Shattered II

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I paced up and down inside my room biting onto my nails thinking of the worse case scenarios. What if Jimin was caught up in that fire? Jungkook said he was on the search for him with the rest but he himself wasn't too sure of what was happening. He just went over to hang out with Jimin at his place but was shocked to see heavy grey smoke coming from inside and called the fire brigade.

I called Jimin multiple times but it only left a voice message saying he was busy. I was worried sick and tightly held onto my phone. 

Ding dong

"Who is it now," I muttered under my breath. At the thought that it could possibly be Jimin I rushed to the door. 

"Sunhee."

There standing right in front of the doorway was who I expected. "Jimin!" I exhaled in relief to see him safe but paused after examining his miserable state. "Are you o kay?I heard what happened."

He stayed silent. 

"Do you know how worried the others are right now. They're all in panic because you're missing," I explained. "And why is your phone off? Do you know how many times I called you. I better call Jungkook to tell him that you're here." I was about to dial him when Jimin pulled away my hands to stop me. 

"Can you just keep me company? Don't call anyone over. Just having you by my side for a while will be fine," he said, looking straight at me with eyes full of despair.

"Jimin." I had nothing to say. He just needed someone to be by his side right now and if it was that then I thought it was fine. He wasn't asking much from me anyways. 

"Let's sit down and you can explain everything to me."

 

 

I prepared something warm for him to drink. He took a few sips of the tea then set it down on the table. The both of us were sitting on the sofa with a fair space between us. 

"It's my dad," he started.

"Oh..." I said as if understanding the whole situation already. Jimin never liked talking about his dad. They weren't in a good relationship after all. I waited patiently until he continued, trying to pay full attention to him.

"He invited one of his women home," he spoke in bitterness. "They knew I was home but they still did..."

I could only gasp in abhorrence. He didn't need to say the next few words for me to understand. How could your father do something inappropriate with another woman when he knows his son is home? I sympathised Jimin. "But you know what pisses me off more than the fact that she practically burnt down the kitchen?" he rhetorically asked through his gritted teeth. "That she wanted to role play a good mother and started cooking in my kitchen like nothing happened. After what they've done right next to my room," he spat in disgust. I saw what seemed like tears form in Jimin's eyes and I couldn't feel any worser than this for him. My own eyes glistened with tears and I slowly patted his back. I didn't know why I had so much tears recently.

Without hesitating he leaded his face directly on my shoulders. It must've been hard for him. After his mother ran away when he was in second year of middle school he went through a big emotional roller coaster and his dad's affairs weren't helping at all. At the young age of fourteen he had to deal with the shock of his father's relationship with various other women and couldn't comprehend his actions. But still it was the first time I've heard Mr. Park bring a woman home. It was the first time. That's probably why Jimin couldn't handle it on his own. 

"I thought I was over it," he honestly said between his quiet sobs. "I thought I was grown up about my dad's affairs but I think I'm still just a child who can't manage his hatred."

"No Jimin. What you're doing is right. Shout when you're angry and cry when you're sad. You don't need to always fake a smile."

At my words he moved his head and looked up at me. After a second of meddling in my eyes he slowly moved his face towards me causing me to jerk back a little. "Jimin," I squealed but he didn't stop.

Please log in to read the full chapter