The New Faces

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night before they finally went back to Seoul, Korea, Sehun’s master in Exolandia appeared to him. He was inside the bathroom when suddenly, his master appeared in the mirror. Sehun gasped in disbelief. “Master? What are you doing there?”

The master replied while his arms were crossed above his chest. “I just want to check if how well you have been.”

Sehun sighed. “I am fine, master. I am granting Suzy’s wishes and I am also guarding her.”

“I know. But there is one thing I just want to clarify to you.”

“And that is?”

“You can’t fall in love with her. Don’t you remember what the rule book says? If you fall in love with your master, you must take the consequences.”

Sehun wrinkled his brows then lowered his head.  “I’m sorry, master. It’s hard for me not to.”

“Sehun!”

“I’ll just take the consequences whatever it is!”

The master fumed. “You’re disobeying the rules! Your life will be at stake if you fall in love with her!”

“W-why? What will happen to me?” Sehun asked curiously.

“You will disappear forever in this world and in Exolandia.”

Sehun’s eyes widened in shock.  “You mean…I will die?”

The master sighed and nodded. “The love between a human and a genie is forbidden in our world. If ever that happens, the genie will die and the human will forget everything about the genie.”

Sehun felt down. “Suzy will forget about me? I don’t want that to happen,” he said in a soft voice. “And, I don’t want to die. I promised her that I won’t leave her. Master, is there any thing that I can do?”

“There is. Stop your feelings towards her starting at this moment, Sehun. You may show your affection but not as a lover.”

Sehun sighed, feeling defeated. Then, he agreed with the master. “I understand, master.”

“Very well, then. I will look forward into that. Suzy has two wishes left. After you grant all her wishes, you can come back to our world. I’ll see you soon, Sehun.” Then, the master in the mirror disappeared.

{#}

“Hey, are you okay?” Suzy asked Sehun while they were walking along the Arrivals Area.

Sehun hastily looked at Suzy and nodded. “I’m just tired.”

Suzy shrugged and walked past Sehun.

Sehun thought while watching Suzy, I don’t want you to forget me, Suzy. I like you but letting my feelings go is the right decision. I promised not to leave you unless all your wishes are already granted.

 “HURRY UP!” Suzy shouted from a distance.

 

Finally, they have arrived at their apartment. At that moment, Sehun decided something.

He said, “Suzy, since it’s awkward for me and you to stay in one apartment, I’ll just transfer to the apartment next door.”

Suzy nodded immediately. “I’m glad you said that. Okay, pack your things and leave.”

Geez. So she really wanted me to leave earlier, eh? How rude. “Mind to help me clean my new apartment?”

Suzy stretched her arms, acting tired and sleepy. “I need to rest. My body hurts. Sorry.” She smiled sarcastically.

Sehun shook his head in disbelief. “How lazy are you, Suzy?”

“Oh, by the way, I’ll transfer school tomorrow.”

“WHAT?” Sehun exclaimed. “Why?”

“I told you I ended everything in Paris. It’s time for me to have a new environment and start something new. Don’t worry. I’m not asking you to come with me.”

“But I’m your guardian.”

“I know. Sehun, forget about being my guardian. You can be a normal boy here in our world. You can date if you want.”

“What is date?”

“Ugh.” Suzy groaned. “You and a girl going out together. Making sweet memories. Didn’t you have a girlfriend in the past?”

Sehun shook his head. “I don’t know how to date. Should I ask for any girl to go with me on a date?”

Suzy massaged her temples. “Stupid ignorant.” She continued, “You should only go on a date with a girl you like. Geez. How stupid you are. So, what’s your plan? Are you coming with me tomorrow or you’ll stay in that old school?”

“Of course, I will come with my cousin.”

Suzy shook her head. “Whatever. Okay, start cleaning your apartment up. I will just sleep, okay?” Then she left Sehun and went inside her room.

We went out together. Does it mean we dated? “Hey, Suzy!” Sehun called.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter