Chapter 1: The Curse

Healing Touch Curse

            10-year-old Elyna entered the house, her whole body was trembling. Her face was pale and her body was soaked by the heavy rain. She fell down once she stepped into the house.

            “Honey, where have you been!? I’ve been searchi.... Elyna? Elyna, what’s wrong with you!!?” her mom ran towards her. Elyna just stared at her mother and tears started flowing down her cheeks.

            “Ma...mama....” she sobbed. “I... I’m sorry... I... I...”

            “Hey..hey...what’s wrong dear? Stop crying and tell me properly. What did you do? I won’t be angry...” her mom smiled. She caressed her hair before she saw something on the back her daughter’s hand. A tattoo-like mark. Her eyes widened. “Elyna, what is this?" No Answer. "Elyna, tell me now!! What is this!!??”

            Elyna looked down, still sobbing.

          “You went there, didn’t you? Why’d you go there!? Do you have any idea what you’re getting yourself into!?” her mom yelled at her. Tears started to flow down her cheeks. “We talked about this!! I warned you before!!! Why did you do this for my sake!?” Her mom hit her. Elyna just sat there, still crying. Then she was pulled into a hug. “You stupid girl...”

            “I’m sorry, mama....”

           

            Elyna was standing alone at the bus stand, waiting for the bus to come. She extended her hand out, letting the raindrops to fall onto her hand. Whenever it rains, it always reminds her about that night. It had been 6 years already, but she still remembered it clearly. The night that changed her life. She stared at the back of her hand. a tattoo-like mark could be seen clearly. The same mark was embedded on her other hand. A mark shaped almost like a water drop tattoo.

            Elyna saw the bus was coming, so she quickly wore the gloves, the only way she could cover the mark on her hand. People's reaction were not good whenever they saw the marks. She learnt it in a hard way.

                                          

            “Look, that’s the girl. I told you, she’s wearing the gloves again.”  Elyna overheard some girls were talking about her.

            “I heard nobody had ever seen her bare hands...” her friends replied.

            “Of course nobody saw it! She didn’t even make any friends, so nobody had been near her...”

            Elyna rolled her eyes. She could never understand why people would always be curious with something that they actually should never be. She just continued her pace to the class, leaving those girls who were still curious about her hand.

            She sat at her place, right at the end of the class, beside the window. Perfect place to get away from those people. She could see some of her classmates were stealing glances at her. Well, these things were not new. It had happened since her middle school.

            The gloves that were covering her hands up until her wrists were always the center of attraction. People were always curious to know why she always had it on, what was it with her hands. Well, she could not blame them 100% percent. You would never find a normal people wearing gloves during a hot summer day.

Finally the teacher came into the class and everybody went back to their seat. Elyna thanked the teacher for saving her, by chance.

                                                            ********************

            “I’m home.” Elyna entered the house, only to be welcomed by a pile of unwashed clothes thrown straight onto her face.

            “You lazy girl!! I told you to wash these clothes before I get back today!! What’ve you been doing when I’m gone!!??” a loud, rough voice greeted her.

            “I’m sorry. I’ll do it again.” She replied soullessly. This was a normal thing happening to her. Living with her stepfather was not something that she could expect much. After her mother died 5 years ago, leaving her with her 1-year-old brother at that time, giving her no choice but to stick with her violent, bad-tempered stepfather. Things became worse when he got married with a woman exactly the same way like he was. It was like having 2 monstrous stepfathers at the same time.

            Elyna picked up the basket and went to her room. Her jaws dropped when she saw her brother in the room. She put away the basket and ran towards her 6-year-old brother. He was bruised all over her body.

            “Elan!!! What happened to you!?” she his cheek. Elan smiled bitterly. “Nothing. I just forgot to wipe the pictures in the living room...” he replied. Elyna gritted her teeth. She stormed out of the room.

            “I TOLD YOU BEFORE THAT I WILL DO ALL THE WORK IN THIS HOUSE!!! WHY DID YOU MAKE ELAN DO THE HOUSE CHORES!!??” Elyna yelled at her stepparents who were watching television in the living room.

            “So what!? I just asked him to sweep the house and wipe the pictures in the living room...” his stepfather replied recklessly. “But he still failed to do it properly...” Her wife who was sitting beside her snorted.

            “Sweep the house!? You knew that he had asthma and you still told him to do those stuffs!? And you even beat him!?” Elyna had lost her patience. She could never tolerate anyone who hurt her little brother.

            Her stepfather’s expression changed. He suddenly stood up and went towards her. “Yes, so what?”

            “You’re not a human, you’re monster!” Elyna replied. She was not scared at him even though she knew what will happen next.

            PANG!!! The rough hand slapped her cheeks. Elyna fell onto the floor. “How dare you, stupid girl!!!” her stepfather kept hitting, kicking and slapping her. Elyna was battered like a ragged doll on the floor. Her stepmother just stood nearby and smirked. 

                                                         

            After those beating and cursing had satisfied her stepfather’s heart, Elyna was left lying in pain on the floor. Elyna slowly gather her energy and get up to her room. She needed to hold the wall to help her walk. When she arrived at her room, she saw her brother was already asleep. She slowly went to sit beside him and stared at his innocent face. ‘He is only 6, he is too young for this...’ she thought to herself.

            Elyna slowly took off her gloves. She put her hand onto her brother’s forehead. A soft gleam of light could be seen between her fingers. Slowly she could see her brother’s bruises and cut were healed and gone. She smiled to herself. When all of them had gone, Elyna took away her hand. She went to the bathroom, standing there, doing nothing.

            Then it came. A sudden wave of pain attacked her. She could feel like her body was beaten again. A kick in the stomach, punch on the face, a grab on her hair, she felt everything even though nothing happened physically. Elyna grabbed the bath tub to support her. After a few minutes, the pain ended. Elyna was soaked in sweat. She tried to stand up straight, but she was too weak to do so. So she decided to stay there for a moment.

 

That was how the Healing Touch curse worked, and price she had to pay for it...

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MY FIRST CHAPTER!!!!

hope you like it...

don't forget to comment~

coz your comment really motivate me...>.<

 

and also thanks to my first subscriber, commenter and upvoter Twinklexostan_Kpop ....<3<3<3

 

So, what do you think about this story so far? ^_^