The Evil Plan

Genie in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Listen, class. I have a good news for you,” the teacher announced to the students.

“No more exams for this school year?” one of the students asked which made the others laughed.

The teacher sighed and shook her head. “No, Mino. That will never happen. Never. I want you to know that the school head already signed the petition for students’ team building this coming Friday.”

Then the students started shouting in happiness. They were excited to have a night out with their friends and classmates. That would be great except if you don’t have any friends.

“Okay, quiet now. Since the student leaders are the one who will facilitate this event, I want all of you to participate. You understand?”

Naeun whispered to Sehun, “Did she just say party?”

Sehun chuckled. “…cipate. Participate, Naeun. Clean your ears alright?”

Naeun laughed.

Meanwhile, at the back, Suzy noticed that Areum wasn’t excited about the announcement, so she asked, “Areum, aren’t you excited about the team building?”

“I’m thinking of not joining, Suzy.”

“Huh? But why? I guess it will be exciting. Is there any problem?”

Areum looked at Sehun, who was chatting with Naeun from afar. “I just want to disappear.”

Suzy’s brows crossed, worried about what Areum said. “Hey, don’t say that. Don’t plan of doing something scary, okay? You know I have tried that before but please don’t try it, too.”

Areum buried her head on the desk and said, “I feel ashamed of what I did.”

Suzy placed her hand on Areum’s back to comfort her though she had no idea with what Areum did. “Areum, whatever it is, you better forget it.”

Areum sat up straight and looked at Suzy. “It’s easy for you to say Suzy because he’s your cousin.”

“Cousin? You mean Sehun? What are you ashamed of, Areum? I thought your date did go well. What’s wrong?”

Areum buried her head on the desk again. She shook her head while saying, “I can’t imagine what I did. I want to scream now!”

Suzy rubbed Areum’s back while saying, “Don’t worry, Areum. I’ll go talk to him.”

Areum immediately sat up straight. “What are you gonna tell him?” she asked nervously.

“Um, I don’t know yet. But maybe I’ll tell him that you two should talk. And I guess you should join the team building so you two can talk very well.”

“You think he wants to talk to me again? I really did something embarrassing.” Areum covered her face in embarrassment and buried her head on the desk again.

Sehun turned his head to Suzy.

Suzy just gave him a look. What really happened during their date? I’m curious.

 

Later, while Suzy was keeping her books inside her locker, Taehyung approached. “Hey, what’s up loner?”

Suzy closed her locker and gave Taehyung a blank stare.

“Ooh. Guess you’re no longer a loner now. Um, just want to ask you, are you going to join the team building?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Good. We should be a team then.”

“Team? For what?”

“Ah. There will be a treasure hunting, too. Students are allowed to choose their own team members. Five members per team. So, can I count you in my team?”

“How many are lacking in your team anyway?”

Taehyung scratched his head and said, “Four.” He smiled sheepishly.

Suzy laughed at him. “Now who’s a loner, huh? Okay. I know two more members who can join us. It’s up to you to fill up the last spot for our team.”

“Yes! Thanks, Suzy. Does that mean we’re friends now?”

“How did you know my name?”

“Well, let’s say that your name tag did its part,” Taehyung smiled playfully. “Friends, it is.”

Suzy shook her head. “Alright. Since I have heard your sad life story, we’re friends now.”

“And oh by the way, thank you for keeping it as a secret. You know, about my family.”

Suzy cocked her head. “No problem. I should go now. See you around.”

“Yeah, see you around.”

{#}

The day before the students' team building, Taehyung, who served as the team leader, asked to hold a team meeting at their house. He also decided to have an overnight with the group so no one will be late for tomorrow’s event.

At that night, Suzy and Sehun arrived together.

“Oh, come in,” Taehyung said and let the two come in.

Suzy and Sehun sat on the couch and scanne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter