Friends

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

*I recommend readers to wait until all images and gifs are loaded before reading*

 

 

Namjoon was a precious friend to me at this very moment. The sound of the clock kept ticking by and the teacher's words went into my ear, occupied my brain for a mere second, then left the other way out. Only five more minutes. That Kim Namjoon was finally being useful and doing a good deed for me. First time he's done a good deed ever since our six years of friendship, really. He promised me he'll pick me up in front of the school gates and introduce me to his high school friends, but secretly I hoped that he had sent one of his friends instead. 

 

The bell finally rung. 

 

"Why the rush?" I bumped into Chanyoung who was already in front of our classroom door, waiting for Bona.

"Not your business," I paused and stared at him suspiciously before speaking up again. "Why are you always out so early? How are you 1st in our grade when you're always leaving class so quickly?"

He shrugged, "The teacher says whoever answers the question correctly can leave and I always happen to be the first to get it right."

"Tch. Show off." I patted him on the shoulder, “Sometimes you need to know how to let things go. So people like me...” I gestured “Can feel motivated to study when we see our rankings move upwards.”

He only laughed. Suddenly someone came behind him and pulled my arms away from his shoulders. “In your dreams. The most Chanyoungie would go down in rank will be 2nd and nothing more. Only if you threaten his life then maybe he’ll consider it. But even if he did come 10th or 15th, that won't change your ranking.” Bona turned to Chanyoung “Isn't that right?”

 

"Hmm..." Chanyoung pulled his hand onto his chin then ruffled Bona’s long straight hair, “And maybe if someone threatens your life?” 

“Urgh. I’m leaving.”

“Where?” Bona asked.

“That was my first question but I don’t think she heard me,” he purposely whispered in Bona’s ears loudly, mocking me. I bet their hobbies were teasing me. It was always two against one and that was unfair. Only if Namjoon and I attended the same high school. No. That wouldn't change anything because he'd always rush off to the music faculty anyways.

“I’m going out to meet Namjoon.”

Chanyoung raised a brow, “Kim Namjoon? No wonder why the girls were all gossiping. What's that good-for-nothing guy up to now?”

"Hey," I nudged him in the shoulders. "He may look like that but he actually has a very kind soul, you know. I mean if he acted according to his looks then I wouldn't of been his friend in the first place."

"There we go, a boyfriend for you!" Bona clasped her hands together. 

I glared at her. How many times did I have to tell her that we weren't like that. We were only meant to be friends from Day zero. "I need to go now." I walked down the hallway leaving the two behind, but before I reached the end of the hallway I heard Bona complaining, "Yoon Chanyoung. Why were you listening to other girls gossiping?!"

 

 

 

There were girls left and right, scattered around trying to see the new face. I noticed the silver blonde hair and sighed. Another reason why I didn't want him to come pick me up. His hair was freaking blonde. I told him many times to dye it back to an ordinary colour but he wouldn't listen to me. I could never get used to it, especially because our school was strict with our appearance and reputation. Our school motto was pretty much 'clean appearance, clear study, polished future'. Our students weren't allowed to dye their hair except for dark brown only a shade lighter than our original hair. The idea that a blonde-haired Korean student was waiting in front of the gates intrigued the students and couldn't possibly have been good news for them.

 

"Hey Sunmi. Did you see that guy?"

"Is he in a gang?"

"Is he here to pick a fight?"

"Isn't that Bighit Boys High School unifo

Please log in to read the full chapter