Reappearance

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Why was the weather damn cold. I huffed as my hot breath hit the cold air forming visible clouds every time I breathed out my mouth. I thought back to the scene I had witnessed and anger piled in me once again, "What was that girl thinking!" 

When I reached home I realised the house was louder than usual. "Is someone over today?" I rung the door bell and waited.

"Oppa!"

"Hey Taeyoon," I scruffled my ten year old sister's hair.

"Oppa, oppa. Unnie's here," she jumped up and down in excitement.

"Unnie?"

Taeyoon grabbed my arms to drag me, but that seemed unnecessary because the girl came out to greet me herself. "Hello Taehyung. It's been a while."

"Seo Hyojin..?" My eyes widened and she walked over to me to give me a hug.

"How have you been?" She released me and I blankly stood in surprise. The last time I met Hyojin was around three years ago before my family moved to Seoul from Daegu. I recalled the time she ran all the way to my house after she heard the news that I was moving and yelled at me for not telling her first. I remember how I took nearly an hour to calm her down and send her back home. Luckily we were next door neighbours and I didn't have to walk far. She was really cute back then. That's probably why she was my first love. Although things didn't work out well because for her there was nothing more between us other than the ten years of friendship. Plus, there was that saying that first love was only supposed to remain as 'first love'.

"Hey Kim Taehyung," she nudged me once.

"Huh," I broke out of my thoughts and she chuckled before waving her hand in front of my eyes. "Why are you spacing out?"

"Ah. It's nothing," I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.

"Taehyung are you home?" Mum came out from the kitchen with red oven mits over her hands, proving that she had been busy cooking, "Quickly change and come to greet Hyojin's parents. They're in the living room."

"Y-yes."

"Oh, and did you introduce her to Sunhee?" she asked me then looked at Hyojin. "I gave her the directions to Sunhee's house because Hyojin was looking for you first thing when she came here."

 Sunhee.. At the name I felt irritated. However, I soon overcame it and asked mum what she was talking about. 

"Omoni, I came back halfway. I thought I was going to get lost and decided to come back here and wait for him instead. I'm not too familiar with Seoul after all," Hyojin interjecte

Please log in to read the full chapter