The Christmas Eve

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day before Christmas Eve, Suzy and Sehun were busy working at the café. Since there were lots of customers at the café, they decided to work overtime.

“Hey, Suzy, are you still okay?” Sehun asked, feeling concerned towards Suzy who was preparing the orders to be served.

“I’m okay. My back just hurts a little,” Suzy answered while pressing her back with her fingers.

“Don’t worry, Suzy. 30 minutes more before midnight and we can already go home.”

Suzy nodded and left the kitchen to serve the orders.

Time, please move fast. She’s already tired.

 

Midnight came and the café started to close. All the employees gathered up excitedly for it was the night where they will receive their Christmas bonus.

As the manager personally gave their bonuses, everyone lightened up from being tired.

While all of the employees were lined up, Sehun whispered to Suzy, “Suzy, I’ll treat you later.”

Suzy looked at him and said, “Just keep it for yourself. You might need it soon.”

Sehun lowered his head disappointedly. For the second time around, Suzy rejected him. What if he tells her his true feelings? Maybe she will just reject her again and that will be depressing on his part. But in some point, Suzy’s rejection is an advantage, so he will realize that he is hopeless. His feelings will never be noticed and might fade away. When that time comes, he can still guide Suzy and won’t die.

After all the bonuses were given, the employees thanked the manager and started to leave the café.

Then, one employee called, “Hey, Suzy! Sehun! Do you want to come with us? We’re going to have some drinks. You know, bonding.”

Sehun looked at Suzy.

Suzy smiled a little and declined the offer politely. “I’m sorry, oppa. I can’t come. Maybe next time. Thank you for inviting us.”

“Aw. How about you Sehun? Come on,” the employee added.

Sehun looked at Suzy again then back to the employee. “Um, sure.”

Suzy pursed a little smile and said, “I’ll just see you later then.” Then she finally left.

{BG Music: Again and Again by Yozoh Piano Instrumental}

It was already 3:00 in the morning but Sehun wasn’t home yet. Guess he enjoyed drinking with the other employees. Suzy kept on checking outside just to make sure he’s home. Somehow, she’s worried about him because he’s not a real human. She wasn’t sure what will happen to a genie if he drinks too much.

She waited in front of his apartment while the snow was falling. It was cold but she didn’t bother.

Later, she heard footsteps moving towards where she is. Immediately, she checked who it was and found Sehun walking alone improperly due to being drunk while singing a song. He was funny though.

Suzy walked towards him, asking, “Hey, what took you so long?”

“Suzy~ My Suzy~ why didn’t you come with us? It was enjoyable. We sang, we ate, we drank…”

Suzy smelled her alcoholic breathe. “Geez. You’re drunk. Let’s go inside now. It’s cold out here,” she said and hooked Sehun’s arm on her shoulders to help him walk.

Sehun took away his arm on Suzy’s shoulders which made her surprised. “No. I want to stay here. My body’s not feeling cold,” he said while trying to stand up properly. His eyes were feeling sleepy and his face were starting to get red.

“You drank too much,” Suzy said then grabbed Sehun’s arm but Sehun shoved her away.

“I said no!” Then he pursed a smile like an idiot and grabbed Suzy’s hand. “Sorry.”

Suzy wrinkled her brows. “Why are you saying sorry?”

The snows were already on top of their heads but Sehun still didn’t want to go inside.

Sehun placed her cold hands on Suzy’s cheeks and smiled again. “Pretty.”

Suzy got annoyed so she shoved Sehun’s hands away from her cheeks. “Ya! What’s wrong with you?! If you want to stay here alone, then go! I’ll go back inside.” Slowly, she started to go back inside.

Meanwhile, Sehun dropped down on his knees and whined. “Suzy~”

Suzy spun around and was surprised with Sehun. “Ya!” She walked towards him to help him up but he was heavier than she thought so she just bended down and talked to him. “What’s your problem, huh?”

Sehun’s tear fell suddenly. “I don’t want to die yet.”

“Huh? Are you sick?” She clucked her tongue. “You are really going to die here if you won’t come inside. Come on now. You’re acting like a baby.”

Finally, Sehun stood up with Suzy’s help. “I’m tired.”

“So am I.”

{#}

Morning came. Sehun felt his head ach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter