Encounter

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

*I recommend readers to wait until all images and gifs are loaded before reading*

 

"I love you."

"Mmm, I love you too.."

I was blinded by the prodigious love to the extent that I hadn't realised the both of us were in great danger. Not until I felt something fling on my head. What was that? My eyes trailed towards where the small rocks had fallen from and gasped in horror. The beautiful landscape with clear blue sky wasn't so beautiful anymore as the cliff started to collapse in on us. The boy who was next to me whispering sweet nothings in my ears a second ago, disappeared. An overwhelming fear spread through my body like poison which caused me to stand still and prevented me from shouting for help. Everything just played in slow motion in my head.

 

 

"Where am I?"

"Where am I?" a voice repeated, slightly amused. "Where do you think you are, Ahn Sunhee?"

"The cliff," I mumbled while rubbing my eyes. The cliff. My eyes bolted open and I checked to see if I was okay. That's when I finally realised something. 

"Good afternoon to you too," Bona jeered at me. "You made it just on time for home."

A second after those words spilled out of the school bell rung and half the students in class laughed at Bona's comment. I frowned and quietly eyed the teacher hoping she hadn't taken notice of me. Everyone started packing their bags and I scurried to walk out the door. Only two more steps. I was nearly there.

"Stop right there-"

Nearly. I was this close. Half my body was out the exit but I quickly retrieved myself and faced the person who called me.

"You're on morning duty tomorrow for sleeping in class." 

"Mi-miss I wasn't sleeping," I fibbed.

"Then who does the 'I love you' belong to. Surely it wasn't for Lee Bona."

I tried to avoid her eyes but in the end I hung my head low in repentance, "I won't sleep in class again."

"Good. You may leave now."

Bona was waiting for me outside the classroom and I linked my arms into hers. "The school keeps us in until seven and they expect us to be awake the whole time?" I complained.

"It's only until seven." 

I gave her a sullen look, "Back when I was in middle school I used to get home before four. I miss those early days."

"Like you said. That was back in middle school. We're now in third year."

"But still..."

Suddenly, a tall lean figure shadowed over us, blocking the way. More specifically, he was blocking Bona. "Chanyoung-ah!" My arms were suddenly released and the girl who was once next to me quickly fit herself into her boyfriend's arms.

 

"Sorry I came late."

"It's alright."

"I'll take you home," he offered and gave Bona a quick peck on the lips.

"Excuse me," I intervened in their conversation to remind them of my existence. I hated Yoon Chanyoung. His presence always made me an outcast but I guess I was used to it now. "I'm here too, please do your indecent acts when you're alone."

"Okay then, we'll be going so we have time to ourselves. Bye Sunhee!"

I firmed my lips into a line and crossed my elbows. "Fine," I sighed.

"See you tomorrow."

Please log in to read the full chapter