The Last Words

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The team building day had finally came. All the participants arrived early at the area which was really suited for the event. It has a green grass, a forest, and a lake. Different colored flags and challenging equipment were also scattered everywhere.

All the participants gathered together as the facilitator announced, “Listen up! As you we all know, all of us are students here but we are expecting everyone to follow the rules and regulations. We will be strict in giving orders and punishments so make sure you’ll follow. Okay, now gather up your team and start building your tent. It’s already 7:00 am. See you all again at 7:30.” Then the facilitator blew his whistle which means ‘Go!’

The participants scattered and started assembling their tents.

“Suzy, do you want me to help you and Areum assemble your tent?” Sehun asked.

Areum looked at Suzy with a feeling of jealousy.

Suzy smiled a little and shook her head. “No, thanks, Sehun. We can handle it.”

“Ya! Oh Sehun! Why offer them help instead of me?” Taehyung complained.

Sehun and Suzy chuckled.

“Fine. Coming,” Sehun answered and walked towards Taehyung to help him build their tent.

“Suzy?” Areum asked while unfolding the tarp-clothing.

“Yes?”

“Are you really cousins with Sehun?”

Suzy surprisingly looked at Areum. “What do you mean?” she asked nervously without being obvious.

“Um, I’m just curious. Because I really can’t see any relativity with you two,” Areum said nervously.

Suzy just faked a laugh. “We’re real cousins, Areum. My mom and his dad are cousins. So we are also cousins.”

Areum chuckled nervously. “Okay.”

“Um, why did you ask?”

“Nothing, Suzy.” Areum smiled sheepishly.

Suzy nodded and smiled a little but she was worried that maybe Areum already knows that they weren’t really cousins. She wasn’t sure of what excuse she’ll make if ever Areum knows the truth already. “I’ll just go borrow a hammer, Areum. I will be right back.”

 

Later, while Suzy was staking down the edge of the tent cover with a hammer, she accidentally hit her thumb. “AH!” she shouted which caught Areum, Taehyung and Sehun’s attention.

Sehun immediately jogged towards her and asked, “Are you okay?”

Suzy shook her head while holding her hurtful thumb. “I accidentally hit my thumb.”

“Yikes. It turns red. I’m very sure you’ve hit it hard. That really hurts a lot,” Taehyung said in a teasing tone.

Areum covered worriedly while looking at Suzy’s thumb. “Suzy, that’s bad.”

Sehun grabbed Suzy’s hand and looked at her thumb very carefully. “Tsk. Why are you being so stupid?”

Suzy’s brows crossed and took away her hand. “Yeah, yeah. I’m very stupid. Sorry, okay?” she said, being pissed off.

Sehun rolled his eyes and grabbed Suzy’s hand again. “Let me see it first! You shouldn’t have used a hammer. It’s a guy’s job to assemble the tent. I told you you need my help,” he nagged.

“Whatever, Sehun. Let go of my hand now,” Suzy said trying to take her hand away from Sehun’s grip.

Areum watched the two with jealousy again and hatred towards Suzy. Irene’s right! Something is fishy between this two.

“Come with me. I brought a first aid kit,” Sehun said and dragged Suzy away. “Taehyung, kindly assemble their tent.”

Taehyung groaned but still, continued assembling the girls’ tent.

 When Sehun and Suzy were away, Areum asked Taehyung, “Taehyung, do you think Suzy and Sehun are really cousins?”

“Hmm?” Taehyung asked while hammering the edge of the tent. “I don’t know them very well yet so maybe yes. But if they’re not real cousins, Sehun is very lucky to have Suzy. I like Suzy actually.”

Areum gasped. “Geez, Taehyung. You have a girlfriend!”

Taehyung laughed. “I know. Is it bad to have a crush? I have a crush on Suzy but I love Irene. Calm down, Areum. How about you? Do you have a crush?”

Areum lowered her head and blushed.

“Oh, come on. I’m used to it. Girls are really shy when they confess their true feelings in front of me. I can handle it. Many girls have confessed their feelings towards me already. You’re not the first one.”

Areum looked at Taehyung in surprise. “Huh? You’re too full of yourself. You’re not the one I like.”

Taehyung’s mouth opened then he scratched his head. “Well. Then who is it?”

“It’s Sehun,” she said bluntly. “He knows it already and he said that he just like me as a friend.”

“Oops. Friend-zoned.”

Areum rolled her eyes. “I want to talk to him alone but he’s always with Suzy. Taehyung, please help me.”

“Huh?” Taehyung raised an eyebrows. “Me? How?”

Meanwhile, at the two boys’ tent where Suzy and Sehun were, Sehun was putting a bandage on Suzy’s thumb. He said calmly, “Hey, please take care of yourself.”

“Now you’re telling me again that I am stupid?” Suzy asked, fuming.

“No. I just don’t want you to be hurt.”

Suzy was surprised with Sehun’s words and stared at him while he was still putting bandage on her thumb. She gulped and felt something weird. He’s acting weird these days. And why…do I feel this way for the second time? I felt this way before with Jong Suk. “Oh Sehun…”

Sehun looked at Suzy in the eyes.

They stared at each other for seconds then Suzy said, “Nothing.”

Sehun scoffed. “Okay. Back to what I was saying. Take care of yourself, Suzy. Always. Because after your last wish, I will be…”

“I don’t want to talk about that,” Suzy said and stood up. “Let’s go outside now. Taehyung and Areum are waiting for us.”

Sehun sighed and followed Suzy.

 

At exactly 7:30 am, the participants started the activities.

Their first activity was the rope course wherein each member will traverse a distance by transferring from one log to another which is attached on a tight rope on a high area. They don’t need to worry because all of the participants will be given a helmet and a safety belt to hold them in case they will fall.

Sehun noticed that Areum was worried so he asked, “Areum are you okay?”

Areum looked at Sehun worriedly and answered, “No. I’m afraid of heights.”

Sehun smiled and tapped her should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter