The Lost One

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy immediately stood up from where she was sleeping and looked for Sehun. “Where’s Sehun?” she asked nervously while going out of the tent. Hopefully, her dreams won’t come true: that Sehun is gone and will be gone.

But what bothers her were the words Sehun uttered in her dreams. I love you.

She shook her head and let her senses went back to reality. She whispered, “What is wrong with me? Why am I so worried about him being gone? I mean if a human and a genie can’t love each other, I shouldn’t be worried.” Sehun doesn’t love me anyway.

Suddenly, Areum tapped her shoulder. “Suzy, Taehyung and Sehun are waiting for us. Are you okay?”

Suzy smiled a little. “Yes.”

 

As Areum and Suzy walked towards the two boys, Taehyung asked, “Did you have a good sleep, Suzy?”

Suzy lowered her head still bothered by her nightmare. She didn’t even hear Taehyung.

“Suzy?” Sehun called her attention.

That voice aught her attention. “Yes? I mean, what?”

Sehun placed his palm on Suzy’s forehead and asked, “Are you sick? It seems like you’re not feeling well.”

Areum secretly narrowed her eyes towards Suzy.

“I’m fine,” Suzy said wearily. “It’s just…something is bothering me but never mind. It’s just nothing. It’s my problem not yours.” She smiled a little.

Later, the facilitator blew his whistle. “Listen up, participants! There are four flags scattered inside the forest to be collected by each team. Actually, there is a total of five flags each team and the first is with you which hints where to find the second flag. Every flag has a challenge which you should do as a team. The first one who will collect all the flags has a price waiting for them and the losing team will be punished. So, good luck everyone! Be careful inside the forest and enjoy! Okay, get ready! In three, two, one, go!”

Sehun grabbed Suzy’s hand and together they ran with Areum and Taehyung.

“Hurry! Hurry!” Taehyung shouted while moving towards the dark forest.

Taehyung’s group walked together towards the bushes and were looking for the flag. Suzy and Sehun were looking on the same area while Areum and Taehyung were looking at the same area.

Sehun was about to let go of Suzy’s hand for a while but Suzy tightened her grip which made Sehun looked at her.

Suzy didn’t look at him but it was obvious that she didn’t want to let go of his hand. There are thoughts in her head: What if Sehun will disappear suddenly? What if her nightmare comes true?

So, Sehun didn’t mind to look for the flag far from Suzy.

“FOUND IT!” Taehyung shouted in happiness then the other members jogged towards him.

“What’s the challenge?” Sehun asked.

 “Wait, there’s a question. “If your team’s boat is sinking, who will you save first?” Pick one member.”

The team members looked at each other.

Sehun answered first, “Suzy.”

Areum felt jealous. “Sehun.”

Sehun wasn’t surprise at all.

Taehyung answered, “Suzy.”

Then the team members looked at Suzy. Before answering, she gulped, “Um…Areum.”

Taehyung pouted. “No one wants to save me? I’m your leader, guys,” he said which made the other laughed.

I will never be thankful, Suzy. Areum thought evilly.

“Now what’s the challenge?” Suzy asked.

“Okay, here’s the challenge. “Tie a rope on your waists until you pass through the lake and collect the next flag. Let’s see if your team is as strong as the rope. Good luck!” Geez, is this even a challenge?” Taehyung asked boastfully.

“Let’s just do it!” Suzy exclaimed.

The team started tying the rope on their waists and was about to pass through the calm and scary lake. It looked like a dead body was underneath.

Before they did, there was one member who doesn’t want to pass. It was Areum. “I don’t want to pass there,” she said, feeling scared.

Taehyung sighed and shook his head. “Why again, Areum?”

“I-I’m scared. W-what if th-there’s a d-dead body?” she stammered.

Suzy, Sehun and Taehyung, who were already wet, chuckled. Sehun walked towards Areum and his back facing her. He tapped his back and said, “I’ll just give you a ride if you want.”

Suzy smiled a little. “Go, Areum. Sehun’s offering you a piggyback ride.”

Areum nodded nervously and let Sehun carry through his back.

“Ugh!” Sehun groaned. “I didn’t expect that you’re heavy as this.”

Areum hit Sehun’s shoulder softly and pouted. “I’m not that heavy, Sehun.”

Suzy was walking first followed by Taehyung then by Sehun and Areum. While they were passing the lake, Areum had the chance to be very close to Sehun. With her head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter