Promise

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

*I recommend readers to listen to the songs that come with this chapter*

 

"Huh?" 

"Let's, break up."

At those three words my brain stopped functioning. It was funny how my tears dried up when the words came out of his mouth. My despair soon became irritation and anger sweeped over my emotional state. How could he say those words so easily while holding onto me? I slapped his hands off my wrist then glared at him. Taehyung let go of me and I tried to turn back but the shock of his confession only caused me to stumble backwards into Jimin. 

"You okay?" he asked.

I nodded a response but didn't say anything. Taehyung and I gazed into each other, talking, not with our mouth but our eyes.

Who was that girl? Is she the reason why? Was this how you felt when you saw Jimin in my house that day?

We need time for ourselves.

Do you really mean what you're saying?

 "I have no choice but to let you go," Taehyung mumbled in his usual low voice. I frowned in distaste. No choice? When were we ever given a choice in love? When none of my questions in mind were answered we were stuck in an awkward silence. 

"Taehyung."

At the girl's voice the three of us turned back to see the girl running towards us. Another wave of displeasure struck me and this time it seemed like Taehyung had realised because he rushed over to her and dragged her back the way they came from leaving without turning back once.

That was probably the last time I heard from him.

 

œœœœœœœœœœ

 

"Sunhee."

"Park Gee," I smiled and waved. Jimin waved back from the front of the gates and I fastened my pace to make my way out of the school ground as quick as possible. "Yah. Remember lunch is on you today," I playfully nudged him and he laughed in response. 

"I got it. I'll take you to a famous ddeokbokki place near our school," he explained.

"You have a lot of money right? I eat a lot you know," I said proudly. Jimin pulled out his black wallet out of his back pocket as if proving that he was loaded with money,

"I'm a prepared man." 

Just as we were about to leave Bona along with Chanyoung exited the school and met up with us. 

 

"Why do I always see the two of you together. I do not approve of this relationship."

 

"Yeah Park Jimin. Why are you always here instead of Taehyu—uhgnm."

Taehyung. I sighed. I hadn't heard of that name for a while. I wonder how he was doing. As soon as Bona realised what she had done she quickly let go of her boyfriend's mouth.

 

"Omo. What am I doing. Chanyoung-ah are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

I cringed while watching them and whispered in Jimin's ears, "You see what I have to deal with at school?" 

Jimin nodded in understanding, "It's a bit too much isn't it. Want to move to our school? You won't be seeing any of that."

"I would consider moving if it wasn't an all-boys school," I replied and the both of us laughed. "Anyways," I coughed interrupting the two love birds, "Jimin and I are going to leave now. Bye."

 

 

We reached our destination which looked like a run down food store, but according to Jimin it was the best of the best ddeokbokki shops in Seoul despite the old fashion. The place was packed with students and we were lucky enough to find a table.

"Ahjumma, ddeokbokki for two and four fishcake sticks please," Jimin ordered.

"Okay Jimin wait five minutes," the old shop owner said and went back into the kitchen to cook. 

"You must be really familiar with this place. She even knows your name," I whispered over the loud students.

 "Taehyung first introduced me here and I've been coming here more frequently than I go home," he explained.

"Oh," I replied. "How's Taehyun

Please log in to read the full chapter