Christmas

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As morning came, Suzy hurriedly jumped off her bed to check Sehun if he was home. She picked up her gift to Sehun on the table and headed in front of Sehun’s apartment.

She knocked on the door but no one was opening it. She knocked again until she heard chuckles coming towards her. She was expecting for Sehun. Surprisingly, she saw Sehun together with Areum. Her excitement faded as she saw them together.

Areum gasped in surprise and greeted, “Suzy! Merry Christmas!”

Suzy looked at Areum then to Sehun. “Um, hey.”

Areum smiled at her and then looked at Sehun. “You told me you have no one to celebrate Christmas with. How about Suzy? You're cousins, right?”

Suzy looked at Sehun and barged in, “Ah, that’s because I went somewhere.”

Sehun saw the gift Suzy was holding and asked, “What is that?”

Suzy hastily looked at the gift box she was holding and immediately hid it behind her back. “Nothing. This is nothing.”

Areum smiled brightly and said, “Suzy, hey, I just gave Sehun a present.”

Suzy faked a smile. “Ah really? What is it?”

Sehun barged in, “She gave me a knitted sweater.” Then he showed it to Suzy.

Suzy gasped in surprise when she saw that Areum’s gift was the same as hers. She felt sad and disappointed. “That’s – beautiful.”

Sehun cleared his throat and said, “Let’s get inside now.”

Areum nodded and smiled. “See you later, Suzy.”

“Hey,” Suzy called. “Um…”

Sehun and Areum looked back at Suzy.

“Just the two of you?” she asked.

Sehun replied while looking at Suzy blankly. “Yes.”

Suzy nodded and pursed her lips. “Oh, okay.”

As Sehun invited Areum inside his apartment, Suzy threw her gift in the garbage bin then went back inside her apartment, feeling lonely.

Sehun saw it so he secretly picked up the gift from the garbage bin. He was surprised when he saw his name written on it,

                To: Sehun

                From: Suzy

He opened the gift and his mouth widened when he saw the same knitted sweater just like what Areum gave him. He sighed, feeling guilty about leaving Suzy alone. Ugh. Stupid Sehun! You’re stupid! She’s trying to make it up with you!

As he unfolded the sweater, a letter fell. He picked it up and opened it. It says,

Merry Christmas, Sehun!

Um, first of all, I just want to say sorry for hurting your feelings. I guess I am really that insensitive towards others feelings. Now I understand why people leave me. It’s okay. I’m used to it. Maybe you are already sick of guiding me. Don’t worry, I am already thinking of my last two wishes very carefully so that you can already leave a mean, cold, and rude girl. That’s me. By the way, thanks for accompanying me when we were in Paris. I appreciate your kindness. Well, this is all I can say.

I hope you have a happy Christmas, Sehun.

-Suzy

After reading Suzy’s letter, Sehun gulped and lowered her head, feeling more guilty and worried. He rolled his fist and punched the wall hardly. Stupid! I should hate you! I can’t love you, Suzy but how can I stop this feeling?! He sighed and sat on the rectangular table. He massaged his temples and thought deeply. If the only way to love you is for me to die and for you to forget me, then so be it.

He stood up courageously and headed inside Suzy apartment. “Suzy!” he called.

No one was answering which was weird. She should be out of her room right now. “Suzy,” he called again.

Worriedly, he checked her inside her room but she wasn’t there. Then to the comfort room, but she wasn’t there neither. Shockingly, he saw her unconsciously lying on the kitchen with blood flowing from her right arm and a knife behind her. “SUZY!” he shouted worriedly and hurriedly carried her.

“Areum! Areum!” Sehun called which made Areum went out of Sehun’s apartment immediately.

“OMO! SUZY!” Areum exclaimed nervously as she saw blood on Suzy’s arm.

“Hurry up! Let’s bring her to the hospital!” Sehun ordered.

 

{#}

Sehun told Areum that he can wait alone for Suzy since Areum’s parents will be coming home. And so, Areum went home after giving Sehun a comfort.

Suzy was still unconscious lying on the hospital bed while Sehun was sitting on a couch beside her bed.

Sehun stared at her, still feeling worried. He felt his heart thumping fast because of what happened. What if Suzy died? He will never forgive himself if that happens.

Surprisingly, his grandmaster showed up again through the painting on the wall.

“Sehun,” his grandmaster said.

“Master!” Sehun exclaimed. “Master

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter