The End

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your time is coming to an end, Sehun,” Sehun’s master said in his (Sehun) dreams.

“I understand. I’m ready, master. But before I die, can I grant Suzy’s last wish?”

The master nodded with a small smile on his face. “Yes.”

“Thank you, master.”

 

Sehun opened his eyes with tears. He wiped them and sat up from lying down. He sighed and jumped off his bed and headed to the kitchen. Surprisingly, he saw Suzy preparing breakfast. “You startled me,” he said while walking towards her.

Suzy showed him a warm smile and said, “Oh, I’m sorry. I just want to do this everyday like it’s our last day.”

Sehun hugged Suzy and kissed her forehead. “You’re not mad at me?”

Suzy buried her head on Sehun’s chest and said, “Just a little because you surprised me but it’s okay. Let’s forget about it.”

Sehun hugged Suzy tightly, saying, “Let’s go on a date tonight at JYP Town rooftop.”

Suzy looked up at Sehun. “Date?” she blushed. “S-sure,” she stammered.

“But I want you to do something.”

Suzy narrowed her eyes curiously. “Do what?”

“I want you to tell your last wish.”

Suzy furrowed and pushed Sehun away lightly. “No!” she exclaimed. “Are you crazy? Why would I do that?”

“Suzy, don’t make it hard for us. Even if we like it or not, I am a genie. I need to leave.”

Suzy sighed heavily. “That’s the problem! You’re a genie. You should have told me earlier the effect of loving you!”

“Are you blaming me?”

Suzy shook her head. “N-no. It’s just…I want us to be together forever.”

“Me, too, Suzy but what can we do? I am just a genie and you’re a human.”

“But my mom was a genie before she turned into a human!”

“WHAT?! Are you saying that you are a half genie?”

Suzy shrugged. “I-I guess.”

“If your mom was a genie then she also fell in love with a human?”

“Yes.”

“Did she die?” Sehun asked curiously.

Suzy shook her head. “No. The human died because he wished to reverse the rule.”

Sehun placed his palm on his face. “Ugh. We can’t escape the reality, Suzy. I can’t escape my death.”

“Ya! Then I’ll also reverse -”

“No! You’re not going to do that! I’ll kill myself if you wish for that. You understand?”

Suzy started tearing up. “Then how about me? Do you think I can live without you?”

“Suzy, I beg you. Don’t let your emotions overcome you. If I die then so be it. Just find another man.”

Suzy gritted her teeth angrily. “So you think it’s easy, huh? You don’t know what it feels to be left behind,” she said and run away.

“Hey wait! Suzy! That’s not what I meant! Ugh.” He cursed himself and punched the wall with his fist. Dammit!

{#}

Suzy walked along the streets thinking about Sehun. What should I do? The only thing in her mind was Sehun. She doesn’t want him to disappear or the worst, o die. If they didn’t fall in love with each other, this won’t happen.

Suddenly, while scanning the streets, a familiar store caught her attention. It was the antique store where she first saw and bought the genie box. Immediately, she went inside the store.

Surprisingly, it was no longer an antique store but a furniture store. Curiously, she asked one of the employees, “Um, excuse me, when did this store turn out to be a furniture store? Isn’t it that this is an antique store before?”

The employee furrowed her brows and chuckled. “I’m sorry, ma’am. I think you’re in the wrong store. We’ve been here for almost two years already.”

“Two years?” she exclaimed surprisingly.

“Yup. But are you looking for something?”

“Um, how about an old lady? Is she an employee here? I saw her before. I’m sure this is an antique store before.”

“Ah. No, she’s not an employee here. She’s a customer. It was months ago when she came here. Oh, wait. Maybe you’re the one she’s talking about. I’ll be right back,” the employee said and left Suzy.

Then when she came back, she handed Suzy a letter. “Here, an old lady wanted me to give this to a young lady. She told me that if someone will look for her, I’ll give this letter. I guess you’re the one. I’ve been waiting for you like months.”

Suzy crossed her brows and reached the letter. “Th-thanks.”

“Well, I should leave you now, ma’am,” the kind employee said and went back to work.

 

Suzy left the store with her mind full of curiosity and confusions. She sat on the bench and opened the letter. It says:

                Suzy, use your mind in telling your very last wish. Don’t let your emotions overcome you. Don’t let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter