- Christmas Special -

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

*BONUS CHAPTER AHEAD!*

This chapter is NOT in relation to the storyline of this fanfiction. You have been warned.

 

 

 

 

Minsuga: It's This* chat isn't only for you two love birds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL I -

 

 

 

"Am I invited?" 

I turned my head to face Bona, who was sitting next to me, while my cheeks were still on the surface of the school desks. She waited for a reply but in return I only smiled as a way of mockery. I dumped my forehead back on the table and tried to snug into my not-so-comfortable pencil case, using it as a pillow. Why were we here again? I questioned myself. At school, in the end of the year. However, funnily enough, I answered my own question. That's right. It's because the teachers wanted a reunion with the third year students. "They had nowhere better to go, so they invited all the students back to school to have a pizza party," I quietly complained to no one in particular. 

"So am I?"

Bona repeated. I waved my hands in gesture to shoo her away, "You go play with Yoon Chanyoung."

 

"Yah. Ahn Sunhee, do you hear yourself? Why is Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon always before me!? Why are you always spending time with them and not me?" 

I lifted my head and watched Bona going into a small fit. She huffed after she was done speaking out her mind then crossed her arms. I chuckled then looked around the classroom filled with laughter and gossips. Everyone was waiting for the 20 plates of pizza which had been ordered through the teacher's credit card. Then I looked out the window. The sports field was covered in pure white snow and the heat of the classroom made the windows slightly fog up. It really is Christmas already. Bona was now frustrated that I wasn't answering her questions, "Are you going to break our friendship just because of a boy?"

I frowned at her for a mere second before sighing, "Do you hear yourself? Lee Bona, then let me ask you a question. Why is Yoon Chanyoung always before me?" No reply. She looked at me and I could see a glint of guilt in her eyes before it changed to sorrow. 

"I'm not proving to you that Taehyung or Namjoon is more important than you. What I'm trying to say is that you're equally as special. I won't be blinded by love to leave you to do class projects with my boyfriend, be partners with him during sports or leave to have lunch together with him." I could see the arrows of guilt shooting straight through her "...I mean of course it's too late for those kind of things now anyway, since we graduated high school."

 

"Sunhee~ I'm sorry~" I was pulled into a great hug and she patted my back several times. "I didn't know you felt so lonely!"

"As bad as it sounds, you can say Kim Namjoon was just a replacement for you," I pretended to wipe my tears and Bona tightened the hug. "I didn't know anything. I'm sorry Sunhee. I'll take better care for you."

"Okay, okay. Get off me now," I tried to pull out of Bona's arms "...and keep that bit where I said Namjoon was a replacement, a secret. He'll get mad," I joked.

 

"PIZZA'S HERE!"

 

 

œœœœœœœœœœ

 

 

I breathed into my hands to keep them warm and snuggled into my big red woollen scarf as I was heading home. The snow seemed like it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. As I was walking I imagined of all the things I could do with Taehyung during Christmas day. Finally, I don't need to spend Christmas by myself in my room. I remembered how three years in a row Bona called me out on Christmas day, but I kindly declined her. I mean, I wasn't that oblivious to be a third wheeler in a couple's beautiful Christmas date. 

When I reached near my house my footsteps automatically stopped. There were two tall black silhouettes in front of the door. It seemed like they were in a battle of struggle. What are they doing in front of my house? I was frightened. What if mum's inside? I desperately took out my phone and dialled a number.

"Hello?"

"H-hello? Mr. Policeman?"

"Yes it is. How can we help you?"

"There's two strangers fighting in front of our house. Please come quickly!"

 

Not even 10 minutes after I called, two policemen parked their car directly in front of my house. The two people who were quarrelling soon realised they were after them and stopped their actions. I came out of my hiding spot and hid behind one of the policeman to see the commotion.

"This guy tried to get into my house!"

"My house? This isn't your house. I know the people that live here! Don't be fooled, policeman. I tried to stop this person from robbing the house. Only a girl and her parents live here!"

"I'm that girl's brother! But who are you?!"

"Don't lie. She doesn't have a brother! I know because I'm her boyfriend!"

"Boyfriend? She doesn't have a boyfriend!"

"Both of you quit it!" The police tried to intervene and I walked in front to take a closer look at their faces. "Taehyung!?"

 

"Oh! Sunhee! This person trie—" 

I looked at him, then the taller guy next to him and did a double take. Oh my god. 

"Oppa?!"

 

 

 

 

"What are the both of you doing here?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL II -

 

 

 

 

 

I glanced between Taehyung and Jaehyun oppa. It felt awkward sitting between the two as they were unintentionally have a staring competition. Honestly, the staring was more one sided because only my brother was examining Taehyung up and down while Taehyung was sitting up straight and silently gulping every minute or so. 

 

"Boyfriend? Huh."

At his mere voice, Taehyung quickly replied, "Y-yes hyung-nim. I'm sorry about what happened outsid—"

"I told you not to date until you were in university," he averted his gaze to me "Are you rebelling because you're grown up now?" I rolled my eyes, What am I? Nine years old? I gave my brother a look of disapproval and nodded my head in disagreement "I'm already nineteen, oppa. Plus, I graduated high school so technically I'm an adult now."

"But not in university yet," he pointlessly argued. I frowned at his reply but soon decided to introduce him to my boyfriend whether he liked it or not. I grabbed Taehyung's hand, "This is Taehyung. Taehyung, say hello," I looked at him who was still nervous because of my brother's presence, "That person's my older brother, Ahn Jaehyun."

"That person? How rude. I didn't teach you like this, Ahn Sunhee." He crossed his arms and shook his head in shame. I ignored him and told Taehyung to relax. Although my brother was acting harsh in front of my boyfriend, I knew somewhere deep deep inside he was just worried about me. Maybe a bit too deep that sometimes I even questioned whether if he was really worried or just that he didn't want to take responsibility of me. Not that I needed his responsbility. "By the way, why are you here?" I asked Taehyung, "The party's tomorrow." He ruffled my hair and gave me a smile, "Do I need a reason to see you?"

"Hey, hey no public display of affection in this house." 

Taehyung quickly stopped his actions and let go of me while my brother followed his every move like an eagle.  I turned to my brother and asked him the same question, "How about you? Aren't you supposed to spend your Christmas break with your family?"

"Aren't you my family?" he retorted. "No, I mean your other family," I replied as if it was the most obvious question in the world. My brother uncrossed his legs and leaned forward, figeting with his fingers. I knew this position. It came out whenever he came to ask for a favour. "Eh hum.." he cleared his throat. Now the tables were turned. I lifted a brow in suspicion, "What is it? Did you cause trouble?" 

He stared at me, "I'm not you." 

"Pfftt—" 

I made a face then slapped Taehyung on his thighs, "Don't laugh!" My brother held in his laughter but in the end smirked at me. Why does it feel like these two click along. That's a bad sign. I calmed myself and tried to turn the conversation, "What are you here to ask for?" 

"Nothing big, really." Oh god. It had to be something big. My brother never came home to ask for small favours in the first place. I remember last time that Ahn Jaehyun came home, he asked dad if he could buy a boat because all his friends had one. Some rich friends he had. Being the first and only son my dad bought it for him straight away. That was already six years ago, when he was twenty one. Such a spoilt brat he was back then. "So what is it?" I persisted.

"If it's something I shouldn't hear, should I leave?" Taehyung cautiously asked. "You can go stay in my room for a while until we're done talking," I said, eyeing my brother, " And don't touch anything in my room." He made his way into the room and closed the door behind him. I sat back on the couch, waiting for my brother to speak.

"I'm going on a trip to Europe for Christmas..." he started.

"...and?"

"I'm going with your sister-in-law,"

"Sounds fun." 

"Only with your sister-in-law."

"....."

"You and mum need to take care of the children. Next three days. We come back on the day after Christmas."

"Sorry, the exit is that way out," I pointed to the front door.

"It's only three days. Mum will be taking care of them anyway, not you," he pleaded, "I'll bring back a present from Europe."

"Oppa! Mum's planned for a cruise trip with her friends the next two days! She can't cancel it."

"It's okay. You're nineteen, you can take care of babies now."

"All three of them? I'm only nineteen," I groaned. "Who told you to have so many children?"

"It wasn't our choice."

 

Ding Dong

 

"Who's here?" I asked but my brother rushed to the door without giving me a reply. 

"Honey~" the person on the other side of the door spoke, "Can you open the door for me please?"

Sister-in-law? That was definitely her voice. In the speed of light

Please log in to read the full chapter