Shattered

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"HE WHAT?!" 

Namjoon's eyes rounded as big as a saucepan. I swallowed in my tears and repeated what I had said, "He confessed to me." I knew he was going to go in for a big shock. I watched as he tugged his hair in frustration. But, a second later, he said something I couldn't comprehend. 

"So he did it in the end. That idiot!" 

"W-what?" I wiped my eyes, feeling a little less tense than before, maybe because I've told someone what was burdening me. Namjoon then looked over at me, "You're an idiot too. Is that why you've been hiding from Taehyung?"

I nodded.

"For whose sake are you hiding this for!?" He raised his voice at me causing me to flinch. I didn't know why he was so angry at me. Maybe it was better if I had kept this to myself. I couldn't reply to his question so I mumbled words that didn't make sense.

"If you don't have the confidence to tell him, then I will. Right now," Namjoon took out his phone but I pulled onto his arms trying to prevent him from calling. "NO! Namjoon. Don't. Please. I'll tell him myself." I pleaded. "I just need time."

"I don't get it! Why are you so hesitant for!?"

"Because!" I yelled back. Because... 

"Because what? Don't you think of what Taehyung would feel?"

"I do! And I know it's not right," I paused finally realising the answers to my questions. Why I was hesitant? Why couldn't say anything to Jimin that day. My voice quietened down to a soft whisper, "But I'm greedy. What am I supposed to do when I don't want to lose both friendship and love?" I let go of his arms, water forming in my eyes again. However I tried hard to keep it in because I didn't deserve to cry. I had no right to.

Namjoon sighed next to me then patted me. "I think I understand a little now. I'm sorry for shouting. Don't cry." His words made me feel even worse. Another round of my tears swelled in my eyes and my voice shook as I replied, "What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong. This is all my fault."

"It's not your fault, so don't cry. Why don't you come over to see Taehyung today?" he suggested.

"I can't."

"Sunhee. Do you know how selfish you sound right now? The further you push everything back the more you won't be able to face Taehyung and the more he'll be waiting for you." He looked at me straight in the eye. "You can ask for my help if you need, so let's go today and resolve this."

"O-okay." I was unsure, but I still replied.

"Good."

 

œœœœœœœœœœ

 

I counted as the red numbers flashed at the top of the elavator, from 1 to 2 to 3 and so on. It was like the first day I visited Seokjin oppa's place all over again. I couldn't simply avoid the nervous feeling building up in my body. A lump formed in my throat as we were reaching the highest level. But this time, it was for a different reason.

Ding

The elevator opened and Namjoon and I got off. What happened if I came across Park Jimin instead? I couldn't build the courage to confront him. We arrived in front of the door and Namjoon unlocked it with a password. 

"Who is it?"

Please log in to read the full chapter