The Date

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday came. Suzy helped Sehun dressed up like a real man which made Sehun feel uncomfortable with his clothes. “Don’t you think I am too much dressed up for a date?” he asked irritably.

“Nah. You’re cool,” she said as she patted his shoulder.

“Can I go now?” he asked. “Just an hour okay. I don’t want to extend my time on a girl I’m not sure of.”

“Oh, you know her.”

Sehun crossed his brows. “Areum?”

Suzy pursed a smile and nodded. “Yup!”

“Ugh.” He was about to go back to his room and change his clothes because he doesn’t want to date Areum…again.

But Suzy grabbed his arm and said, “Hey, you said yes already. And remember the ‘anything’.”

Sehun shook his head and massaged his temples. “Fine. One hour. Okay, I’m going. Do not leave this place until I get back home, okay? And do not attempt to kill yourself again. You understand?”

“Yeah, yeah,” she said as he pushed him away towards the exit. “Good luck!”

{#}

It wasn’t nice to make a girl wait on a date but Areum arrived earlier than the time set that’s why she was the one who waited for him.

“Hey,” Sehun greeted and raised his right hand to get Areum’s attention.

Areum smiled widely as he saw him coming. She stood up from the bench she was sitting and walked towards her. “Hi. You look great. Did you choose your outfit for the night?”

“Nah. Suzy did. Honestly, I’m uncomfortable with it. I’m not used to wear long sleeves. Can I just take it off?”

“Eh?”

“I’m wearing a t-shirt,” Sehun said with a small chuckle.

“Oh. Sure,” she said and hang her hair at the back of her right ear.

“By the way, you also look great tonight.”

Areum blushed and lowered her head. “Thanks.”

“Um, so, what’s the plan?” (Stupid Sehun. A guy should have a plan on a date.)

“Let’s go on an ice rink,” Areum suggested and grabbed Sehun’s hand.

 

At the ice rink area, Sehun and Areum skated together. Areum wasn’t that good enough yet so Sehun was there to help her. He was holding her waist while her hand on Sehun’s shoulder.

“Just slow down. You don’t need to move fast yet,” Sehun said while escorting Areum.

Areum laughed. “Yes, thank you.”

“Why did you invite me here if you still don’t know how to skate?”

“Because I want to learn from you.”

“You’re crazy.” He chuckled.

Areum stopped and turned her head facing Sehun and looked him straight in the eyes. “I am.”

Sehun stopped and stared at Areum, too. He laughed. “I don’t mean it seriously.”

“I like you,” she said bluntly.

Sehun’s mouth opened and let go of Areum’s waist in surprise. “Areum.”

“I said I like you.”

“Then…what do you expect me to say?”

“That you like me to!” she almost shouted.

 Sehun scanned the crowd who was staring at them then whispered, “Hey, don’t shout. Let’s not talk here.” He grabbed Areum’s hand and took her away from the ice skating rink.

 

They sat on the bench and Sehun asked, “Now, talk.”

Areum’s head was lowered while saying, “What I said was true. I really like you. From the day we spent Christmas together until now.”

Sehun sighed. “But…I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what?”

“I like you, too, but just as friends. I can’t like you more than that.”

Areum looked at Sehun with her eyes tearing up. “Do you like someone else? Is she prettier than me? Is she nicer than me? Tell me so I’ll stop.”

Sehun shook his head and was tensed. “Areum, just stop.”

“I won’t until you tell me that you like someone else…”

“I like someone else!” he shouted.

Areum’s mouth shut.

“But I am not allowed to like her. You know the feeling that you want to spend your life with someone whom you are not allowed to? It hurts. I know what you feel. We’re just the same. So if I were you, find someone else; a person that you can really love. I’m really sorry.” He continued, “Let’s end the night and just go home, Areum.”

Sehun stood up from his seat but Areum held his hand and said, “I won’t stop liking you. Suzy said that it might take time for you to like me. I will wait for that time to come.”

Sehun turned his head back to Areum and sighed. “That time won’t come, Areum. Trust me. Don’t waste your time liking me.”

Areum tightened her grip on Sehun’s hand. Tears came falling down her eyes. “No!”

Sehun was about to take Areum’s grip from his hand but Areum stood up and suddenly kissed him.

He pushed her away and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. “What’s wrong with you?!” he shouted.

“Sehun, I really like you!” Areum shouted.

“I don’t like you! I will never like you! I didn’t expect you to be so desperate, Areum. You just disappointed me.” Sehun shook his head and walked away.
 

{#}

Before Sehun showed his face to Suzy from ‘dating’ Areum, he pretended that everything went well. He knocked on her door and it opened up.

“You’re here? You really did date her just for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter