” Sehun smirked.

            Well, that does makes sense.

            “Now, say ‘thank you’.” Sehun insisted.

            “thank..you...” Elyna slowly whispered.

            “What? I can’t hear you..”

            “Th-thank you...” she made it louder this time.

            “Still can’t hear it~”

            “Fine! Thank you!!” Elyna shouted at him.

            Sehun chuckled. “Good, that’s how you should thank people whenever they help you.” He then came near the wall and held up his hand. “Jump.” He said

            “What!? You ask me to jump!?” she panicked.

            “Of course. How else I can help you?”

            “B-but...”

            “Don’t you trust me?” Sehun asked. Elyna paused. She looked straight into his eyes, saying nothing. Those eyes somehow ensuring her that it would be safe.

            “Then, jump.” He said calmly. Elyna closed her eyes and jumped. She fell right into his embrace. “See, told you, you can do it~” Sehun ruffled her hair before he walked away, leaving the blushing girl alone.

            “Yah! Why did you ruined my hair!?”

                                                            *********************

            Elyna walked along the corridor to the library. Then suddenly she stopped, turned around and walking back to opposite direction. Her pace gradually became faster. “Don’t turn back...don’t turn back...ignore him...ignore him...” she mumbled by herself. She then quickly turned left and stopped at the corner, peeking to the other side.

            “Why? Dogs chasing you again?” she heard someone’s voice behind her back. Elyna jumped in shock. “How did you get here!?”

            Sehun smirked. “Ever heard of the word ‘shortcut’?” he asked sarcastically. ‘So, he was the ‘dog’’.

            “Why are you running away from me?” he asked.

            “Who’s running away from you? I’ve got other stuffs to do.. now excuse me...”

            Sehun held her wrist. “Wait-“

            “Look, isn’t that the glove girl? Who’s with her?”

            “That’s Sehun, right? From class 1-A. What is he doing with her?”

            “Look! Eeewwww....He’s holding her hand!”

            “Doesn’t he afraid of her hand? She might curse him...”

            “She’s a freak...”

            Sehun heard people around him talked. Elyna’s face turned bitter. She snapped her hand from his grip and just walked away silently. That’s why she hated people attention.

 

            Elyna was sitting alone on the isolated bench; her most favourite place in school. She took her gloves off. Staring at her hands, her mind was still playing the scene when Sehun was holding her hand just now. Those words, though she had heard that for thousands times already, it still hurt. ‘A freak...’

            Elyna was walking to her school as usual. But what different was the marks on her hands. That was the first time she went to school after she got the curse. Her mom had persuaded her to wear gloves, but she refused. It was summer, no one wear gloves outside.

            Once Elyna entered the class, she went to her place and settled down. Then her bestfriend, Diana came. “Good morning, Elyn- What’s with your hands!?” she asked in surprised.

            “Err- this is-“

            She was cut off when the teacher came in.

 

            It was PE period. Elyna was playing balls with her friends. Some of them were curious with her hands, but they assumed it was nothing, just a drawing.

            Elya threw a ball towards Diana, but she failed to catch it. Diana fell down hard and sctratched her knees.

            “Diana!!” Elyna quickly ran towards her. Diana was hissing in pain. Some of her friends rushed to called the teacher, while some followed Elyna.

            “Ouch-.. it hurts,” Diana started to cry. Feeling guilty, Elyna wanted to help her friend. “Don’t worry, I’ll cure you,’ she said.

            Elyna put her hand onto Diana’s knees and a moment later, glimpse of light cameout between her fingers, and when she put away her hands, the cut was gone. “See, it’s gone-“ but when she turned around, the response was not good. Her friends were looking at her as if she was a monster.

            “Wh-what was that!?” Diana backed off from her.

            “No, it was nothing. I jus-“ Elyna moved closer.

            “NO, GO AWAY, YOU FREAK!!!” Diana pushed her away. Elyna was stunned. Her bestfriend was calling her a freak. She turned around. Her other friends were also looking at her full of distaste and scared. Including Diana, they all ran away, leaving her alone at the field.

            “No, I just want to help..” Elyna said. She tried to get up, but then she fell down again. The pain she took from Diana had come. Elyna cried in pain. Both pain in her knees and the pai in her heart.

 

            After the incident, Elyna’s life was no longer like before. Everybody ran away from her, including her bestfriend, Diana. They called her a monster, a freak, a witch. Nobody wanted to be her friends. Anywhere she went, people would always stare at her weirdly and whispering stuffs behind her. Including the aunty who used to give her food every morning and the teacher who would ask her if anything was wrong. None of them would come near her. None of them...

            Tears were rolling down her cheeks. Elyna sighed. She thought she had already been immuned to those stuff, but she was wrong. It was still hurt. She hated it when people were staring at her like that. She hated it when people were talking behind her back. She hated it when people were calling her ‘a freak’. She hated the curse. She hated her stepparents. She hated her life.

            The tears slowly turned into a slow sobs, before Elyna finally cried her heart out.

 

            A pair of eyes was watching Elyna not far from behind. His grip to the handkerchief in his hand tightened. Sehun gritted his teeth. His mind urged him to go and comforted the crying girl, but her body resisted. His heart was breaking to see the tiny shoulders were shaking because of the cry. But Sehun could do nothing, but to stand there and watch only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there, esya2909 here.

I have edited the story a bit, so now we are back to chapter 6.

i hope you would like this new edited chapter. thank you~ <3

 

First updated=24/12/2014, 1.45p.m.